ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Motherboard
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1, Intel Z170, S 1151, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), SLi/CrossFire, Dual LAN, USB 3.1 C, ATX
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
Tough Inside and Out
Innovative and Creative: Designed Tough. Built to last
A mark of new era. With the next era of technological progress, we challenged ourselves to evolve into bringing a completely new design language to TUF line of motherboards. By harnessing our best technology paramount design credentials, SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 envisions futuristic fighting forces, with sleek, stealthy Thermal Armor reimagined in black and metal greyto make a powerful statement of both high style and extreme strength.
Detachable Metal TUF BADGE
Forged with a singular steel construction, a strong metal that channels courage — a symbol of your true being and everything you stand for.
With a design Inspired by an armored cockpit, see the power and act on the alerts, with a clear indication of five key boot actions.
Thermal Armor: Strengthen your ability. Totally boosted airflow.
TUF Thermal Armor is more than a futuristic shield: it employs dual fans to provide maximum airflow and rapid cooling board-wide, and a new interior shunt design to boost air cooling to the M.2 slot. Reversible-airflow technology blows dust up and away from the heatsink VRM, while the exclusive flow-valve design controls the heat-pipe's air contact — great for liquid-cooling setups.
The innovative design beneath the armor strengthens the PCIe slots to minimize the risk of damage.
TUF Fortifier: Improves rigidity and cooling behind the board
SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 delivers great strength and cooling via exclusive TUF Fortifier. A reinforced backplate ensures that the motherboard doesn't buckle under the weight of heavy graphics cards and CPU coolers, minimizing the risk of damaged circuitry from bowing and bending. TUF Fortier even reduces internal temperatures by up to 13°C — an 18% improvement on the previous design!
OC Design: ASUS PRO Clock technology
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel® processors that allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to 400MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS Turbo Processor Unit (TPU), to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — granting an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Flash 3: Update the latest BIOS via the internet, and from within the BIOS.
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART) logs to gauge reliability, and even determine if they're about to fail.
• EZ Tuning Wizard – OC and RAID: Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups!
• My Favorites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
TUF ICe: The total cooling commander
ASUS TUF engineers have forged TUF ICe, a dedicated processor that monitors onboard temperature sensors and fan speeds for ultra-accurate cooling — whether you're adjusting settings manually or using the automatic one-click optimization via Thermal Radar 2 and TUF Detective 2.
Thermal Radar 2: Instant fan tuning. Complete system cooling
Thermal Radar 2 now has 13 fan connectors and is able to connect with TUF Detective 2 wirelessly for fan control via your smartphone or tablet. Moreover, multiple onboard sensors and the bundled thermistor cable let you monitor graphics card temperatures and other key components in real time, so you can adjust manually or optimize automatically with one click.
• VGA: SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Thermal Radar 2's fan management has been expanded — so now you can control fans on ASUS graphics cards, as well as multiple case fans!
• Fan Control: With customizable settings for each fan, you can tune the Dust de-Fan technology to extend your motherboard's lifespan. Switch on your PC and Dust de-Fan briefly spins in reverse direction to disturb settled dust before switching to normal rotation to blow the dust out of the case. You can even monitor, manage and individually name and control your system's fans to create your perfect balance between quietness, cooling and performance.
• Thermal Tuning: You can also choose to optimize the whole system's fan setup with a single click. Based on the characteristics of each fan connected to your motherboard, all fan profiles can be quickly optimized.
• Thermal Status: With thermal-status reports showing CPU and graphics cards zone temperature in real-time, your system fan control can be as precise as you like! Additional CPU thermal assessment gauges temperature rises with increasing voltage, providing a benchmark to judge your CPU cooler's performance.
• Recorder: Critical voltages, temperatures and fan speeds are recorded over time, so you can review your system's history and make informed judgments for improved operation.
• DIGI+ Power Control: DIGI+ Power control is one of the most essential motherboard designs, and TUF offers ultra-precise memory tuning in addition to extra-accurate CPU voltage control. Best in class power efficiency and stability reduces wasteful voltage discrepancies and provides a more stable CPU and memory setup.
TUF Detective 2: System management at your fingertips
A free companion app puts detailed system information and a user-friendly interface at your fingertips – right on your smartphone or tablet. You're able to detect and diagnose errors and adjust your system operation with touchscreen ease. Moreover, you can control your fan and monitor your system wirelessly via the app. Your PC doesn't even need to be switched on for you to make use of the app!
You demand 24/7 durability, so we've delivered! TUF motherboards undergo the industry's most-punishing tests to ensure they're ready for permanent duty in all scenarios. In our development labs we heat them, chill them, bend them, shock them and drop them — so you know that your TUF motherboard is certified for 24/7 durability!
5 Years Warranty: Guaranteed reliability
TUF Defenders: Repel the Dust. Extend the lifespan
TUF design protects back I/O ports, expansion and memory slots, and prevents dust and other airborne particles from entering critical connectors. Dust Defenders guards against dust build up, helping your PC perform in an optimal and stable state for longer.
TUF Components: Certified for tough duty
TUF Alloy Chokes: 13.6% Cooler for extra-unbeatable durability
TUF 10K Ti-Caps: +20% temp. tolerance and 5X longer lifetime usage.
TUF MOSFETs: Military-grade certified MOSFETs with lower RDS(on)*
*Low RDS means more power efficient and will thus produce slightly less heat as a by-product of the MOSFET.
TUF ESD Guards 2: 2X Stronger ESD protection for extended component lifespan
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can happen suddenly, and its damaging effects are easily underestimated. TUF ESD Guards 2 technology is tested to standards that are 2X higher than industry standards and exclusive pin-level on specific rear IO connectors* testing is 30% higher than previous TUF standard, ensuring electrostatic discharges are properly grounded from all onboard connectivity — and that means greater component longevity.
• Audio Connectors: Capacitor protection on both front and back audio-output circuits.
• LAN Port: ESD TVS diode protection on the LAN circuit bolstered by an anti-surge LAN connector that increases protection against extreme events, such as light-ning strikes.
• HDMI/DP: Additional on-circuit ESD TVS diodes to protect HDMI and DP functionality.
• ALL USB connectors: Add On-circuit transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diodes and capacitor protection for surface-mount and dual-inline packages.
Ultimate-speed 10Gb/s with USB 3.1 onboard
With one USB 3.1 Type-A port and one reversible USB 3.1 Type-C for the very fastest USB connections, you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s — or twice as fast USB 3.0. USB 3.1 is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
Evolve your storage speed with SATA Express
10Gb/s High Speed. Up to 4Gb/s faster than SATA3.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gb/s
32Gb/s Gen3 x4 PCIe. Up to 22Gb/s faster than Gen2 x2 PCIe.
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge – by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
TUF Audio Design
TUF Audio Design makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen, chatting, watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding, professional engineered design and premium components result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity.
• Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and qreatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
• Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs
• Audio amplifier: Enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers
• Special layout design: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
Intel CPU and chipset features
Intel® Z170 Express Chipset
Intel® Z170 Express is a single-chipset design that supports 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core™ i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z170 provides a maximum ten USB 3.0 ports, six SATA 6Gbit/s ports, 32Gbit/s M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support for faster data retrieval. Intel Z170 Express also supports integrated-graphics (iGPU) functions, so you'll enjoy the very latest Intel integrated graphics performance.
Ready for 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
This motherboard supports 6th-generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package, with graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great graphics performance. Features • USB 3.1 onboard: One Type-A port plus a reversible Type-C port.
• Thermal Armor with Flow Valve: Strengthen your ability. Totally boosted airflow.
• TUF Fortifier: Damage Protection and Improved Cooling.
• TUF Detective 2: System information at your fingertips.
• TUF ICe & Thermal Radar 2: Total cooling system.
• Dust Defenders: Repel the Dust, Expand the Lifespan.
• TUF Components: [TUF 10K Ti-Caps, TUF Alloy Chokes & MOSFETs; Certified by Military-standard.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548