ASUS ROG STRIX AMD Ryzen X470-F GAMING AM4 ATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING, AMD X470, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, GbE, USB3.1 G2 A+C, ATX
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£184.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£192.59|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£184.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£199.28|
Purchase Rate: 17.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 17.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
By DPD On 21st Jan 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
AMD X470 ATX Gaming motherboard with M.2 heatsink, Aura Sync RGB LED lighting, DDR4 3600MHz support, dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, and USB 3.1 Gen 2.
ROG Strix X470-FROG Strix X470-F Gaming is the perfect fusion of performance and panache. It's an ATX motherboard packed with easy-to-use tuning tech and understated aesthetics for those who demand great gaming experiences and refined style. Strix X470-F Gaming keeps the pedal down on performance, and its rich customization options let you push your rig from subtle to standout in seconds.
• Pre-Mounted I/O: ROG's patent-pending I/O shield is finished in sleek matte black, and it's pre-mounted to make it easy to install the motherboard.
• High-Quality Solid Capacitors: High-quality capacitors withstand extreme temperatures of -55? to 105? — a range that's 110% better than the industry standard.
• SafeSlot: ASUS SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented. Featuring a new single-step, insert-moulding manufacturing process that integrates fortifying metal and additional solder points, SafeSlot provides stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
• Q-LEDs: On-board LEDs indicate power status as well as potential problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card, or boot device.
• Overcurrent Protection: On-board resettable fuses protect all connection ports and DRAM modules against overcurrent and short-circuit damage, extending the lifespan of your motherboard.
• Digi+ VRM: The integrated Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring smooth power delivery to the CPU.
Up your aesthetic horizons with a new cyber-text design and Aura illumination — to create a personalized gaming with immersion that extends from the inside out.
The distinctive sleek cuts across the ROG Strix heatsink are now accented with a futuristic cyber-text pattern, fusing multiple gaming cultures to create a unique identity for this generation. But it's not all about arresting looks: the all-new ROG Strix motherboards exude material excellence, with a high-quality metal heatsink that adds a satisfying premium touch.
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
The patent-pending ROG pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of up to 12kV and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. Its sleek new design makes it look as good as it performs.
Outshine the Competition
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to Outshine the Competition. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the on-board RGB header — and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
*The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m. **RGB extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
• Colour Cycle.
• Flash and Dash.
• Glowing Yo-Yo.
• Starry Night.
• Music Effect.
Aura Sync X Philips Hue
Strix X470-F Gaming takes ASUS Aura into the home, with the all-new ability to synchronize effects with Philips® Hue* personal wireless lighting. Now you can control Hue light bulbs, strips and lamps from the intuitive Aura app. Create immersive illumination that extends beyond your rig — make the whole room part of your gaming experience.
The ASUS Aura ecosystem is in the ascendancy, with an extensive and growing list of ASUS products now offering Aura Sync compatibility — along with loads of compatible accessories and kits available through partners. Your ROG Strix motherboard's built-in Aura RGB lighting can be easily synced with PC cases, memory modules, coolers and RGB LED strips from a broad selection of well-known manufacturers. Moreover, they can all be easily managed via the intuitive ASUS Aura software.
Experience great performance through comprehensive cooling controls, fast storage, and exclusive technologies that enhance memory reliability and speed.
Improved DDR4 Stability
Tuned to take full advantage of Ryzen's capabilities, and ready for the latest memory kits, ROG Strix X470 Series motherboards are built specifically for high-performance gaming rigs. Intelligent firmware delivers the plug-and-play experience that first-time DIYers demand and the essential tuning options that performance-addicts need. Maximize frame rates with a high-bandwidth memory kit, or leverage a host of tuning options to extract peak performance potential from a modest setup. Load up any way you want, and get into the game with Strix X470 Series motherboards.
RAMCache II turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
One-Click Overclocking and Cooling
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart by dynamically optimizing essential aspects of your system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
• An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet during everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU- or GPU-intensive tasks.
• An all-new stress test allows users to optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
TPU: CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your PC's full performance potential with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, offering the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking.
EPU: All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
ROG Strix X470-F Gaming gives you comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all.
DIGI+: Precise Digital Power Control
ROG's Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo Core APP: Optimize Per-Core Performance for Every App
AMD's latest processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo Core app makes use of this feature by letting you assign applications to specific processor cores, prioritizing computing power where it's needed most.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your Ryzen-based rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Designed for easy setup, the EZ Mode presents all the vital settings and stats on a single page. With guided wizards, drag and drop capability that takes the hassle out of complex tasks, and one-click convenience to apply important settings, your rig will be up and running in no time.
When you're ready to take a deeper dive into the configuration of your gaming rig, Advanced Mode grants total control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the option you need. Tweak cooling parameters, save profiles, apply overclocks, and unleash the full potential of your Ryzen-based gaming rig.
Cooler by Design
ROG Strix X470-F Gaming features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
• Multiple Temperature Sources Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload-based cooling. In addition, all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
• Water Pump+ A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans. *W_PUMP+ and AIO PUMP are also PWM/DC controllable.
• Smart Protection A dedicated circuit protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
• AIO Pump A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
Dual M.2 with Perfected Cooling
ROG Strix X470-F is equipped with a stylish, angular M.2 heatsink that keeps your SSD cool. By efficiently dissipating heat away from the M.2 area, Strix X470-F minimizes the possibility of performance-sapping throttling, which can occur when drives become too warm.
Built-in gaming audio means you're ready to play, chat, stream or kick back with videos — right out of the gate. And included smart routing technology allows you to direct various audio streams to different devices.
Sonic Studio III: Intuitive Audio-Tuning Suite
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
• App-Specific Profiles: Apply customized audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
• Surround Sound: Surround sound for a truly immersive audio experience.
• Sonic Studio Link: New Sonic Studio Link VR functionality extends its HRTF effects to headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process sound true to life.
• Gaming: In-game sound effects and music are adjusted automatically to increase the feeling of immersion, so audio pulls you further into the game.
• Movie: The Voice Clarity and Smart Volume sliders are set high to emphasize dialog, so you'll hear the softest whispers and experience minimum distortion at maximum volume.
• Music: Voice Clarity, Bass Boost and Treble Boost are carefully balanced so your music-listening experience feels like a live performance.
• Communication: Soft sounds are accentuated by Smart Volume for enhanced listening, while Voice Clarity boosts speech for crystal-clear conversations.
• Virtual Reality: Sonic Studio Link applies Sonic Studio III effects to your VR headset, boosting immersion in virtual worlds.
• Multitasking: Easy-to-use routing assigns different audio streams to different outputs, such as browser effects to headphones and game audio to speakers.
Sonic Radar III: Scan and Detect to Dominate
The new Sonic Radar III has an evolved audio engine to process sounds more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. It now also includes an on-screen arrow — to help you instantly pinpoint the enemy's position! See the origin of key in-game sounds and hone your enemy-pinpointing skills. Plus, the new Audio Boost feature provides filters that let you hear even the faintest sounds, so you can become the hunter, not the hunted!
• Improved Audio Algorithm: The new Sonic Radar III audio algorithm offers improved accuracy that helps you pinpoint the enemy.
• 3D Engine: Sonic Radar III is built around an all-new HUD, and it includes an in-game 3D arrow for a more intuitive experience.
• Audio Boost: Hit hotkeys to briefly increase bass, midrange or treble frequencies to improve focus during different parts of your game.
• Audio Radar: A visual cue to ensure Sonic Radar III is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
SupremeFX: Shielded Audio, Superior Sound
Immerse yourself in sound with ROG Strix's SupremeFX audio technology. Utilizing the S1220A codec, SupremeFX is the integrated-audio solution that's engineered to provide a flat frequency response for a neutral, detailed sound signature. The addition of two op amps on the front-panel headphone output ensures adequate voltage and current to drive headphones to their full potential.
• Audio Cover: Effective shielding against electromagnetic interference preserves the integrity of audio signals for the best quality.
• Audio-Line Shielding: Intelligent shielding blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
• Dual Op Amplifiers: Two on-board op amps pump exceptional audio to your favourite cans, with 32-600O headphone impedance.
• Premium Nichicon™ Audio Capacitors: High-quality Japanese-made components produce warm, natural audio with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
ROG Strix: Gives You More
Design, build, tweak and show off your style — with ROG Strix behind you every step of the way.
GameFirst IV: Team Up to Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming. New Multi-Gate Teaming brings together all your networks to create gargantuan bandwidth and smoothest-ever gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for best performance.
Overwolf: Stay in the Game
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that lets you browse the internet, email, IM, and stream or record gameplay – all while you're in the game. Colour-matched ROG skins that display your status as a member of an elite pack are also available for download from the Overwolf App Store.
• In-Game Dock: 5 customizable apps.
• In-Game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
• Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
Beyond VR Ready
ROG Strix X470-F isn't just VR ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that Strix X470-F has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power of AMD
AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics / Ryzen™ 1st Generation / 7th Generation A Series / Athlon X4 Processors
The high-performance Ryzen processor supports up to eight cores, and is based on the innovative Zen core architecture. The 7th Generation A Series APUs feature integrated AMD Radeon R Series graphics. AMD AM4-socket processors feature dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 and 16 PCI Express® 3.0/2.0 lanes for superb performance.
AMD X470 Chipset
The AMD X470 chipset delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities for the latest AMD AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A Series APUs and Athlon™ CPUs. It is optimized for multiple GPU configurations including NVDIA SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™. It also provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports and six 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval. Features • AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ processors.
• Synchronized RGB Lighting Technology works with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync-capable PC gear and includes support for addressable light strips and Phillip Hue.
• On-Board M.2 Heatsink provides cooling for the M.2 drive, delivering consistent storage performance and enhanced reliability.
• Gaming Connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGaurd, dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2.
• 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
• Gaming Audio: SupremeFX S1220A teams with Sonic Studio III to create an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
• Gamer’s Guardian: Pre-Mounted I/O Shield, ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum endurance.
|Edition||ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING|
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Dual (2)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||64GB (4x16GB)|
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX 8-Ch. HD Audio S1220A|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|NVIDIA SLI Support||2-Way SLi|
|AMD CrossFire Support||3-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||Wired Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000)|
|Network Chip/Modules||1 x Intel® I211AT (Gigabit LAN)|
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Board Dimensions||305 x 244 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 01442 265548