ASUS WS Intel Z390 PRO 9th Gen ATX Workstation Motherboard
ASUS WS Z390 PRO, Intel Z390, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, Dual U.2, Dual M.2, 4-Way SLi/CrossFire, Dual GbE, USB3.1 G2 A+C, ATX
By DPD On 17th Dec 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Intel LGA 1151 ATX motherboard with AI Overclocking, quad-GPU support, DDR4 4266 MHz, Dual M.2, Intel Optane memory ready, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C and front-panel connectors.
Designed for compute-intensive workloads, WS Z390 PRO blends tremendous GPU performance, comprehensive tuning options, and robust connectivity for prosumers and content creators.
WS Z390 PRO fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ for multi-GPU setups that harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies, delivering the best performance for design, modelling, medical research and processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications.
Tune It Your Way
WS Z390 PRO simplifies CPU overclocking with software and extensive tweaking options that give beginners and seasoned overclockers alike the tools to build well-tuned machines. A new memory trace layout provides stability and compatibility for both traditional DIMMs and RGB-infused memory, letting you pair a broad choice of DRAM kits with your build.
ASUS AI Overclocking makes automatic tuning faster and smarter than ever before. Available in Windows or directly through the UEFI, it profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration for each individual system.
• CPU Potential: We created a proprietary algorithm that evaluates the capabilities of your CPU
• Cooling Capability: The on-board intelligence also watches system vitals like temperatures, fan speeds, and power draw to gauge cooling performance.
• AI Overclocking: Utilises on-board intelligence to perform automated clocking and provides target frequency and voltage estimations for savvy veterans that prefer manual tuning
5-Way Optimisation: Overclocking Intelligence
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimisation is a system-wide tuning utility that overclocks the processor and tunes fan speeds to ensure the best balance between cooling and acoustics. The automated CPU tuning feature of 5-Way Optimisation leverages the same on-board intelligence as AI Overclocking, but goes further by running a Prime95 based stress test to deliver a result that's well-tuned from the get-go.
TPU Insight: CPU Performance Boost
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, and offers the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
EPU Guidance: All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimises power consumption and maximises savings with Away mode — a smart setting that saves energy by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
With WS Z390 PRO you have comprehensive control over fans via Fan Xpert 4 or our media-acclaimed UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digi+ Power Control: Precise Digital Power Control
Digi+ delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power -efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo App: App Specific Optimisation for Professionals & Gamers
Whether you're a professional designer or hardcore gamer, you'll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo App every day. This intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritise network data and optimise audio settings at app level, meaning your WS Z390 PRO system is perfectly optimised for what you're doing.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and WS Z390 PRO offers one of the best in the business.
• AI Overclocking Guide: The AI OC Guide allows you to enable the AI Overclocking or view a quick guide.
• Prediction: AI Overclocking monitors system vitals like power draw, temperatures, and fan speeds to gauge overclocking performance.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
• SATA Information: Display SATA port details that help you easily recognise drives.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• Search Function: Quickly and easily find the option or setting you're looking for.
• ASUS BIOS Profile: Save BIOS settings for migration to new BIOS version or system.
• GPU POST: View recommendations for multi-VGA configurations and detailed information for selected ASUS graphics cards.
• Last Modified Log: Track the last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
OptiMem II: Reimagined From the Ground Up
To provide Intel's latest processors' unfettered access to memory bandwidth, we've reimagined motherboard trace routing from the ground up. Our OptiMem II tech carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and also adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk. In addition, to further enhance overclocking headroom for fully stacked memory configurations, we've employed a highly customised T-Topology layout that delivers time-aligned signalling.
ASUS OptiMem II Benefits:
• Improved memory stability and compatibility.
• Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages.
• Improved memory frequency margin.
*Tested by using Synopsys HSPICE simulation software.
MemOK! II: Automated Recovery
MemOK! II automatically fixes boot failures that arise due to memory overclocking and instability. When a DRAM-related POST error occurs, the motherboard adjusts memory parameters until the system is able to start.
Cool and Reliable
Designed to tackle compute workloads WS Z390 PRO has enhanced power delivery for multithreaded processors and an array of controllable headers for liquid loops and air coolers.
Cooler By Design
WS Z390 PRO features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
• Multiple Temperature Sources: Each header can dynamically reference three thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 4 you can even map the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to optimise cooling for GPU and CPU-intensive tasks.
• 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan: Each on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
• High-Amp Fan Support: A dedicated fan header that can supply up to 3 Amps, for high-speed high-current fans.
• Water Pump+: A dedicated header that supplies over 3A for high-performance PWM or DC water pump.
• Smart Protection: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• Fan Extension Card Header: Includes three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
M.2 Heatsink: Keep Your SSD Cooler
WS Z390 PRO has an ultra-efficient heatsink to reduce M.2 SSD temperatures for optimal storage performance and improved SSD longevity.
Power Delivery Enhancements
The WS Z390 PRO's CPU VRM utilises Dr. MOS power stages that combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that Intel's latest processors demand.
ProCool Power Connector
Compared with traditional power inputs, ProCool sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines. This lowers impedance, which helps to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
Build to Last
SafeSlot: Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-moulding process, SafeSlot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
• M.2: Speed Up with On-Board M.2 Up to 32Gbps: With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It's the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
• U.2: Join the NVMe Revolution: The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Simply attach your choice of drive and experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card.
• Intel Optane Memory: Optane Ready: Intel Optane™ is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by WS Z390 PRO. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
• USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C: Ultimate-Speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 Gen2 On-Board: With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A™ and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ ports, you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
• USB 3.1 Gen 2 Front Panel Connector: Future-Proof Connectivity: WS Z390 PRO's front panel USB 3.1 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
• ThunderboltEX 3 Card Ready: Experience Blistering Thunderbolt™ 3 Speeds and Any-Way-Up Connectivity: WS Z390 PRO supports ThunderboltEX 3, an Intel-certified Thunderbolt™ 3 add-on card that enables bi-directional speeds of up to 40Gbps through a single cable. Thunderbolt 3 also supports daisy-chaining up to six devices, has a reversible USB-C connector for USB 3.1 compatibility, and supports USB Power Delivery for fast, high-power charging of up to 36W.
• Intel Ethernet: Faster Data Transfers, Lower CPU Usage: WS Z390 PRO features the very latest Intel Ethernet. Intel's LAN has the advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput for faster, smoother data transfer.
• Turbo LAN: Network-Optimisation Software for Customisable Packet Prioritisation: Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology allows you to configure application priority via an intuitive interface, and reduces network lag.
*ThunderboltEX 3 card available separately for purchase.
Intel Z390 Chipset
The Intel® Z390 is a single-chipset design that supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides a maximum of six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z390 also supports integrated-graphics, so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
This motherboard supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support on-board graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance. Features • Quad-GPU Supports: Fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports NVIDIA® SLI™ or AMD CrossFireX™ GPU configurations.
• AI Overclocking: Quickly optimises your CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts.
• OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimisations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking.
• Enhanced Power Solution: Premium components provide better power efficiency.
• UEFI BIOS: New UEFI options include a search function that allows you to find settings easily.
• Industry-Leading Cooling Options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pump, via Fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI.
• Dual M.2 Heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperature for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability.
• Ultra-Fast Storage: Dual M.2 and U.2, plus USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Type-A and Type-C ports on board and a front-panel connector.
|Edition||WS Z390 PRO|
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Dual (2)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||64GB (4x16GB)|
|Audio||Realtek ALC S1220A 7.1 HD Audio + Crystal Sound 3|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|NVIDIA SLI Support||4-Way SLi|
|AMD CrossFire Support||4-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA3 / M.2|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||Dual Wired Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000)|
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
|Board Dimensions||305 x 244 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 1 days
- 01442 265548