ASUS Intel Z370 ROG MAXIMUS X CODE ATX Gaming Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Intel Z370, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, GbE/WiFi, USB3.1 A+C, ATX
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Drawing from a heritage that spans more than a decade, the latest incarnation of the Maximus series augments Intel's Z370 chipset with all the enhancements that enthusiasts crave. Each model sports a unique blend of features to cater to a distinct audience, yet the core ROG DNA ripples through the entire lineup. From overclocking and cooling options to satiate die-hard fanatics, to clean, refined aesthetics that are tastefully accented by RGB lighting, Maximus X-series motherboards bring the octane to your build.
ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional pre-sets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the on-board RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
• Static: Always on.
• Breathing: Fades in and out.
• Strobing: Flashes on and off.
• Colour Cycle: Fades between the colours of the rainbow.
• Music Effect: Pulses to the beat of your music.
• Smart: Changes colour with CPU load.
• Rainbow: A rolling multi-colour glow.
• Comet: A stream of light with a tail.
• Flash & Dash: Single-colour stepped flashes.
• Wave: An undulating display in single or multi-colour.
• Glowing Yo Yo: A rebounding elastic beam.
• Starry Night: A display that mimics the night-time sky.
RGB Lighting Perfected
Maximus X Code features a pair of on-board 5050 RGB headers and a pair of addressable headers that can be connected to compatible lighting strips, fans, coolers, and PC cases, creating a new world of illumination possibilities.
*The addressable RGB header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a max power rating of 3A (5V) and a max of 60 LEDs. *The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m. *RGB and addressable RGB LED extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
Aura Lighting Control
• ASUS Aura has evolved and is friendlier than ever:
• Aura now supports RGB colour codes, for easier setup.
• You can also customise temperature thresholds to choose how CPU and GPU temps are expressed via RGB lighting.
Infinite Lighting Possibilities
ASUS Aura SDK allows developers to take full advantage of the vast eco-system of Aura Sync-capable PC gear. From in-system illumination to peripherals and beyond, the SDK provides an evolving toolkit of options to enhance games and software with RGB lighting. Game effects, alerts, and audio can all be portrayed via Aura-compatible hardware, creating subtle or dazzling visual cues to augment the action. There's also scope to map system parameters such as temperatures to lighting, giving enthusiasts new ways to monitor vital information.
ROG Maximus X Code is equipped with a stylish, angular M.2 heatsink that keeps your SSD cool. By efficiently dissipating heat away from the M.2 area, ROG Maximus X Code minimises the possibility of the performance-sapping throttling that can happen when drives become too warm. The heatsink's angular design adds an eye-catching touch to any build, while the T-sensor detects temperatures in the vital M.2 area for instant monitoring.
Cooler by Design
ROG Maximus X Code features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS:
• Multiple Temperature Sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
• Water Pump+: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• 4-pin PWM/DC Fan: Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans. *W_PUMP+ and AIO PUMP are also PWM/DC controllable.
• Fan Extension Header: Allows expansion of three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
• Smart Protection: A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
• Water In/Out: Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
• Water Flow: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop.
• AIO Pump: A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
All The Connectivity You Need
2x2 802.11 AC WiFi with MU-MIMO
ROG Maximus X Code is engineered with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867Mbps* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology** to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
*Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality. **Requires MU-MIMO-ready client.
Featuring the latest Intel® Ethernet(I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel Ethernet controllers have a natural synergy with their CPUs and chipsets, reducing processor overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for games and other tasks.
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput. Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your ROG Maximus X Code motherboard's Ethernet connection, plus ESD Guards — our electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components that have 1.9X-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5X-greater protection (up to 15kV) against surges!
GameFirst IV: Team Up to Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimises network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team up to four networks for maximum bandwidth and smooth gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimised for the best performance.
Dual PCIe Gen3 M.2
ROG Maximus X Code supports two M.2 drives, delivering lightning-fast transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps. The first slot sits neatly below the PCH heatsink, and accommodates M.2 drives of up to 110mm in length (type 22110). The second slot is placed at the lower edge of the board and is oriented for vertical mounting, taking advantage of chassis airflow to help keep your high-performance M.2 drive cool.
Best Gaming Performance
DDR4 Overclocking: Strength in Numbers
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing memory traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology layout ensures time-aligned signalling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements lead to more headroom for overclocking and improved stability, allowing memory speeds of DDR4-4133 and beyond with all slots populated.
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from 8th Generation Intel® processors.
5-Way Optimisation: One-Click Overclock and Cooling, Done!
One click is all you need to take care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimisation makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimises essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
• An automated tuning utility that optimises overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
• All-new stress test that allows users to optimise and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
TPU: CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your PC's full performance with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. A TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, offering the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
EPU: All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimises power consumption and maximises savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
With Maximus X Code you have comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digi+ Power: Precise Digital Power Control
ROG's Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo Core App: Optimise Per-Core Performance for Every App
Intel's latest processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo Core app makes use of this feature by enabling you to assign applications to specific processor cores, allowing you to prioritise compute power where it's needed most.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Tuning Wizard: OC and RAID. Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
• GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track the latest changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Best Gaming Audio
ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection — and that means our best-ever recording quality. We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analogue converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion — which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
• S1220 Codec: 10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1 channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front panel outputs
• ESS® SABRE9023P DAC: Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -112dB THD
• Nichicon CAPs: Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
• Gold-Plated Audio Jacks: Prevents oxidisation to ensure a reliable connection
• Switching MOSFETs: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
• App-Specific Profiles: Apply customised audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
• Surround Sound: Surround sound for a truly immersive audio experience
• Sonic Studio Link: New Sonic Studio Link VR functionality extends its HRTF effects to headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Sonic Radar III: Scan and Detect to Dominate!
Sonic Radar III features an evolved audio engine that processes sound more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
• Improved Audio Algorithm: The new Sonic Radar audio algorithm is now even more accurate to allow enemies to be pinpointed with even more accuracy.
• 3D Engine: Sonic Radar III is built around it's all new HUD with an in-game 3 dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience. *HUD: Head Up Display.
• Audio Boost: The new audio boost feature now allows the boosted audio to be heard directly.
• Audio Radar: Sonic Radar 3 is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
DIY Friendly Design
ROG Armour: Strong ABS Top Cover
A tough, thermoplastic top-plate helps to keep your build neat and tidy, and adds style that's both unique and understated.
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
ROG's patent-pending pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of up to 12kV and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. Its sleek new design that makes it look as good as it performs.
• SafeSlot: 2x Slots. Provides stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
• ESD Guards: 2x greater electrostatic protection than standard. ESD Guards cover the USB, audio and LAN ports.
• TrueVolt USB: 2 dedicated supplies provide rock-steady 5V to all USB ports, minimising power fluctuations to ensure a reliable data connection.
• Q-Connector: 1 piece sorts all front-panel cables.
• Q-Slot: 1 clip to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Q-DIMM: 1 sided clips for super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
ROG Gives You More
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay features colour-matched ROG skins that show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from the Overwolf Appstore!
• In-Game Dock: 5 customisable apps.
• In-Game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
• Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
ROG Clone Drive: Clone Your Drive the Smart Way
ROG Clone Drive is the smart, convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. Clone Drive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time, or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
RAMCache: The Cache That Works in A Flash
ROG's uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Automatically caches all your storage devices at the same time for optimal use of your system‘s caching resources.
KeyBot II: The Free Keyboard Upgrade—Upgraded
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and also intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard; switch profiles in moments; enable special functions with hotkeys from F1 to F10; or start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
• AI Suite 3: One-stop control panel.
• ROG Theme CPU-Z: Shows your important system information with pride.
• Mem TweakIt: Dynamic timing monitoring, DRAM efficiency gauge.
• RAMDisk: Boost your favourite applications up to 20X faster than SSD with the junction function.
• Kaspersky® Anti-Virus (1 Year): The best protection from viruses and spyware.
• DAEMON Tools Software: The leading tool for optical and virtual discs.
• PC Cleaner: Accelerate your PC by eliminating clogs with simple click.
Beyond VR Ready
ROG Maximus X Code isn't just VR ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that ROG Maximus X Code has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power of Intel
Intel® Z370 Chipset
The Intel® Z370 chipset supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the Z370 provides a maximum of 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, six SATA 6Gbps ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z370 also supports integrated-graphics, so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for 8th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core Processors
This motherboard supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors in the LGA1151 package, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support on-board graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance. Features • LGA1151 Socket for 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Desktop Processors.
• Leading Personalisation: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including headers for both standard and addressable RGB strips.
• On-Board M.2 Heatsink: Cools your M.2 drive, delivering consistent storage performance and enhanced reliability.
• Gaming Audio: SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III – High fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action.
• All The Connectivity You Need: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard, 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C™ connectors.
• 5-Way Optimisation: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
• Gaming Durability: ROG Armour, pre-mounted I/O shield and premium components throughout.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548