ASUS AMD Ryzen AM4 X370 CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME E-ATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME, AMD X370, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, WiFi, USB3.1A+C, E-ATX
For more than a decade, Republic of Gamers has delivered exemplary design and performance to thrill the world's best players and PC enthusiasts. Our journey is a road without end. Now, it's time for competitors to be warned and for gamers and enthusiasts to push the limits — the packed and pumped ROG Crosshair VI Extreme is ready to defeat all challengers!
PCH M.2 Heatsink: Perfected Cooling for Unleashing Performance
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme is equipped with an M.2 heatsink integrated into the PCH heatsink. With its huge cooling surface, the M.2 heatsink perfectly chills an inserted M.2 SSD — providing maximum performance and reliability.
Featuring a stylish angular design replete with an awesome glowing ROG eye logo, the M.2 heatsink adds a beautiful touch to the build, while the T-sensor detects temperatures in the vital M.2 area for instant monitoring.
Water Cooling Zone: Fully Dominate Your Water-Cooling System
ROG's innovative Water Cooling Zone lets you monitor your cooling system like never before. The dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header of the ROG Water Cooling Zone feeds information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility - so you can stay on top of the heat and stay cool in every game!
• W_Flow Tachometer: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of the entire loop.
• W_In/Out T-Sensor: Allows for monitoring of temperatures at the input/output of any component.
Extended Compatibility: Ready for Any AM4 or AM3 Cooler
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme has special mounting holes that are compatible with any AM4 or AM3 cooler/LN2 pot. Upgrade to a new AM4 cooler, or extend the life of your existing AM3 kit — the choice is yours!
Best Gaming Lighting
Aura Lighting Control
Customize your own favourite LED effects with intuitive, ASUS-exclusive lighting-control software. Aura RGB technology makes it possible to cast a stunning multicolour glow across your entire build, via the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme's brilliant built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the two on-board 4-pin headers - all lights will perform in perfect synchronization! Fire up Aura and enjoy the creative freedom of nine different lighting schemes!
*The Aura RGB-strip header supports standard 5050 RGB LED strips with a maximum power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 2m. *One extension cable is included; RGB LED strips sold separately.
Aura Lighting Effects
• Static: Always on.
• Breathing: Fades in and out.
• Strobing: Flashes on and off.
• Colour Cycle: Fades between the colours of the rainbow.
• Music Effect: Pulses to the beat of your music.
• CPU Temperature: Changes colour with CPU load.
• Rainbow: A rolling multi-colour glow.
• Comet: A stream of light with a tail.
• Flash & Dash: Single-color stepped flashes.
RGB Lighting Perfected
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme includes a dedicated addressable RGB header* that connects to compatible lighting strips, fans, coolers, and compatible PC cases — all to create a new world of illumination possibilities. Aura software offers an array of effects for addressable gear, and the Aura SDK takes things to the next level — allowing developers to control each LED individually, unleashing infinite lighting possibilities!
*Addressable RGB header supports strips with a maximum power rating of 3A (5V). For maximum brightness, strips should contain no more than 120 LEDs.
AURA SDK: Infinite Lighting Possibilities
Aura SDK* is an evolving developer toolkit that ASUS has made available in order to advance the capabilities and benefits of our Aura illumination technology. Aura SDK enables enthusiasts and developers by providing a platform for discussing, exploring and exploiting the vast eco-system of ASUS Aura Sync-capable gear. Developers can share ideas for customizing the display of various system stats and alerts via RGB illumination, and also explore ways to brilliantly portray in-game action with real-time synchronized lighting.
Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology makes ROG Crosshair VI Extreme the control hub for your illumination ambitions — so it's easy to synchronize incredible lighting effects between compatible components, including RGB LED strips, graphics cards, keyboards and even mice! Change all LEDs in unison or employ dynamic modes to flow illumination effects smoothly across all synchronized devices.
Best Gaming Audio
New SupremeFX Codec: Exquisite Audio, Inside and Out
ROG SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up with ROG Crosshair VI Extreme, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection for best-ever recording quality — and 120dB on line-out for crystal-clear sound. We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, plus Texas Instruments® RC4580 and OPA1688 op-amps for high gain with low distortion. It all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before!
SupremeFX S1220 Codec
10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1-channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front-panel outputs.
• LED Color-Coded Audio Connectors: No more fumbling around in the dark.
• ESS® ESS9023P Digital-To-Analog Converter: Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -94dB THD.
• RC4580 Buffer: Provides the perfect current and voltage for true-to-life tonality and spacious-sound imaging.
• Switching MOSFETs: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
• Nichicon Capacitors: Delivers the highest-quality sound resolution and expansion, for especially warm and natural audio.
• High-Precision Clock Source: High-accuracy timing technology ensures ultra-low jitter, even when temperatures fluctuate.
Sonic Studio III: Intuitive Audio-Tuning Suite
Sonic Studio III now supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The Sonic Studio GUI also offers a range of EQ options, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that arrive from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process sound true to life. **Please note HRTF function is available only in version 3.6 and later.
Audio Effects Station
ROG's Sonic Studio III audio effects station has been updated with an all-new routing feature to port streams to different outputs as well as app-level preferences for instant audio profiles and improved noise filtering for conversations with total clarity!
Apply customized audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Automatically detects and eliminates unwanted background noises, ensuring that communications are loud and clear.
Sonic Radar III: Scan and Detect To Dominate!
Sonic Radar III is all new – with an evolved audio engine that processes sound more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
• Improved Audio Algorithm: The new Sonic Radar audio algorithm is now even more accurate to allow enemies to be pinpointed with even more accuracy.
• 3D Engine: Sonic Radar III is built around it's all new HUD with an in-game 3 dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
• Audio Boost: The new audio boost feature now allows the boosted audio to be heard directly. *HUD: Head Up Display.
• Audio Radar: Sonic Radar 3 is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
Best Gaming Connectivity
Dual M.2: Unleash 32Gbps SSD Speeds
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme offers dual PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots that provide NVMe SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost. Create a RAID configuration with up to two PCIe 3.0 storage devices via the dual M.2 slots to enjoy the fastest data-transfer speeds on the AMD® Ryzen™ processors platform!
USB 3.1 Gen2 Type A+C
Ultimate-speed 10Gb/S with on-board USB 3.1 Gen2.
Best Gaming Networking
Intel Ethernet: More Throughput and Less Processing Equals Faster Online Play
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme features the very latest Intel I211-AT Ethernet controller for faster, smoother gaming. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
• Lower CPU workload
• High TCP & UDP throughput
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput, Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your ROG Crosshair VI Extreme connection, plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) provide 1.9X-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5X-greater protection against surges — up to 15kV!
2X2 802.11AC WI-FI with MU-MIMO
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme has next-level 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867Mbps* transfer speeds, and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology** to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
*Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n. Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality. **Requires MU-MIMO-ready client.
GameFirst IV: Team Up to Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team up to four networks for maximum bandwidth and ultra-smooth gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for the best performance
Best Gaming Performance
OC Design (Base-Clock Generator): ASUS Pro Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator designed for Ryzen® processors allows overclocked base-clock frequencies up to or beyond 150MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock:
• Reduced boot time.
• Lower jitter under extreme conditions for higher overclocks.
• Increased stability under heavy overclocking.
DDR4 OC 3200MHZ+: DDR4 Overclocking Strength in Numbers
With support for DDR4 memory you're able to drive memory frequencies to 3200MHz — or beyond! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design provides superb memory-overclocking potential, minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection to unleash the full power of DDR4. With innovative equidistant memory channels, the ROG design delivers the most balanced control and incredibly powerful overclocking capability. And that's not all: ROG works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor, ensuring the best compatibility.
5-Way Optimization: One-Click Overclocking and Cooling, Done!
ASUS 5-Way Optimization technology sorts all the complex settings with a click — for instant, highly controllable performance boosts! Exclusive ROG technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system, based on real-time use — so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans, and networking settings that are tailored for your apps. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, and productivity!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loading.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money and the earth.
Instant CPU Performance Boost
Crank up your PC instantly with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring of the CPU and the graphics card. It also allows you to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios to optimize performance, as well as maximize the potential of your graphics card.
All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy real-time, system-wide power savings. EPU automatically detects and adjusts power consumption according to your rig's needs, so you save money without compromising on thrills. EPU will also reduce CPU wattage to a set level and deliver even more savings with Away mode, creating an extreme energy-saving scenario that shuts down unused I/O controllers and reduces the power consumption of the graphics card. That means full power for your gameplay and then total energy efficiency when you step away!
Cooler by Design
Play quieter and cooler with advanced fan and water-pump controls. With on-board thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection, Fan Xpert 4 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise - so you enjoy all the performance you demand with none of the racket!
Fan Xpert 4
With high-end graphics cards being a significant source of heat in any build, the GPU has a bigger impact on case temperatures than any other component. With Fan Xpert 4 you're now able to set the GPU temperature as a fan-tuning source, enabling a dynamic cooling response to system power output!
Precise Digital Power Control
To go faster than fast you need ultra-accurate power control — so ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard is kitted out with ASUS Digi+ Power Control, for maxed-out overclocking potential, enhanced system stability, and superb power efficiency. Digi+ Power Control is the industry's leading digital power controller and it's fully compliant with Intel's IMVP8 specifications, for smoother, safer power.
Game Faster, Rank Higher
ASUS Turbo App is the intuitive tuning panel that boosts everything in order to help you secure victory in your favourite titles! Overclock your CPU and prioritize game data across your network. History is written by the victors, so don't go to war without Turbo App.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Tuning Wizard: OC and RAID. Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
• GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track the latest changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
ProCool Power Connector
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented! Compared with traditional power connectors, ProCool connectors ensure an exceptionally close and secure connection with the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. This design is stronger and it also benefits power efficiency: The flush connection enables lower impedance and better heat dissipation, allowing cooler operating temperature. ProCool even has a neat right-angled plug, helping you to keep the wiring out of the way!
USB UEFI BIOS Flashback
Refresh your BIOS in a flash, even when the system is off.
The Finest Power, Digitally Controlled
ROG's revered digital power controller now delivers even finer power, with Texas Instruments NexFET™ MOSFETs, MicroFine alloy chokes, Digi+ PWM controller and 10K black metallic capacitors — all to ensure that Extreme Engine Digi+ always delivers the smoothest core voltages.
• MicroFine Alloy Chokes: More stable and greater efficiency at high currents.
• 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors.
• 50% Smaller NexFET™ MOSFETs.
Best Gaming Protection
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme features a new and exclusive backplate, levelling up the board's aesthetic appeal and providing enhanced protection against bending.
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
ROG's pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of 12kV, and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. As an added bonus, its sleek new design makes it look as good as it performs!
ASUS SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented. Featuring a new single-step, insert-moulding manufacturing process that integrates fortifying metal and additional solder points, SafeSlot provides stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
• ESD Guards: 2X greater electrostatic protection than standard ESD Guards, covering the PS2, USB, audio and LAN ports.
• TrueVolt USB: 2 dedicated USB power supplies provide rock-steady 5V to all USB ports, minimizing power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
• Q-Connector: 1 piece keeps all front-panel cables tidy.
• Q-Slot: 1 clip makes it easy to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Multi-Coloured Q-LED: 4 on-board LEDs indicate power status and potential problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device, for quick diagnosis.
• Q-DIMM: 1–sided clips for super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
ROG Gives You More
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay features colour-matched ROG skins that show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from the Overwolf Appstore!
• In-Game Dock: 5 customizable apps.
• In-Game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
• Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
ROG Clone Drive
ROG Clone Drive is the smart, convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. Clone Drive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time, or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
ROG's uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Automatically caches all your storage devices at the same time for optimal use of your system‘s caching resources.
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and also intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard; switch profiles in moments; enable special functions with hotkeys from F1 to F10; or start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
• AI Suite 3: One-stop control panel.
• ROG Theme CPU-Z: Shows your important system information with pride.
• Mem TweakIt: Dynamic timing monitoring, DRAM efficiency gauge.
• RAMDisk: Boost your favourite applications up to 20X faster than SSD with the junction function.
• Kaspersky® Anti-Virus (1 year): The best protection from viruses and spyware.
• DAEMON Tools Pro Standard (1 year): The leading tool for optical and virtual discs.
• PC Cleaner: Accelerate your PC by eliminating clogs with simple click.
Beyond VR Ready
ROG Crosshair VI Extreme isn't just VR ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that ROG Crosshair VI Extreme has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power of AMD
Ready for AMD AM4-Socket Ryzen, 7th Generation A-series APUs and Athlon CPUs
The ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard supports AMD® Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A-series accelerated processing units (APUs) and Athlon™ CPUs. The high-performance Ryzen™ processor supports up to eight cores, and is based on the innovative Zen core architecture. The 7th Generation A-series APUs feature integrated AMD Radeon R-series graphics. AMD AM4-socket processors feature dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.0, and 16 PCI Express® 3.0/2.0 lanes for superb performance.
AMD X370 Chipset
The AMD X370 chipset delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities for the latest AMD® AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A-series APUs and Athlon™ ACPUs. It's optimized for multiple GPU configurations, including NVDIA SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™. It also provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 gen2 ports and eight 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval. Features • On-Board PCH M.2 Heatsink: Design for optimal heat dissipation and gaming performance.
• Optimal Cooling: Compatible for AM3/AM4 Cooler and water cooling headers zone.
• Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects with two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers and one addressable header.
• Best Gaming Audio: SupremeFX S1220 teamed with Sonic Studio III, cast an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
• 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
• Best Gaming Networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard GameFirst and 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support.
• Best Gaming Connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C™ connectors.
• Best Gaming Durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Dual (2)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||ECC/Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||64GB (4x16GB)|
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX 8-Ch. HD Audio S1220|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||2-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||3-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||802.11ac WiFi LAN|
|Network Chip/Modules||1 x ASUS Dual Band ac WiFi + BT 4.2 with MU-MIMO|
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548
Date Issued: 20th Nov 2017
AMD made waves in the premium consumer CPU market during March 2017 when it debuted Ryzen processors based on the Zen architecture that had been in development for the previous four years