Audeze LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Aluminum Finish, Manufacturer Refurbished
Audeze LCD-2 Aluminium Headphones + Travel Case : A+ Grade Manufacturer Refurb with Full Factory Warranty.
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Audeze LCD-2 Aluminium - Limited Edition of a Classic Planar Headphone
Recommended By Scan Pro Audio
These headphones have been factory refurbished by Audeze in California - they come with the standard full 3 year warranty on drivers and 1 year on cables and hardware
Scan UK Exclusive - The aluminium version of the LCD-2 is perfect for both producers and engineers as well as music listeners , as it is the lightest LCD-2 available, with similar styling to the all aluminium LCD-X
The LCD-2 is Audeze's original "game-changing" headphone and the one that propelled them into a world of rave reviews.
This revision sits perfectly between the warmer tone of the "LCD-2C Classic" and the mastering grade detail of LCD-X. Noticably brighter than the classic model, this keeps the excellent low end frequency response and gives an extremely well balanced frequency response that's similar to the LCD-X, so perfect for studio mix work, with transient detail that gives a very accurate reflection of how mixes will translate on speaker systems.
The LCD-2 is the most forgiving of the LCD Collection due to a magnetic structure that provides extremely low distortion. Fast and dynamic with terrific bass, the midrange - where music lives - is superb as are the golden highs. Audeze's proprietary technology eliminates breakup modes found in other designs and improves clarity.
The sloped ear pads are dual purpose and are designed for aesthetics and functionality. These have soft lambskin leather and the ear pads have been handcrafted to look great and offer the right amount of firmness for a comfortable fit that provides the proper amount of isolation and seal. Additionally, the sloped design provides a more stable fit while positioning the driver more directly towards your ear to ensure correct imaging and sound signature.
These headphones benefit greatly from a dedicated headphone amp, we recommend the Audeze Deckard, Chord Hugo or Mojo combined DAC & Amps, or the Nuforce HA200 & SPL Phonitor Mini Analogue amplifiers for the LCD-2's
Exclusive LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Technology
Deep Bass. Liquid Midrange. Sweet Treble
Audeze had one goal in mind when designing the LCD range of headphones "To recreate sound precisely as the artist intended". The LCD range produce incredibly accurate and detailed sound, which has won Audeze many awards in the Hi-Fi world and gained many professional studio users including Ken Andrews (Paramore, Nine Inch Nails), Rob Swire (Pendulum / Knife Party), Richie Hawtin, Andy C & Noisia, as well as many of the world's leading mastering engineers.
• Audeze Headphones utilise Planar Magnetic technology which overcome many of the limitations of cone-based drivers.
• Unlike conventional cones which are attached to a voice coil with a single magnet, Planar Magnetic drivers have two sets of magnets, with the diaphragm etched onto a wafer-thin film in between them with one set of magnets pushing as one set pulls. As the magnetic field is distributed across the entire diaphragm, it can move faster, reproducing the waves much more accurately and also reduces distortion. Other headphones and speakers often have square waves that look more like sawtooths, due to the cone not being able to move as fast as required.
• Planar magnetic drivers are also a lot more durable than dynamic drivers as only the diaphragm actually moves in the headphones, so the drivers wont degrade as they get older.
• Audeze made many changes to the basic planar magnetic design, with them being renowned for their extended low frequency response and exceptionally sharp transients.
Designed, Engineered and Handcrafted In Audeze's California Factory
The LCD-2 is thoroughly engineered for long-term comfort and beautiful sound. We closely match our planar transducers, and match our beautiful factory-made wood rings by grain and colour.
Industrial Design By Audeze
We also match the earpads by leather texture and colour. You can choose lambskin leather or Microsuede headbands and earcups that are filled with foam carefully selected for best sound and contribute to the level of comfort during long listening sessions. Pair the LCD-2 with a quality headphone amplifier or integrated amp for best sound.
These include the new "Fazor" waveguides in each earphone assembly. The Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. The two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets.
• 2.5m 1/4in to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
• 3.5mm to 1/4in stereo adapter
• Professional travel case
• Fazor elements
• Large ultra thin-film diaphragms
• Unique magnetic structure
• Style Open circumaural
• Transducer type Planar magnetic
• Magnetic structure Proprietary push-pull design
• Magnet type Neodymium
• Transducer size 106 mm
• Maximum power handling 15W (for 200ms)
• Sound pressure level >130dB with 15W
• Frequency response 5Hz – 20kHz extended out to 50kHz
• Total harmonic distortion <1% through entire frequency range
• Impedance 70 ohms
• Efficiency 101dB / 1mW
• Optimal power requirement 1 – 4W
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months