Audeze LCD-XC Headphones plus DiGiGrid Q Bundle
• Audeze LCD XC
• DiGiGrid Q Headphone Amplifier
Audeze had one goal in mind when designing the LCD range of headphones "To recreate sound precisely as the artist intended". The LCD range produce incredibly accurate and detailed sound, which has won Audeze many awards in the Hi-Fi world and gained many professional studio users including Ken Andrews (Paramore, Nine Inch Nails), Rob Swire (Pendulum / Knife Party), Richie Hawtin, Andy C & Noisia, as well as many of the world's leading mastering engineers.
• Audeze Headphpones utilise Planar Magnetic technology,which overcome many of the limitations of cone-based drivers.
• Unlike conviention cones which are attached to a voice coil with a single magnet, Planar Magnetic drivers have two sets of magnets, with the diaphragm etched onto a wafer-thin film in between them with one set of magnets pushing as one set pulls. As the magnetic field is distributed across the entire diaphram, it can move faster, reproducing the waves much more accurately and also reduces distortion . Other headphones and speakers often have square waves that look more like sawtooths, due to the cone not being able to move as fast as required.
• Planar magnetic drivers are also a lot more durable than dynamic drivers as only the diaphram actually moves in the headphones, so the drivers wont degrade as they get older.
• Audeze made many chages to the basic planar magetic design, with them being renowned for thier extened low frequency response and exceptionally sharp transients.
Easy to Drive
The LCD-XC is sensitive enough to be driven directly by portable players like iPods, iPhones, Laptops and smartphones but an external amplifier produces better results.
Audeze Diaphram Construction
These are the 2014 model that include the new "Fazor" waveguides in each earphone assembly. The Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. The two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets.
The LCD-XC is Audeze's first foray into closed-back design and has been in research and development for several years. The LCD-XC is a fully-enclosed headphone with classic Audeze-quality sound for a more exclusive experience in noisy environments.
For the purest, most discerning audiophile listening sessions, open headphones remain the favored choice, but the closed-back LCD-XC is the finest enclosed headphone experience you’ll find.
The LCD-XC is available in a hand-worked Bubinga wood. The enclosures are made from precision-crafted anodized aluminum with sloped earpads of either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free super-suede microfiber. The earpads are designed with specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and the right acoustic balance.
"In some situations either LCD-X or LCD-3 can suffer from the inherent drawback of an open-back design: it doesn't block sound from coming into your ear because it's open, and it leaks heavily into the room as well. Good thing Audeze now offer a closed back model. The LCD-XC are the best closed-back studio headphones i've heard. " - Thijs de Vlieger (Noisia)
"I am truly blown away by the balance, quality and spatialisation of the LCD-XC" - Julian Treasure (Chairman of The Sound Agency, TED lecturer)
All Audeze products are handcrafted in the USA.
It might be small, but looks can be deceptive. The Q Headphone Amplifier is one of DiGiGrid’s new series of high-end audio interfaces, and is as powerful as it is sleek. This smart little box has been designed to drive headphones at serious volume, and is fully controllable to suit any audio applications: from home recording projects to creative rehearsals, to major studio sessions and Audiophile headphone listening – in fact, all audio applications where precise monitoring is required.
Q features 1/4-inch and 3.5mm outputs, so can accommodate any headphones up to 600 ohm. It has four monitoring input options to suit all users: XLR (for professional use), Ethernet (to connect to the SoundGrid Network), Analogue (for the consumer Audiophile), and Bluetooth, for a fun and fast experience working direct with your digital music collection.
The interface integrates seamlessly with any other SoundGrid product, should you wish to expand your network and add a high-end headphone amp to your studio’s live room, vocal booth, control room, or live FOH or monitors setup.
Furthermore, Q benefits from a non-slip base and optional micstand adaptor plate. It is powered by a twist-lock 12V DC power supply (provided as standard), or Power over Ethernet (PoE) for maximum flexibility or ease of set-up, anywhere you want it.
Quality. Powerful. Practical.
With just one simple Ethernet connection to your MAC or PC, running any DAW, you have a simple stand-alone high quality audio interface.
If used in conjunction with the DiGiGrid [S], you can easily network up to four DiGiGrid devices up to 75 Metres apart. They can even be connected to multiple computers and DAW’s at the same time.
Check out the DiGiGrid [M] if you need inputs, or the [D] for more I/O from the same series.
At home or in the office supercharge your computer’s headphone output with this high power, high fidelity output or expand the listening experience of your favourite music tracks via Bluetooth or your HiFi’s phono connection. When using headphones, the DiGiGrid Q provides massive control and enormous amounts of excitement, and as your system grows simply connect up more I/O and DSP from the DiGiGrid rackmount series.
The DiGiGrid [S] is the ultimate in fixed power sources. Sleek and compact, in line with the series’ style, it features one upstream (non-PoE) port, and four downstream PoE ports, which allows connection to four further DiGiGrid devices. [S] is also Dante compatible, so it’s the perfect complement to your growing networked audio system both now, and in the future. Features Audeze LCD-XC
• ADZ6SE Cable (single-ended 1/4"): 1/4” TRS to 2x4-pin mini XLR
• ADZ6B4 Cable (balanced 4-pin): 4-pin XLR to 2x4-pin mini XLR *
• 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.
• Ruggedized travel case.
• Wood care kit.
• Warranty documents.
• Personalized frequency response graph available through [email protected]
• Just 9cm cubed in high grade aluminium extrusion for rugged yet flexible use.
• 4 types of high-quality monitoring inputs to suit all users.
• AES/EBU on XLR for professional audio applications.
• Connects to the SoundGrid network via a single Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6).
• RCA for the consumer Audiophile.
• Bluetooth for working direct with your digital music collection.
• ¼” or 3.5mm jack sockets for your preferred headphone choice.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.