Audeze LCD-3 + Lake People G109-S Amp Bundle
Audeze LCD-3 - Planar Magnetic Headphones + Lake People G109-S Heaphone Amplifier Bundle
By DPD On 17th Jan 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
This bundle includes the amazing Audeze LCD-3 planar headphones and the Lake People G109-S headphone amplifier.
Audeze LCD-3 - Planar Perfection. The Epitome of High-End
Recommended By Scan Pro Audio
The LCD-3 is a time machine that puts you in the room with your favorite artists and musicians. It's luxuriously spacious, with powerful bass, a rich and engaging midrange, and a top-end that draws you into the music. Its rich, vibrant sound has scale and authority derived from a deep, ambient soundstage with exciting detail and dynamics. The LCD-3 was said to be the best in the world and its natural timbre, especially through the midrange, was described as a thing of beauty.
These headphones benefit greatly from a dedicated headphone amp, we recommend the Audeze Deckard, Chord Hugo or Mojo combined DAC & Amps, or the Nuforce HA200 & SPL Phonitor Mini Analogue amplifiers for the LCD-3's
Exclusive LCD-3 Planar Magnetic Technology
Deep Bass. Liquid Midrange. Sweet Treble
Audeze had one goal in mind when designing the LCD range of headphones "To recreate sound precisely as the artist intended". The LCD range produce incredibly accurate and detailed sound, which has won Audeze many awards in the Hi-Fi world and gained many professional studio users including Ken Andrews (Paramore, Nine Inch Nails), Rob Swire (Pendulum / Knife Party), Richie Hawtin, Andy C & Noisia, as well as many of the world's leading mastering engineers.
• Audeze Headphones utilise Planar Magnetic technology which overcome many of the limitations of cone-based drivers.
• Unlike conventional cones which are attached to a voice coil with a single magnet, Planar Magnetic drivers have two sets of magnets, with the diaphragm etched onto a wafer-thin film in between them with one set of magnets pushing as one set pulls. As the magnetic field is distributed across the entire diaphragm, it can move faster, reproducing the waves much more accurately and also reduces distortion. Other headphones and speakers often have square waves that look more like sawtooths, due to the cone not being able to move as fast as required.
• Planar magnetic drivers are also a lot more durable than dynamic drivers as only the diaphragm actually moves in the headphones, so the drivers wont degrade as they get older.
• Audeze made many changes to the basic planar magnetic design, with them being renowned for their extended low frequency response and exceptionally sharp transients.
Designed, Engineered and Handcrafted In Audeze's California Factory
The LCD-3 is thoroughly engineered for long-term comfort and spacious, realistic sound. We closely match our planar transducers, and match our beautiful factory-made wood rings by grain and color.
You'll be proud of how the LCD-3 looks and sounds. It's imbued with sophisticated looks and beautiful hand-made rings. The quality of the entire structure guarantees years of trouble-free listening. Our cutting-edge designs and circuit technologies have created an astonishingly beautiful sounding headphone.
Industrial Design By Audeze
Exotic Woods. No Danger
We use tropical West African Zebrano hardwood -- known as Zebra wood -- not listed in the CITES Appendices. We also match the earpads by leather texture and color. You can choose lambskin leather or Microsuede headbands and earcups that are filled with carefully selected foam for best sound and comfort during long listening sessions.
These include the new "Fazor" waveguides in each earphone assembly. The Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. The two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets.
Lake People G109-S Headphone Amplifier
The PHONE-AMP G109-S was developed with the aim of ensuring the highest possible transmission quality on low, medium and high impedance headphones.
There's over 2 Watts per channel of potential power, so plenty of headroom before saturation for even the most power hungry models.
The G109 can be used with headphones from 16 to 600 ohms and at varying effiiciencies, owners of high-efficiency headphones may rarely turn the volume control past the nine-o'clock position without risking hearing damage, while even the max setting may be too soft for low-efficiency headphones. Of course, all users expect maximum quality with the lowest noise and distortion possible.
Therefore the circuitry must be able to adapt to these conditions, since the headphones won't!
• ADZ6SE Cable (single-ended 1/4"): 1/4” TRS to 2x4-pin mini XLR
• ADZ6B4 Cable (balanced 4-pin): 4-pin XLR to 2x4-pin mini XLR
• 1/4" to 1/8" adapter
• Ruggedized travel case
• Manual and Warranty documents
• Personalized frequency response graph available through [email protected]
Lake People G109-S
• Unbalanced inputs
• DC coupled amplifier (can be switched off)
• PRE-GAIN: 3-step gain adjustment
• NF transmission range 150 kHz (-3 dB)
• High-Grade Alps RK 27 potentiometer with optimum synchronization and lowest crosstalk
• Toroidal transformer and large sieve capacities
• Discretely constructed power amplifiers
• Made in Germany
• Dynamic Range : 600 Ohm: > 125 dB / 129 dB (A-wtd)
• Dynamic Range : 100 Ohm : > 122 dB / 126 dB (A-wtd)
• Noise: < -98 dBu / -101 dBu (A-wtd)
• THD+N (1kHz / 2x10V / 100R = 1W) < -100 dB / < 0.001 %
THD+N (1kHz / 2x18V / 600R = 0,5W) < -102 dB / < 0.0008 %
Power Output per Channel
• 600 Ohm 595mW
• 300 Ohm 1056 mW
• 240 Ohm 1107 mW
• 100 Ohm 1742 mW
• 60 Ohm 2053 mW
• 40 Ohm 1806 mW
• 32 Ohm 1402 mW
• 16 Ohm 765 mW
|Headphone Type||Open Back|
|Headphone Connector Type||1x 6.35mm Cable & 1x 4-Pin XLR Cable|
|Cable Length||2.5 m|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months