ASUS Intel Z170 S Sabertooth TUF Armour ATX Motherboard
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 S, Intel Z170, S 1151, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, GbE, USB3.1A+C, ATX
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£189.49|
|Total inc. interest:||£197.29|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£189.49|
|Total inc. interest:||£204.12|
Purchase Rate: 17.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 17.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
Innovative and Creative: Designed Tough. Built to last
ASUS TUF made the world's first motherboard with an all-white printed-circuit board (PCB), and now SABERTOOTH Z170 S takes the arctic-camouflage concept even further — by stenciling the military-inspired digital pattern directly onto the board! As unique as it is evocative of might, SABERTOOTH Z170 S' stunning new aesthetic envisions the future for your next battle-ready rig.
Arctic-white Q-LED indicator
SABERTOOTH Z170 S is white through and through, and that includes the Q-LED indicator light. With a design inspired by an armored cockpit, see the power and act on the alerts, with a clear indication of five vital boot actions all cast in shimmering by a bright-white LED — the perfect complement for your arctic-themed build!
OC Design: ASUS PRO Clock technology
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel® processors that allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to 400MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS Turbo Processor Unit (TPU), to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — granting an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS: Designed Tough. Built to last
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART) logs to gauge reliability, and even determine if they're about to fail.
• EZ Flash 3: Update the latest BIOS via the internet, and from within the BIOS.
• EZ Tuning Wizard– OC and RAID: Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups!
• My Favorites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Armored Ports, Add-On Cooling: Strong protection with airflow-boosting potential
SABERTOOTH Z170 S's connectivity ports are protected by strong that also looks just great. And, if you fit an additional fan*, the port armor boosts airflow for the best possible cooling.
* 40mm fans supported, and must be purchased separately.
TUF ICe: The total cooling commander
ASUS TUF engineers have forged TUF ICe, a dedicated processor that monitors onboard temperature sensors and fan speeds for ultra-accurate cooling — whether you're adjusting settings manually or using the automatic one-click optimization via Thermal Radar 2 and TUF Detective 2.
Thermal Radar 2: Instant fan tuning. Complete system cooling
Thermal Radar 2 now has 11 fan connectors, the largest number in the industry, and is able to connect with TUF Detective 2 wirelessly for fan control via your smartphone or tablet. Moreover, multiple onboard sensors can let you monitor key components onboard in real time, so you can adjust manually or optimize automatically with one click.
• Thermal Tuning: You can also choose to optimize the whole system's fan setup with a single click. Based on the characteristics of each fan connected to your motherboard, all fan profiles can be quickly optimized.
• Fan Control: Sabertooth Z170 S has customizable settings for each of its 11 fan headers, offering you maximum control over your build's cooling and quietness. You can even monitor, manage and individually name and control your system's fans to create your perfect balance between quietness, cooling and performance.
• VGA: SABERTOOTH Z170 S Thermal Radar 2's fan management has been expanded — you can control fans on ASUS graphics cards, as well as multiple case fans.
• Thermal Status: With thermal-status reports showing CPU and graphics cards zone temperature in real-time, your system fan control can be as precise as you like! Additional CPU thermal assessment gauges temperature rises with increasing voltage, providing a benchmark to judge your CPU cooler's performance.
• Recorder: Critical voltages, temperatures and fan speeds are recorded over time, so you can review your system's history and make informed judgments for improved operation.
• DIGI Power Control: DIGI+ Power control is one of the most essential motherboard designs, and TUF offers ultra-precise memory tuning in addition to extra-accurate CPU voltage control. Best in class power efficiency and stability reduces wasteful voltage discrepancies and provides a more stable CPU and memory setup.
TUF Detective 2: System management at your fingertips
A free companion app puts detailed system information and a user-friendly interface at your fingertips – right on your smartphone or tablet. You're able to monitor key parameters, detect and diagnose errors and adjust your system operation with touchscreen ease wirelessly. Moreover, you can easily download and upgrade the latest BIOS version via the app. Your PC doesn't even need to be switched on for you to make use of the app!
You demand 24/7 durability, so we've delivered! TUF motherboards undergo the industry's most-punishing tests to ensure they're ready for permanent duty in all scenarios. In our development labs we heat them, chill them, bend them, shock them and drop them — so you know that your TUF motherboard is certified for 24/7 durability!
TUF LANGuard Intel Gigabit LAN: Exclusive military-grade LAN protection
SABERTOOTH Z170 S is engineered with state-of-the-art Intel Gigabit Ethernet for super-fast networking at up to 1Gbit/s, and protected by TUF LANGuard: this military-grade innovation integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput — protect SABERTOOTH Z170 S from lightning strikes and static electricity.
TUF Components: Certified for tough duty
• TUF Alloy Chokes: 13.6% Cooler for extra-unbeatable durability.
• TUF 10K Ti-Caps: +20% temp. tolerance and 5X longer lifetime usage.
• TUF MOSFETs: Military-grade certified MOSFETs with lower RDS(on)*
*Low RDS means more power efficient and will thus produce slightly less heat as a by-product of the MOSFET
TUF ESD Guards 2 - 2X Stronger ESD protection for extended component lifespan
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can happen suddenly, and its damaging effects are easily underestimated. TUF ESD Guards 2 technology is tested to standards that are 2X higher than industry standards and exclusive pin-level on specific rear IO connectors* testing is 30% higher than previous TUF standard, ensuring electrostatic discharges are properly grounded from all onboard connectivity — and that means greater component longevity.
• Audio connectors: Capacitor protection on both front and back audio-output circuits.
• LAN Port: ESD TVS diode protection on the LAN circuit bolstered by an anti-surge LAN connector that increases protection against extreme events, such as lightning strikes.
• HDMI/DP connectors: Additional on-circuit ESD TVS diodes to protect HDMI and DP functionality.
• USB connectors: Add On-circuit transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diodes and capacitor protection for surface-mount and dual-inline packages.
Ultimate-speed 10Gb/s with USB 3.1 onboard
With one USB 3.1 Type-A port and one reversible USB 3.1 Type-C for the very fastest USB connections, you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s — or twice as fast USB 3.0. USB 3.1 is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
• Evolve your storage speed with SATA Express.
• Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gb/s.
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge – by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
TUF Audio Design
TUF Audio Design makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen, chatting, watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding, professional engineered design and premium components result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity.
• Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and qreatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
• Unique de-pop circuit; Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
• Audio amplifier: Enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers.
• Special layout design: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
Intel® Z170 Express Chipset
Intel® Z170 Express is a single-chipset design that supports 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core™ i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z170 provides a maximum ten USB 3.0 ports, six SATA 6Gbit/s ports, 32Gbit/s M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support for faster data retrieval. Intel Z170 Express also supports integrated-graphics (iGPU) functions, so you'll enjoy the very latest Intel integrated graphics performance.
Ready for 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
This motherboard supports 6th-generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package, with graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great graphics performance. Features • Digital Arctic-Camo PCB and Q-LED indicators.
• USB 3.1 onboard: One Type-A port plus a reversible Type-C port.
• TUF Detective 2 – system information at your fingertips.
• TUF ICe & Thermal Radar 2 – Total cooling system.
• TUF Components [TUF 10K Ti-Caps, TUF Alloy Chokes & MOSFETs; Certified by Military-standard].
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 60 months