ASUS Intel Z370 ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA Watercooled ATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA, Intel Z370, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, GbE/WiFi, USB 3.1, ATX
By DPD On 3rd Jul
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Drawing from a heritage that spans more than a decade, the latest incarnation of the Maximus series augments Intel's Z370 chipset with all the enhancements that enthusiasts crave. Each model sports a unique blend of features to cater to a distinct audience, yet the core ROG DNA ripples through the entire lineup. From overclocking and cooling options to satiate die-hard fanatics, to clean, refined aesthetics that are tastefully accented by RGB lighting, Maximus X-series motherboards bring the octane to your build.
Expertly Tooled Totally Cooled
CrossChill EK II lets you cool with air or water, no fan required! Redesigned cooling fins deliver up to 35°C-lower MOSFET temperatures on water, and the standard G1/4" threaded fittings mean CrossChill EK II easily fits existing setups — so you you'll benefit from efficient, quiet cooling with the minimum of effort!
ROG Maximus X Formula is equipped with an M.2 heatsink integrated into the PCH heatsink. With a huge cooling surface, the heatsink perfectly chills an inserted M.2 SSD — for maximum performance and reliability. Featuring a stylish angular design replete with an awesome glowing ROG eye logo, the heatsink adds a beautiful touch to the build, while the T-sensor allows you to connect a thermal probe and monitor M.2 drive temperatures in real time.
Cooler By Design
ROG Maximus X Formula features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS:
• Multiple temperature sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
• Water pump+: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• 4-pin PWM/DC fan: Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
• Fan Extension Header: Allows expansion of three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
• Smart protection: A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
• Water in/out: Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
• Water flow: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop.
• AIO pump: A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
Maximus X Formula is equipped with LiveDash, a built-in 1.3" OLED panel that displays useful information and customisable graphics. During the power-on, self-test (POST) phase, LiveDash shows key progress stats in simple language and via traditional POST codes. Then, during normal operation, the panel shows a choice of CPU frequency, device temperatures, fan speeds or information from the Water Cooling Zone. You're even able to customise the default LiveDash GIF, so that it'll display your own image or animation.
ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
RGB Lighting Perfected
Maximus X Formula features a pair of onboard 5050 RGB headers and a pair of addressable headers that can be connected to compatible lighting strips, fans, coolers, and PC cases, creating a new world of illumination possibilities.
The addressable RGB header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a max power rating of 3A (5V) and a max of 60 LEDs.*The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m.*RGB and addressable RGB LED extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separatel
2X2 802.11 AC WIFI with MU-MIMO
ROG Maximus X Formula is engineered with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867Mbps* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology** to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!* Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality.
** Requires MU-MIMO-ready client.
Featuring the latest Intel® Ethernet(I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel Ethernet controllers have a natural synergy with their CPUs and chipsets, reducing processor overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for games and other tasks.
Dual PCIE GEN3 M.2
ROG Maximus X Formula supports two M.2 drives, delivering lightning-fast transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps. The first slot sits neatly below the PCH heatsink, and accommodates M.2 drives of up to 110mm in length (type 22110). The second slot is placed at the lower edge of the board and is oriented for vertical mounting, taking advantage of chassis airflow to help keep your high-performance M.2 drive cool.
DDR4 OC 4133MHZ+
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing memory traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements lead to more headroom for overclocking and improved stability, allowing memory speeds of DDR4-4133 and beyond with all slots populated.
OC Design- ASUS PRO CLOCK II Technology
OC DESIGN- ASUS PRO CLOCK II TECHNOLOGYA dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from 8th Generation Intel® processors.
One-Click Overclock and Cooling, Done!
One click is all you need to take care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimisation makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimises essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
• An automated tuning utility that optimises overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
• All-new stress test that allows users to optimise and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection — and that means our best-ever recording quality. We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analogue converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion — which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
• S1220 Codec: 10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1 channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front panel outputs.
• ESS SABRE9023P DAC: Creates perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -112dB THD.
• Nichicon Caps: Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
• Gold-plated Audio Jacks: Prevents oxidisation to ensure a reliable connection.
• Switching Mosfets: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
• App-Specific Profiles: Apply customised audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
• Sonic Studio Link: New Sonic Studio Link VR functionality extends its HRTF effects to headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
• Surround Sound: Surround sound for a truly immersive audio experience.
Sonic Radar III
Sonic Radar III features an evolved audio engine that processes sounds more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
• Improved Audio Algorithm: The new Sonic Radar audio algorithm is now even more accurate to allow enemies to be pinpointed with even more accuracy.
• 3D Engine: Sonic Radar III is built around it's all new HUD with an in-game 3 dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
• Audio Boost: The new audio boost feature now allows the boosted audio to be heard directly.*HUD: Head Up Display
• Audio Radar: Sonic Radar 3 is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
•Strong Abs Top Cover: A tough, thermoplastic top-plate helps to keep your build neat and tidy , and adds style that's both unique and understated.
• Solid Steel Backplate: The steel, electro-galvanised, cold-rolled coil construction strengthens Maximus X Formula to prevent bending, and is finished in motherboard-matching black.
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
ROG's patent-pending pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of up to 12kV and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. Its sleek new design that makes it look as good as it performs.
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay features colour-matched ROG skins that show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from the Overwolf Appstore!
Intel® Z370 chipset
The Intel® Z370 chipset supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the Z370 provides a maximum of 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, six SATA 6Gbps ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z370 also supports integrated-graphics, so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for 8th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core processors
This motherboard supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors in the LGA1151 package, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
• CrossChill EK II and Water Cooling Zone: Keep your system cool when the action heats up.
• Leading Personalisation: On-board LiveDash OLED and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including headers for both standard and addressable RGB strips.
• SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III.
• 5-Way Optimisation: ASUS 5-Way Optimisation handles all the complex settings to drive performance further.
• All The Connectivity You Need: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, front-panel USB 3.1 and dual M.2.
• Best Gaming Durability: ROG RGB Armour, pre-mounted I/O shield and premium components throughout.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548