ASUS AMD AM4 Ryzen CROSSHAIR VI HERO WiFi X370 ATX Motherboard
For more than a decade, Republic of Gamers has delivered exemplary design and performance to thrill the world's best players and PC enthusiasts. Our journey is a road without end. Now, it's time for competitors to be warned and for gamers and enthusiasts to push the limits: The packed and pumped ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) motherboard is ready to defeat all challengers.
CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC): Hollow Heat-Sink with Red-Hot Style
Our new heat-sink is finely engineered with an innovative perforated design for maximum heat dissipation. On its top are expertly angled facets that allow light from the platform controller hub to penetrate through — so your builds stand out unlike any other!
ROG Water Cooling Zone: Fully Dominate Your Water-Cooling System
ROG's innovative Water-Cooling Zone lets you monitor your cooling system like never before. ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility - so you can stay on top of the heat and stay cool in every game!
• W_FLOW Tachometer: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of the entire loop.
• W_IN/OUT T-Sensor: Allows for monitoring of temperatures at the input/output of any component.
Extended Compatibility: Ready for Any AM4 or AM3 Cooler!
ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) has special mounting holes that are compatible with any AM4 or AM3 cooler/LN2 pot. Upgrade to a new AM4 cooler, or extend the life of your existing AM3 kit — the choice is yours!
Best Gaming Lighting
Aura Lighting Control
Customise your own favourite LED effects with Aura, the intuitive lighting-control software, to cast a stunning multi-colour glow across your build via the ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC)'s brilliant built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the two on-board 4-pin headers - all lights will perform in perfect synchronisation! Fire up Aura and enjoy the creative freedom of nine different lighting schemes.
*The Aura RGB-strip header supports standard 5050 RGB LED strips with a maximum power rating of 2A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 2m. *One extension cable is included. RGB LED strips need to be purchased separately.
Aura LED Effects:
• Static: Always on.
• Breathing: Fades in and out.
• Strobing: Flashes on and off.
• Colour Cycle: Fades between the colours of the rainbow.
• Music Effect: Pulses to the beat of your music.
• CPU Temperature: Changes colour with CPU load.
• Rainbow: A rolling multi-colour glow.
• Comet: A stream of light with a tail.
• Flash & Dash: Single-color stepped flashes.
Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology makes ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) the control hub for your illumination ambitions — so it's easy to synchronise incredible lighting effects between compatible components, including RGB LED strips, graphics cards, keyboards and even mice! Change all LEDs in unison or employ dynamic modes to flow the illumination effects smoothly across all synchronised devices.
Best Gaming Audio
New SupremeFX Codec: Exquisite Audio, Inside And Out
ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection and 120dB on line-out — and that means our best-ever recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion — which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
• Switching MOSFETs: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
• Nichicon Capacitors: Deliver the highest-quality sound resolution and expansion for especially warm and natural audio.
• High-Precision Clock Source: High-accuracy timing technology ensures ultra-low jitter, even when temperatures fluctuate.
• ESS® ESS9023P Digital-To-Analog Converter: Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -94dB THD.
• RC4580 Buffer: Provides the perfect current and voltage for true-to-life tonality and spacious sound imaging.
• Ultra-Durable Gold-Plated Audio Connectors: Distortion-free for enhanced audio-signal input and output.
SupremeFX S1220 Codec
10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1-channel playback, independent 2.0-channel and multiple-stream stereo to front-panel outputs.
Sonic Studio III: Intuitive Audio-Tuning Suite
ROG's Sonic Studio III audio effects station has been updated with an all-new routing feature to port streams to different outputs as well as app-level preferences for instant audio profiles and improved noise filtering for conversations with total clarity!
Apply customised audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Automatically detects and eliminates unwanted background noises, ensuring that communications are loud and clear.
Sonic Radar III: Scan and Detect To Dominate!
Sonic Radar III is all-new – with an evolved audio engine that processes sound more accurately than ever, ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
Improved Audio Algorithm
The new Sonic Radar III audio algorithm is now even more accurate, allowing enemies to be located with pinpoint precision regardless of the surrounding noise and chaos.
Sonic Radar III is built around its all-new head-up display with an in-game three-dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
The new Audio Boost feature now allows enhanced audio to be heard directly.
Redesigned radar based on adjustable sectors (4-16) makes the enemies' position clearer and more direct
3D Printing Friendly
Make It Your Own
ASUS is the first motherboard manufacturer to support 3D printing, making it easy to customise your motherboard's appearance and improve system performance with a range of printable parts.
Exclusive 3D Mount for Easy Installation
Dedicated 3D Mounts on the motherboard makes fitting 3D-printed parts easy. Using the same screws as M.2 drives and standard motherboard mounting holes, you can easily add nameplates, cable covers, or an M.2 fan holder.
*Products with the 3D Printing Friendly logo feature the specialised 3D Mount and are also bundled with an extra 3D Mount kit. 3D printing friendly. Make it your own.
As system parts are visible in custom PC builds, make yours stand out from the competition with 3D-printed accessories.
• Cable Cover: Cover your cables for a tidier PC.
• M.2 Fan Holder: The ASUS 3D-printed M.2 fan holder keeps temperatures low for improved performance and longevity.
• 2-Way SLI HB Bridge Cover: Clip the cover onto the PCB SLI HB bridge to add style to your build. Multiple form factors — eATX, ATX and mATX — are available.
• Fan Grill: Add a little extra style to your build.
• Cable Combs: Keep cables organised with the multi-connector design. 3D design files are available for 24-pin, 8-pin, 8 + 6-pin, 6-pin and 4-pin PSU connectors.
• ROG Fonts: Use ROG font files to print letters - then fully customise your build by adding your name or any other word or phrase!
• ROG Keychain: Print a 3D keychain and show your ROG passion to the world!
*Please note that these accessories are not included, but you can download the plans for free form the ASUS website so you can 3D print your own.
Guide to Start 3D Printing
Follow these steps to start printing your own 3D parts, and integrate them seamlessly into your PC build in no time!
• Download: Select the 3D source files you want to download.
• Personalise: Adjust the size or shape of the provided 3D module, add text or change other attributes.
• Print: Use your own printer, or visit a local vendor or find the ASUS store via the Shapeways site.
• Setup: Easily assemble and fit your 3D-printed parts.
Best Gaming Performance
OC Design: Asus Pro Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator designed for AM4 processors allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 158MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
*Base-clock overclocking range will vary according to CPU capabilities, cooling, motherboard support and tuning options. Ranges up to 650MHz are possible under some conditions.
Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock:
• Reduced boot time.
• Lower jitter under extreme conditions for higher overclocks.
• Increased stability under heavy overclocking.
DDR4 Overclocking Strength in Numbers: Third-Generation ASUS T-Topology
With support for DDR4 memory you're able to drive memory frequencies up to 3200MHz (and beyond when overclocked)! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design provides superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimising coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels, it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
One-Click Overclocking and Cooling, Done!
Performance, Efficiency, Digital Power, Fan Control and Networking - Tailored to The Way You Play.
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) — because 5-Way Optimisation sorts all the complex settings with a click, for instant, highly controllable performance boosts! Exclusive ROG technology dynamically optimises essential aspects of your system, based on real-time use — so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and networking settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimisation ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, and productivity!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high-performance and prioritised bandwidth.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loads.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money and the earth.
Instant CPU Performance Boost
Crank up your PC instantly with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and the graphics card, enabling the freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimised performance and maximise the potential of your graphics card.
All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy real-time, system-wide power savings — for gaming kicks that won't cost the earth! EPU automatically detects and adjusts power consumption according to your rig's needs, so you save money without compromising on thrills. EPU will also reduce CPU wattage to a set level and deliver even more savings with Away mode, creating an extreme energy-saving scenario that shuts down unused I/O controllers and reduces the power consumption of the graphics card. That means full power for your gameplay and then total energy efficiency when you step away!
Cooler by Design
Play quieter and cooler with advanced fan and water-pump controls for the ultimate in undisturbed gaming. With on-board thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection, Fan Xpert 4 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise - so you enjoy all the performance you demand with none of the racket!
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Tuning Wizard: OC and RAID. Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS
• SMART: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
• GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track last changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
USB BIOS Flashback
Refresh your BIOS in a flash, even when the system is off.
The Finest Power, Digitally Controlled
ROG's revered digital power controller now delivers even-finer power, with Texas Instruments NexFET™ MOSFETs, MicroFine alloy chokes, Digi+ PWM controller and 10K black metallic capacitors — ensuring Extreme Engine Digi+ always delivers the smoothest core voltages.
• MicroFine Alloy Chokes: More stable and greater efficiency at high currents.
• 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors.
• 50% Smaller NexFET™ MOSFETS.
Best Gaming Connectivity
Super-Speed Connectivity: Where You Need It
USB-C is the future-proof reversible connector — and ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) lets you put the connection right where it's needed! With an on-board USB 3.1 front panel connector you can position a USB-C port on your system's front panel, so it's always within reach.
• USB 3.1 Type A+C: Ultimate-speed 10Gbit/s with on-board USB 3.1.
• PCIe Gen3 M.2: Let your SSD scream at top speed.
Best Gaming Networking
Intel Ethernet: More Throughput and Less Processing Equals Faster Online Play
ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) features the very latest Intel® Ethernet Controller I211-AT for faster, smoother gaming. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
• Lower CPU workload.
• High TCP & UDP throughput.
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput, Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC)'s connection, plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9x greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5x greater protection (up to 15kV) against surges!
2X2 802.11AC WI-FI with MU-MIMO
ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) has next-level 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867 Mbps* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User Multiple In Multiple Out (MU-MIMO) technology to ensure that every connected user** experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
*Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality. **Requires MU-MIMO-ready client.
GameFirst IV: Team Up to Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimises network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team up to 4 networks for maximum bandwidth and smooth gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimised for the best performance.
Best Gaming Protection
SafeSlot: Protect Your Graphics Cards Investment
As a gamer you demand stability and durability, so ROG integrates long-lasting, premium components, plus exclusive smart DIY designs across the board — ensuring the best gaming experiences.
• ESD Guards: 2X greater electrostatic protection than standard. ESD Guards cover the USB, audio and LAN ports.
• TrueVolt USB: 2 dedicated USB power supplies provide rock-steady 5V to all USB ports, minimising power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
• Q-Connector: 1-piece makes it easy to sort all front-panel cables.
• Q-Slot: 1-clip makes it easy to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Q-DIMM: 1-sided clips provide super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
• DRAM Overcurrent Protection: 1 additional resettable fuse protects connection ports and DRAM against overcurrent and short-circuit damage.
• Black Nickel-Coated Q-Shield: 0 pain! Protect your hands from nicks and cuts.
ROG Gives You More
Overwolf: Stay in The Game
A clever, unobtrusive overlay keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay is dressed in color-matched ROG skins to show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from Overwolf's app store!
• In-Game Dock: 5 customisable apps.
• In-Game Calling: 0 missed calls during gaming.
• Multi-IM Support: 5+ clients in a single interface.
ROG Clone Drive: Image Your Drives, The Smart Way
All-new ROG Clone Drive is the smart, convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. Clone Drive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time, or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
RAMCache II: Speed Your Game Loads
ROG's uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds: going to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache II turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Automatically caches all your storage devices at the same time for optimal use of your system‘s caching resources.
KeyBot II: The Free Keyboard Upgrade – Upgraded!
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard, switch profiles in moments, enable special functions with hotkeys from F1-F10, start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
• AI Suite 3: One-stop control panel.
• ROG CPU-Z: Shows your important system information with pride.
• Mem TweakIt: Dynamic timing monitoring, DRAM efficiency gauge.
• RAMDisk: Boost your favourite applications up to 20X faster than SSD with the junction function.
• Kaspersky® Anti-Virus (One Year): The best protection from viruses and spyware.
• DAEMON Tools: The leading tool for optical and virtual discs.
ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) isn't just VR Ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC) has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance after you've taken off the headset. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power of AMD
Ready for AMD AM4-Socket Ryzen, 7th Generation A-series APUs and Athlon CPUs
This motherboard supports AMD® Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A-series accelerated processing units (APUs) and Athlon™ CPUs. The high-performance Ryzen™ processor supports up to eight cores, and is based on the innovative Zen core architecture. The 7th Generation A-series APUs feature integrated AMD Radeon R-series graphics. AMD AM4-socket processors feature dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.0 and 16 PCI Express® 3.0/2.0 lanes for superb performance.
AMD X370 Chipset
The AMD X370 chipset delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities for the latest AMD® AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A-series APUs and Athlon™ ACPUs. It is optimised for multiple GPU configurations including NVDIA SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™. It also provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 ports and eight 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval. Features • Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects and two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers.
• SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III.
• Compatible with both AM3/AM4 coolers.
• ROG Water Cooling Zone: Dominate your cooling system.
• 5-Way Optimisation: One-click system-wide overclocking.
• Best Gaming Networking: Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
• Best Gaming Connectivity: M.2, USB 3.1 front-panel connector and both USB 3.1 Type-A/C.
• Best Gaming Durability: SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Dual (2)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||64GB (4x16GB)|
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX 8-Ch. HD Audio S1220|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||2-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||2-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.
Date Issued: 20th Nov 2017
AMD made waves in the premium consumer CPU market during March 2017 when it debuted Ryzen processors based on the Zen architecture that had been in development for the previous four years