Audeze had one goal in mind when designing the LCD range of headphones "To recreate sound precisely as the artist intended". The LCD range produce incredibly accurate and detailed sound, which has won Audeze many awards in the Hi-Fi world and gained many professional studio users including Ken Andrews (Paramore, Nine Inch Nails), Rob Swire (Pendulum / Knife Party), Richie Hawtin, Andy C & Noisia, as well as many of the world's leading mastering engineers.
• Audeze Headphpones utilise Planar Magnetic technology,which overcome many of the limitations of cone-based drivers.
• Unlike conviention cones which are attached to a voice coil with a single magnet, Planar Magnetic drivers have two sets of magnets, with the diaphragm etched onto a wafer-thin film in between them with one set of magnets pushing as one set pulls. As the magnetic field is distributed across the entire diaphram, it can move faster, reproducing the waves much more accurately and also reduces distortion . Other headphones and speakers often have square waves that look more like sawtooths, due to the cone not being able to move as fast as required.
• Planar magnetic drivers are also a lot more durable than dynamic drivers as only the diaphram actually moves in the headphones, so the drivers wont degrade as they get older.
• Audeze made many chages to the basic planar magetic design, with them being renowned for thier extened low frequency response and exceptionally sharp transients. Easy to Drive
The LCD-XC is sensitive enough to be driven directly by portable players like iPods, iPhones, Laptops and smartphones but an external amplifier produces better results.Scan Recommends• Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier
for use with Apple / Android phones and tablets.• SPL Phonitor Mini Headphone Amplifier
for home and studio use.Audeze Diaphram Construction
These are the 2014 model that include the new "Fazor" waveguides in each earphone assembly. The Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. The two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets.
The LCD-XC is Audeze's first foray into closed-back design and has been in research and development for several years. The LCD-XC is a fully-enclosed headphone with classic Audeze-quality sound for a more exclusive experience in noisy environments.
For the purest, most discerning audiophile listening sessions, open headphones remain the favored choice, but the closed-back LCD-XC is the finest enclosed headphone experience you’ll find.
The LCD-XC is available in a hand-worked Bubinga wood. The enclosures are made from precision-crafted anodized aluminum with sloped earpads of either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free super-suede microfiber. The earpads are designed with specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and the right acoustic balance.
"In some situations either LCD-X or LCD-3 can suffer from the inherent drawback of an open-back design: it doesn't block sound from coming into your ear because it's open, and it leaks heavily into the room as well. Good thing Audeze now offer a closed back model. The LCD-XC are the best closed-back studio headphones i've heard. " - Thijs de Vlieger (Noisia)
"I am truly blown away by the balance, quality and spatialisation of the LCD-XC" - Julian Treasure (Chairman of The Sound Agency, TED lecturer)All Audeze products are handcrafted in the USA. Features
• ADZ6SE Cable (single-ended 1/4"): 1/4” TRS to 2x4-pin mini XLR
• ADZ6B4 Cable (balanced 4-pin): 4-pin XLR to 2x4-pin mini XLR *
• 1/4" to 1/8" adapter
• Ruggedized travel case
• Wood care kit
• Warranty documents
• Personalized frequency response graph available through [email protected]