ASUS ROG Z270 MAXIMUS IX EXTREME E-ATX Motherboard with Waterblock
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX EXTREME, Intel Z270, S 1151, DDR4, Monoblock, SATA3, M.2, SLi/CrossFire, GbE/WiFi, USB3.1 A+C, E-ATX
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
For more than a decade, Republic of Gamers has delivered exemplary design and performance to thrill the world's best gamers and enthusiasts. But ours is journey without end. Now, it's time for competitors to be warned: the packed and pumped ROG Maximus IX Extreme is here. Expertly designed by ROG's passionate engineers and an elite cadre of industry partners, Maximus IX Extreme is the gaming motherboard that's tooled to be totally cooled — and primed to perform. It's the solution for gamers and water-cooling enthusiasts who will settle for nothing less than technological perfection!
Best Gaming Water Cooling
Cool To The Extreme
ROG teamed up with the geniuses at Bitspower to develop an all-new, integrated water-cooling solution for Maximus IX Extreme — one that elevates simplicity and efficiency to extraordinary levels. Designed from the ground up, and ready to work right out of the box, Maximus IX Extreme's built-in monoblock has flow-rate, water-leak and temperature sensors all seamlessly integrated — plus Aura Sync RGB lighting, for instant curb appeal! With dedicated sensors feeding information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility, it's easy to configure options for shutdown timing and alerts, so you can stay on top of the heat and remain cool in every game!
Best Gaming Lighting
AURA Lighting Control
Customize LED effects with intuitive ASUS Aura Sync lighting-control software. Aura allows you to cast a stunning multi-colour glow across your build via the ROG Maximus IX Extreme's brilliant built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the two on-board 4-pin headers*. Fire up ASUS Aura and enjoy the creative freedom of nine lighting schemes - and watch all of the lights on your rig glow in perfect synchronization!
* The Integrated ROG monoblock by default occupies the top Aura header. ** The Aura RGB-strip header supports standard 5050 RGB LED strips with a maximum power rating of 2A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 2m. ***One extension cable is included. LED Strips and Aura Compatible devices are sold separately.
• Static: Always on.
• Breathing: Fades in and out.
• Strobing: Flashes on and off.
• Colour Cycle: Fades between the Colours of the rainbow.
• Music Effect: Pulses to the beat of your music CPU temperature.
• CPU Temperature: Changes colour with CPU load.
• Rainbow: A rolling multi-colour glow.
• Comet: A stream of light with a tail.
• Flash & Dash: Single-color stepped flashes.
AURA Sync: Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology makes Maximus IX Extreme the control hub for your illumination ambitions — so it's easy to synchronize incredible lighting effects between compatible components, including RGB LED strips, graphics cards, keyboards and even mice! Change all LEDs in unison or employ dynamic modes to flow the illumination effects smoothly across all synchronized devices.
Best Gaming Audio
New SupremeFX Codec: Exquisite Audio, Inside and Out
ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection and 120dB on line-out — and that means our best-ever recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion — which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
• SupremeFX S1220 Codec: 10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1 channel playback, independent 2.0 channel, multiple-stream stereo to front panel outputs.
• LED Colour-Coded Audio Connectors: Distortion-free for enhanced audio-signal input and output.
• RC4580 Buffer: Provides the perfect current and voltage for true-to-life tonality and spacious sound imaging.
• ESS® ESS9023P Digital-To-Analog Converter: Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -94dB THD.
• High-Precision Clock Source: High-accuracy timing technology ensures ultra-low jitter, even when temperatures fluctuate.
• Nichicon Capacitors: Deliver the highest-quality sound resolution and expansion for especially warm and natural audio.
• Switching MOSFETs: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
Sonic Studio III: Intuitive Audio-Tuning Suite
ROG's Sonic Studio III audio effects station has been updated with an all-new routing feature to port streams to different outputs as well as app-level preferences for instant audio profiles and improved noise filtering for conversations with total clarity!
Easily assign different audio streams to different outputs, such as browser audio to headphones and game audio to speakers.
Apply customized audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Automatically detects and eliminates unwanted background noises, ensuring that communications are loud and clear.
Sonic Radar III: Scan and Detect To Dominate!
Sonic Radar III is all-new – with an evolved audio engine that processes sounds more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
Improved Audio Algorithm
The new Sonic Radar III audio algorithm is now even more accurate, allowing enemies to be located with pinpoint precision regardless of the surrounding noise and chaos.
Sonic Radar III is built around its all-new head-up display with an in-game three-dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
The new Audio Boost feature now allows enhanced audio to be heard directly.
Redesigned radar based on adjustable sectors (4-16) makes the enemies' position clearer and more direct.
Best Gaming Performance
ASUS Pro Clock Technology: OC Design
A dedicated base-clock generator designed for 7th Generation Intel® processors allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 425MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to Extreme heights.
* Base-clock overclocking range will vary according to CPU capabilities, cooling, motherboard support and tuning options. Ranges up to 650MHz are possible under some conditions.
Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock:
• Reduced boot time.
• Lower jitter under Extreme conditions for higher overclocks.
• Increased stability under heavy overclocking.
Third-Generation ASUS T-Topology: DDR4 Overclocking Strength In Numbers
With support for DDR4 memory you're able to drive memory frequencies to 4133MHz — and even beyond! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides superb memory-overclocking potential, minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection to enable you to unleash the full power of DDR4. With innovative equidistant memory channels, our design delivers the most balanced control and incredibly powerful overclocking capabability. And that's not all: ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
SafeDIMM slots feature a metal key-pin that increases durability, versus traditional DIMM slots.
Get Performance, Efficiency, Digital Power, Fan Control and Even Networking Tailored for You — and The Way You Play!
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your ROG Maximus IX Extreme build — because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click, for instant, highly controllable performance boosts! Exclusive ROG technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system, based on real-time use — so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and networking settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, and productivity!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure Extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loading.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Instant CPU Performance Boost
Crank up your PC instantly with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and the graphics card, enabling the freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance and maximize the potential of your graphics card*
* Please see graphics card QVL
All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy real-time, system-wide power savings — for gaming kicks that won't cost the earth! EPU automatically detects and adjusts power consumption according to your rig's needs, so you save money without compromising on thrills. EPU will also reduce CPU wattage to a set level and deliver even more savings with Away mode, creating an extreme energy-saving scenario that shuts down unused I/O controllers and reduces the power consumption of the graphics card. That means full power for your gameplay and then total energy efficiency when you step away!
Cooler by Design
Play quieter and cooler with advanced fan and water-pump controls for the ultimate in undisturbed gaming. With on-board thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection, Fan Xpert 4 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise - so you enjoy all the performance you demand with none of the racket!
• 6x 4-Pin PWM Fans: with Independent Controls; Auto, DC Mode, PWM Mode, or Disabled.
• 5x Fan Control Sources: CPU, Motherboard, VRM, PCH, T-Sensor1.
• Watercooling Zone: 2x Water Temp Sensors, Water_Flow Sensor.
• Fan Ext Header.
• Radiator Fan.
Fan Xpert 4
Because high-end graphics cards are a significant source of heat in any build, the GPU has a bigger impact on case temperatures than any other component. Fan Xpert 4 lets you set the GPU temperature as a fan-tuning source, enabling a dynamic cooling response to system power output!
Precise Digital Power Control
To go faster than fast you need ultra-accurate power control — so ROG Maximus IX Extreme is kitted out with ASUS Digi+ Power Control for maxed-out overclocking potential, enhanced system stability and superb power efficiency. Digi+ Power Control is the industry's leading digital power controller and it's fully compliant with Intel specifications, for smoother, safer power.
Game Faster, Rank Higher
ASUS Turbo App is the intuitive tuning panel to boost everything to secure your victory in your favourite titles! Overclock your CPU and prioritize game data across your network. History is written by the victors, so don't go to war without Turbo App.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Tuning Wizard: OC and RAID. Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet, and from within the BIOS.
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
• GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track last changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
USB BIOS FlashBack
Refresh your BIOS in a flash, even when the system is off.
The Finest Power, Digitally Controlled
ROG's revered digital power controller now delivers even-finer power, with Texas Instruments NexFET™ MOSFETs, MicroFine alloy chokes, Digi+ PWM controller and 10K black metallic capacitors — ensuring Extreme Engine Digi+ always delivers the smoothest core voltages.
• Microfine Alloy Chokes: More stable and greater efficiency at high currents, 3x finer than standard, 31% cooler than large granules, 75% hysteresis reduction.
• 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors: 5x long lifespan, 20% greater Extreme temperature endurance.
• 50% Smaller NexFET™ MOSFETs: Over 90% more efficient.
ProCool Power Connector
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented! Compared with traditional power connectors, ProCool connectors ensure an exceptionally close and secure connection with the Maximus IX Extreme motherboard. This design is stronger, and also benefits power efficiency: the flush connection enables lower impedance and better heat dissipation, allowing cooler operating temperature. ProCool even has a neat right-angled plug, helping you to keep the wiring out of the way!
Best Gaming Connectivity
USB 3.1 Front-Panel Connector: Future-Proof Connectivity
USB-C is the latest USB connector technology — and ROG Maximus IX Extreme lets you put it right where you need it! With a ASM 2142 USB 3.1 controller running at PCIe 3.0 x2 and featuring an on-board USB 3.1 front-panel connector, you can now achieve the highest data transferring speeds possible - easily.
Thunderbolt™ 3: Super-Speed Connectivity
Thunderbolt™ 3 means faster, bigger, better and more! At a breath-taking 40Gbps you'll experience faster transfers, with four times (4X) the data speeds of any other cable and twice (2X) the video bandwidth. And Maximus IX Extreme with Thunderbolt 3 also offers compatibility with billions of USB devices, device docking and charging!
Dual M.2 (PCIE Gen3 X4): Unleash 32Gbps SSD Speeds
Maximus IX Extreme has dual PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots that provide NVMe SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost. Create a RAID configuration with up to three PCIe 3.0 storage devices via two M.2 slots and the PCIe x16 slot to enjoy the fastest data-transfer speeds on the 7th Gen Intel Core platform!
Best Gaming Networking
Intel Ethernet: More Throughput and Less Processing Equals Faster Online Play
ROG Maximus IX Extreme features the very latest Intel® Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
• Lower CPU workload.
• High TCP & UDP throughput.
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput, Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your ROG Maximus IX Extreme motherboard's connection, plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9x greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5x greater protection (up to 15kV) against surges!
2x2 802.11AC Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO
2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867 Mbit/s* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology** to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
*Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality. **Requires MU-MIMO-ready client.
GameFirst IV: Team Up To Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team up to 4 networks for maximum bandwidth and smooth gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for the best performance.
Best Gaming Protection
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
ROG's patent-pending pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of 12kV , and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. It also has a sleek new design that makes it look as good as it performs.
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step, a new insert-moulding process integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the motherboard through additional solder points.
Copper-Plated PCB Edge
Maximus IX Extreme has an exclusive copper-plated edge, levelling up the board's aesthetic appeal and providing enhanced protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI).
• ESD Guards: 2X greater electrostatic protection than standard. ESD Guards cover the PS2, USB, audio and LAN ports.
• TrueVolt USB: 2 dedicated USB power supplies rock-steady 5V to all USB ports, minimizing power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
• CPU Installation Tool: 1 layer protection from socket-pin damage.
• Q-Connector: 1 piece sorts all front-panel cables.
• Q-Slot: 1 clip to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Q-DIMM: 1–slided clips for super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
• DRAM Overcurrent Protection: 1 additional resettable fuse protects connection ports and DRAM against overcurrent and short-circuit damage.
• Multi-Coloured Q-LED: 4 onboard LEDs indicate power status and potential problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device, for quick diagnosis.
3D Printing Friendly
Exclusive 3D Mount for Easy Installation: Make It Your Own
Dedicated 3D mounts on the motherboard makes fitting 3D-printed parts easy. Using the same screws as M.2 drives and standard motherboard mounting holes, you can easily add nameplates and cable covers.
As system parts are visible in custom PC builds, make yours stand out from the competition with 3D-printed accessories.
• 2-Way SLI HB Bridge Cover: Clip the cover onto the PCB SLI HB bridge to add style to your build. Multiple form factors — EATX, ATX and mATX — are available.
• Fan Grill: Make your cooling a little cooler.
• Cable Combs: Keep cables organized with the multi-connector design. 3D design files are available for 24-pin, 8-pin, 8 + 6-pin, 6-pin and 4-pin PSU connectors.
• ROG Fonts: Use ROG font files to print letters — then fully customize your build by adding your name or any other word or phrase!
• ROG Keychain: Print a 3D keychain and show your ROG passion to the world!
Guide To 3D Printing
Follow these steps to start printing your own 3D parts, and integrate them seamlessly into your PC build in no time!
• Download: Select the 3D source files you want to download.
• Personalize: Adjust the size or shape of the provided 3D module, add text or change other attributes.
• Print: Use your own printer, or visit a local vendor or find the ASUS store via the Shapeways site.
• Setup: Easily assemble and fit your 3D-printed parts.
ROG Gives You More
Overwolf: Stay In The Game
A clever, unobtrusive overlay keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay is dressed in colour-matched ROG skins to show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from Overwolf's app store!
• In-game Dock: 5 customizable apps.
• In-game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
• Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
ROG Clone Drive: Image Your Drives, The Smart Way
All-new ROG Clone Drive is the smart, convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. Clone Drive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time, or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
RAMCache: Speed Your Game Loads
ROG's uniquely-intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Automatically caches all your storage devices at the same time for optimal use of your system‘s caching resources.
KeyBot II: The Free Keyboard Upgrade, Upgraded!
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard, switch profiles in moments, enable special functions with hotkeys from F1-F10, start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
• Macro Keys: Record sequences simply by typing on the keyboard.
• Function Keys: Assign convenient shortcuts and game-related functions.
• Shortcut: Assign any application or folder for easy launch.
• Direction Change: Good news for fighting game fans - you’ll enjoy one-button directional change.
• S5 Mode: You can even use KeyBot II to boost your PC into a specific mode with two-second press.
Other Included Software & Apps
• AI Suite 3: One-stop control panel.
• ROG CPU-Z: Shows your important system information with pride.
• Mem TweakIt: Dynamic timing monitoring, DRAM efficiency gauge.
• RAMDisk: Boost your favourite applications up to 20X faster than SSD with the junction function.
• Kaspersky® Anti-Virus (One Year): The best protection from viruses and spyware.
• DAEMON Tools: The leading tool for optical and virtual discs.
• PC Cleaner: Accelerate your PC by eliminating clogs with simple click.
Beyond VR Ready
Maximus IX Extreme isn't just VR Ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that Extreme has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance after you've taken off the headset. ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power of Intel
Intel® Z270 Chipset
The Intel® Z270 is a single-chipset design that supports 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core™ i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the Z270 chipset provides a maximum of 10 USB 3.0 ports, four SATA 6Gbps ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z270 also supports integrated graphics, so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
The ROG Maximus IX Extreme motherboard supports 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel Core™ i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package. Integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express® controllers support on-board graphics output with dedicated chipsets, two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCIe Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance. Features • LGA1151 Socket for 7th Gen and 6th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors.
• ROG Integrated Monoblock detects water flow, temperature and leakage, and integrates the M.2 heatsink to prevent throttling.
• Best Gaming Lighting: Aura Sync RGB LEDs, Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers.
• SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III.
• 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
• Best Gaming Networking: Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
• Best Gaming Protection: Pre-mounted I/O shield, Safeslot, SafeDIMM, and copper-plated PCB edges for EMI protection and maximum durability.
• Best Gaming Connectivity: Front-panel USB 3.1, on-board Thunderbolt™ 3. and dual M.2.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548