ASUS SABERTOOTH X99 USB 3.1 Motherboard
ASUS SABERTOOTH X99, Intel X99, S 2011-3, DDR4, SATA III 6Gb/s, RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), Quad SLi/CrossFireX, USB 3.1, ATX
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
To claim your cashback and for t&c's, go to: asuspromotions.com/asuscashback.
Offer available from the 14/12/2015 to 10/01/2016 only.
Powerful TUF X99 motherboard compatible with all NVM Express storage options with built-in USB 3.1 for extreme toughness.
Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!: Patent Pending OC Socket
Designed to break performance barriers, ASUS OC Socket utilizes extra pins to connect a proprietary circuit to contacts found on Haswell-E's land grid array (LGA). Combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking, extending all the way to extreme overclocking conditions, such as Liquid Nitrogen (LN2). OC Socket is 100% compatible with new Haswell-E LGA 2011-v3 CPUs, ensuring the ideal combination of overclocking performance and compatibility.
Unique Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
Cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 Memory Controllers, System Agent and the shared L3 Cache. It is a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. Higher Cache Bus frequency directly gives faster total sub-system performance. ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
Make Your Memory Go Faster
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory and it's able to drive memory frequencies to 3200MHz (and beyond when overclocked)! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels, it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
TUF Detective: System Information At Your Fingertips
A free companion app puts detailed system information and a user-friendly interface at your fingertips– right on your smartphone or tablet . Just download the intuitive app and you're able to monitor key parameters, detect and diagnose errors and control your PC's power status with touchscreen ease. Your PC doesn't even need to be switched on for you to make use of the app!
Thermal Armor: Total Airflow-Boosting Heat Dissipation
More than just a cool military-styled cover, TUF Thermal Armor employs the fan to provide boosted airflow for rapid cooling. The special heat pipes accelerate dissipation from critical components and make sure temperatures stay low across the board. SABERTOOTH X99 Thermal Armor can reduce the temperature by up to 10°C!
Thermal Radar 2: Customised Fan Tuning, Complete System Cooling
SABERTOOTH X99 Thermal Radar 2 now has up to 11 fan connectors to let you control fans as many as you want. Moreover, Multiple onboard sensors and the bundled thermistor cable let you monitor graphics card temperatures and other key components in real time, so you can adjust manually or optimize automatically with one click.
TUF ICe: The Total Cooling Commander
With the TUF ICe Cool processor, you can be assured that monitoring of onboard temperature sensors and fan speeds is always ultra-accurate — whether you're adjusting settings manually or using the automatic one-click optimization.
TUF Fortifier: ImprovesRrigidity and Cooling Behind the Board
SABERTOOTH X99 delivers great strength and cooling via exclusive TUF Fortifier. A reinforced backplate ensures that the motherboard doesn't buckle under the weight of heavy graphics cards and CPU coolers, minimizing the risk of damaged circuitry from bowing and bending.
TUF Fortifier also includes a thermal pad that efficiently directs heat away from the VRM and other components — an innovation that reduces operating temperatures by up to 6°C!
TUF Components: Certified for Tough Duty
• TUF MOSFETs: military-grade certified MOSFETs with lower RDS(on)*
• TUF Chokes: 13.6% Cooler for extra-unbeatable durability
• 10K Ti-Caps: +20% temp. tolerance and 5X longer lifetime usage.
Dust Defenders: Repel the Dust, Expand the Lifespan
TUF design protects back I/O ports, expansion and memory slots plus critical connectors from dust and particles that degrade system performance over time if left unchecked. With a filter to ensure the back I/O fan doesn't draw dust into the board, Dust Defenders guards against dust build up, helping your PC perform in an optimal and stable state longer.
TUF ESD Guards 2: 2X Stronger ESD protection for extended component lifespan
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can happen suddenly, and its damaging effects are easily underestimated. TUF ESD Guards 2 technology is tested to standards that are 2X higher than industry standards and exclusive pin-level on specific rear IO connectors* testing is 30% higher than previous TUF standard, ensuring electrostatic discharges are properly grounded from all onboard connectivity — and that means greater component longevity.
• Audio connectors: Capacitor protection on both front and back audio-output circuits
• LAN port: ESD TVS diode protection on the LAN circuit bolstered by an anti-surge LAN connector that increases protection against extreme events, such as lightning strikes.
• USB 3.1/3.0 connectors: On-circuit transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diodes and capacitor protection for surface-mount and dual-inline packages.
10Gb/s USB 3.1 Built in to the Board
With the latest USB 3.1 connectivity built in and dual Type-A ports for the very fastest USB data transfers, you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s — or twice as fast USB 3.0. The next-generation standard is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
Evolve Your Storage Speed with SATA Express
Speed Up with Onboard M.2 up to 32Gb/s
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge – by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
Media-Acclaimed the Most Intuitive UEFI BIOS
The smoothest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS is with improvements to both EZ and Advanced Modes. It benefits both the novice builder as well as the seasoned overclocker.
• Fan Profile: Detailed CPU & Chassis fan controls for instant cooling.
• SATA Information: Displays each SATA port details for you to easily recognize devices.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Easily change the time and date in EZ Mode using the mouse
• Shortcut: Customize your own shortcut log by pressing F4 or right clicking to create shortcuts to frequently-used settings.
• Quick Notes: Type remarks and ideas in the BIOS. Save time and convenient.
• Last Modified Log: Easily track settings and save preferred profile into a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
TUF Audio Design
TUF Audio Design makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen, chatting, watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding, professional engineered design and premium components result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity.
• Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and qreatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
• Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
• Audio amplifier: Enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers.
• Special layout design: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
Intel CPU and chipset features
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 Ready
This motherboard supports Intel® Core™ i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel (8 DIMM) DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel® X99 Express Chipset
The Intel® X99 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA2011-v3 Intel® Core™ i7 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides a maximum 6 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA 6Gbit/s ports for faster data retrieval. Features • Ultra-fast 10Gb/s USB 3.1 built in to the board
• Patent Pending OC Socket – Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
• TUF Detective – system information at your fingertips
• Thermal Armor - Total airflow-boosting heat dissipation
• TUF Fortifier - Damage Protection and Improved Cooling
• Thermal Radar 2 - Customized Fan Tuning, Complete System Cooling
• TUF Components [TUF 10K Ti-Caps, TUF Chokes & MOSFETs; Certified by Military-standard]
Expansion Slot Configuration:
• 40-Lane CPU:
- 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x16/x16, x16/x16/x8) *1
• 28-Lane CPU:
- 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 ( x16, x16/x8, x16/x8/x4) *1
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x4 (x2 mode)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 60 months
- Asus / Scan
- 01204 474747
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
New processors usually grab all the release limelight, relegating the supporting core logic and memory to mere footnotes. This time, a brand-new chipset and DDR4 memory are equal partners in the platform.
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
Intel's X99 is a long-overdue platform upgrade for the high-end consumer market. Despite delivering an incremental CPU upgrade from Sandy Bridge-E to Ivy Bridge-E, Intel determined the supporting X79 motherboard needed no such upgrade.