ASUS Intel Core-X RAMPAGE VI EXTREME X299 EATX Motherboard
Intel X299 EATX Gaming Motherboard with Aura Sync RGB LEDs, Triple M.2, DDR4 4200MHz, 10G LAN, 802.11ad Wi-Fi, U.2 and USB 3.1
Cutting-edge specifications, intelligent cooling, and carefully crafted aesthetics: The Rampage VI Extreme artfully tames Intel's X299 platform to deliver beastly performance and redefines what it takes to be a flagship motherboard.
Outshine The Competition
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the on-board RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
Aura Lighting Effects:
• Color cycle.
• Flash & dash.
• Glowing Yo Yo.
• Starry night.
• Music effect.
• CPU temperature.
RGB Headers: RGB Lighting Perfected
Rampage VI Extreme features a duo of on-board 5050 RGB headers and an addressable header that can be connected to compatible lighting strips, fans, coolers, and PC cases, creating a new world of illumination possibilities.
*The addressable RGB header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a max power rating of 3A (5V) and a max of 60 LEDs. *The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m. **RGB and addressable RGB LED extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
Aura Lighting Control
ASUS Aura has evolved and is friendlier than ever. Aura now supports RGB colour codes, for easier setup. You can also customise temperature thresholds to choose how CPU and GPU temps are expressed via RGB lighting
Infinite Lighting Possibilities
ASUS Aura SDK allows developers to take full advantage of the vast eco-system of Aura Sync-capable PC gear. From in-system illumination to peripherals and beyond, the SDK provides an evolving toolkit of options to enhance games and software with RGB lighting. Game effects, alerts, and audio can all be portrayed via Aura-compatible hardware, creating subtle or dazzling visual cues to augment the action. There's also scope to map system parameters such as temperatures to lighting, giving enthusiasts new ways to monitor vital information.
Rampage VI Extreme motherboards are now equipped with all-new LiveDash — a built-in OLED panel that displays useful information and customisable graphics. During the power-on, self-test (POST) phase, LiveDash shows key progress stats, in simple language and via traditional POST codes. Then, during normal operation, the vibrant panel shows a choice of CPU frequency, device temperatures, fan speeds or information from the Water Cooling Zone. You're also able to customise the default LiveDash GIF, so it'll display your own image or animation.
802.11ad Wi-Fi: Fastest On-Board Wi-Fi — Up to 4.6 Gbps
Rampage VI Extreme is engineered with the very latest 802.11ad (WiGig) Wi-Fi* for ultrafast, lag–free wireless connections of up to 4.6Gbps**, delivering smooth streaming of 4K UHD video and faster, slicker online experiences.
10G On-Board LAN: Avoid Bottlenecks with 10x Faster Ethernet
Designed for the demanding requirements of power users and content creators who push the envelope, 10Gbps on-board LAN plugs you into a new era of home networking. With up to 10X the bandwidth of standard gigabit Ethernet, you'll enjoy streaming uncompressed 4K UHD videos, and backups and file transfers that are faster than ever before. And there's also support for intermediate 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps connectivity, allowing you to step up to faster networks for maximum flexibility. Choose the bandwidth that meets your needs and enjoy ultra-low latency at any speed.
*Minimum Category 6 network cables required for 10Gbps operation. Category 5e cables support up to 5Gbps.
Intel Ethernet: Lower CPU Workload, High TCP & UDP Throughput
Featuring the latest Intel® Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel Ethernet controllers have a natural synergy with their processors and chipsets, reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for games and other tasks.
LANGuard: Pump-Up Throughput, Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your Rampage VI Extreme's connection and deliver pumped-up throughput, plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9x-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5x-greater protection (up to 15KV) against surges!
• 1.9X Higher Static-Electricity Tolerance.
• 2.5X-Greater Surge Tolerance.
GameFirst IV: Team Up to Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimises network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team all your networks for gargantuan bandwidth and the smoothest-ever gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimised for the best performance.
The Rampage VI Extreme has provision for three M.2 drives to make the most of Intel's IRST and VROC options. Two ride our DIMM.2 module next to the memory slots, while one slots under the ROG Armour. A VROC array can be configured by pairing the DIMM.2 slots, and IRST RAID can be configured by pairing one DIMM.2 slot with the on-board M.2 slot.
ROG DIMM.2 module is an innovative expansion card that allows two M.2 drives to be connected via a DDR4 interface. You can then add a fan via the bundled mounting bracket to direct cool air over the M.2 drives, helping to control thermals and ensure maximum performance.
*DIMM.2 accommodates M.2 drives up to 22110 (110mm) in length.
VROC: Upgrade Your RAID
Unleash the Rampage VI Extreme Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) with the addition of an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card*, which allows you to attach up to four PCIe® 3.0 x16 M.2 drives — for a total bandwidth of up to 128Gbps. PCH-based RAID arrays are bottlenecked by the 32Gbps limit of the DMI bus. VROC obliterates that limit by allowing you to utilise CPU PCIe lanes to configure a bootable RAID array that can transfer data at insane speeds.
*ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card, not included, sold separately.
Join The NVMe Revolution
The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Just attach your chosen drive to with plug-and-play ease to experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card!
Intel Optane Memory Ready
Intel Optane™ is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by Rampage VI Extreme. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
Best Gaming Performance
5-Way Optimisation: One-Click Overclock and Cooling, Done!
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimisation makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimises essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
• An automated tuning utility that optimises overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
• All-new stress test that allows users to optimise and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your PC's full performance with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. A TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, offering the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimises power consumption and maximises savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
With Rampage VI Extreme you have comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Precise Digital Power Control
Digi+ delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power -efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Optimise Per-Core Performance for Every App
Intel's latest processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo Core app makes use of this feature by enabling you to assign applications to specific processor cores, allowing you to prioritise compute power where it's needed most.
Cooler by Design
Rampage VI Extreme features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS:
Multiple Temperature Sources
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
4-pin PWM/DC Fan
Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans. *W_PUMP+ and AIO PUMP are also PWM/DC controllable.
Bundled Fan Extension Card
Includes three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop.
Water Block Sensor
A special connector that lets water blocks designed for the Rampage VI Extreme provide flow, temp and leakage data.
DDR4 Overclocking Strength in Numbers: DDR4 OC 4200MHz+
With optimised trace paths for time-aligned signalling and minimal crosstalk, Third-generation ASUS T-Topology offers enhanced memory stability and compatibility, allowing support for memory speeds of DDR4-4200 MHz and beyond.
OC Design: Asus Pro Clock II Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from Intel® Core™ X-series processors.
Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock:
• Reduced boot time.
• Lower jitter under extreme conditions for higher overclocks.
• Increased stability under heavy overclocking.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Tuning Wizard: OC and RAID. Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
• GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track the latest changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Best Gaming Audio
ROG has elevated on-board audio once again on the flagship Rampage VI Extreme. The front panel headphone output features a SABRE9018Q2C integrated DAC/AMP capable of reaching -115dB THD+N to provide playback that conveys all the subtlety and nuances of the audio track. The improved resolution derived from the ESS Hyperstream™ DAC architecture expands the soundstage to give a better sense of positioning. Beyond resolution, the 121dB DNR provides an extremely low noise-floor, further accentuating dynamics and punch. And, when you want to shift priority to musicality, our Sonic Studio software provides an array of EQ options, allowing the sound signature to be tweaked to suit your cans.
• S1220 Codec: 10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1 channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front panel outputs.
• ESS® SABRE9018Q2C DAC/AMP: Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -112dB THD.
• Nichicon CAPs: Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
• LED-Illuminated Audio Jacks: Backlit audio jacks save you from fumbling around in the dark.
• Switching MosFETs: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio now supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
Apply customised audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Surround sound for a truly immersive audio experience
Sonic Studio Link
New Sonic Studio Link VR functionality extends its HRTF effects to headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process sound true to life. **Please note Sonic Studio Link is available only in version 3.6 and later.
Scan and Detect To Dominate: Sonic Radar III
Sonic Radar III is all new – with an evolved audio engine that processes sounds more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
• Improved Audio Algorithm: The new Sonic Radar audio algorithm is now even more accurate to allow enemies to be pinpointed with even more accuracy.
• 3D Engine: Sonic Radar III is built around it's all new HUD with an in-game 3 dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
• Audio Boost: The new audio boost feature now allows the boosted audio to be heard directly. *HUD: Head Up Display.
• Audio Radar: Sonic Radar 3 is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
DIY Friendly Design
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
ROG's patent-pending I/O shield is capable of withstanding electrostatic discharge up to 12kV, and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. Its sleek new design looks as good as it performs.
Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
Rampage VI Extreme bundles a VGA holder that eliminates ugly and potentially damaging graphics card sag. ROG VGA holder is crafted from a single piece of strong sheet metal and is capable of supporting up to 15 kg of weight, providing serious support for even the heaviest graphics card.
SafeSlot* is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-moulding process, SafeSlot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points. *Patent pending SafeSlot.
• Q-Connector: 1 piece sorts all front-panel cables.
• DRAM Over-Current Protection: 1 additional resettable fuse protects connection ports and DRAM against overcurrent and short-circuit damage.
• Multi-Coloured Q-LED: On-board LEDs indicate power status and potential problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device, for quick diagnosis.
• TrueVolt USB: 2 dedicated USB power supplies rock-steady 5V to all USB ports, minimising power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
• Q-Slot: 1 clip to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Q-DIMM: 1 sided clips for super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
ROG Gives You More
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay features colour-matched ROG skins that show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from the Overwolf Appstore!
• In-Game Dock: 5 customisable apps.
• In-Game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
• Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
ROG Clone Drive
ROG Clone Drive is the smart, convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. Clone Drive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time, or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
ROG's uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Automatically caches all your storage devices at the same time for optimal use of your system‘s caching resources.
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and also intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard; switch profiles in moments; enable special functions with hotkeys from F1 to F10; or start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
• AI Suite 3: One-stop control panel.
• ROG Theme CPU-Z: Shows your important system information with pride.
• Mem TweakIt: Dynamic timing monitoring, DRAM efficiency gauge.
• RAMDisk: Boost your favourite applications up to 20X faster than SSD with the junction function.
• Kaspersky® Anti-Virus (1-Year): The best protection from viruses and spyware.
• DAEMON Tools Software: The leading tool for optical and virtual discs.
• PC Cleaner: Accelerate your PC by eliminating clogs with simple click.
Beyond VR Ready
Rampage VI Extreme isn't just VR ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that Rampage VI Extreme has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence
The Power of Intel
Intel® Core™ X-Series Processors for LGA 2066 Socket
Intel Core X-series processors (6-core and above): 4-channel (8-DIMM), 44/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel X299 Chipset
The Intel X299 chipset supports LGA 2066-socket Intel Core X-series processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X299 provides a maximum 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 8 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval. Features • Intel® Core™ X Series Processor Family: Ready for the latest LGA 2066 socket CPUs.
• Quad-Channel DDR4 4200 (OC) Support.
• Superfast 10Gbps Networking: For up to 10X-faster data-transfer speeds, plus 802.11ad Wi-Fi support.
• Synchronise RGB Lighting: Sync your lighting with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync capable PC gear – now with support for addressable light strips.
• ROG DIMM.2: Dual M.2 expansion card allows use of fans to prevent throttling.
• 5-Way Optimisation: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
• LiveDash OLED: Customisable panel displays vital system stats or your own logo.
• Gaming Audio: SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III: High fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action.
• Best Gaming Protection: SafeSlot, and carefully-selected premium components for maximum durability.
Important: Please note that this ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME Motherboard is only compatible with Skylake-X CPUs with 6 or more Cores. It WILL NOT work with Quad Core Kaby Lake-X CPUs.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||128GB (8x16GB)|
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX 8-Ch. HD Audio S1220|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||4-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||4-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548
Date Issued: 22nd Jun 2017
These are exciting times to be in the market for a new CPU. AMD is back in the game with its competitive Ryzen processors, while Intel has upped the ante in the enthusiast space with a refresh of its High-end Desktop (HEDT).