Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake CPU + ASRock Z170 Extreme4 Motherboard
With a choice of 2 different motherboards, along with 3 CPUs, making a total of 6 bundles to choose from, we have a bundle that meets your needs, from a solid quad core for gaming, an unlocked CPU multipler variant for those of you into overclocking, and a Hyper-threaded option ideal for Video Production & Photoshop work.
Check all the bundles out HERE.
This bundle includes the ASRock Z170 Extreme4 ATX Motherboard & the Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz Quad Core Processor with Unlocked Core Multiplier & B-Clock, making it ideal for overclocking.
ASRock Z170 Extreme4 ATX Motherboard
Super Alloy Motherboard: Stable and Reliable
XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink Design
Extra large heat sinks that effectively take away heat from the MOSFET and chipset so that your motherboard may perform more stable.
Combo Caps (Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps)
Combining 820uF + 100uF Nichicon 12K Polymer Caps, provides clearer, efficient and more responsive CPU Vcore power.
Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps
Supreme 12K platinum capacitors with lifespans of at least 12,000 hours. Compared to other counterparts on high-end motherboards that merely have lifespans of around 10,000 hours, ASRock applied Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps that offer 20% longer lifespans and provide more stability and reliability.
*Tested under industry standard 105 degree Celsius ambient temperature.
Protects the crucial parts near the rear I/O against static electricity.
Matte Black PCB
A new matte black and copper color scheme.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
USB 3.1 10 Gb/s Type-A + C
A pair of onboard Type-A and Type-C USB 3.1 connectors for delivering up to 10Gbps data transfer rates.
10 Power Phase Design
Reinforced system stability for taking on all sorts of arduous computing tasks.
3 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
Fully compatible with standard graphics cards, Nvidia Quadro and AMD FirePro workstation graphics solutions.
Purity Sound™ 3
7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek ALC1150 audio codec, Pure Power-In and other technologies to deliver the crispest sound effects.
• Supports Purity Sound™ 3.
• Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps.
• 115dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier.
• TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier (Supports up to 600 Ohm headsets).
• Pure Power-In.
• Direct Drive Technology.
• PCB Isolate Shielding.
Hyper BCLK Engine
An additional external base clock generator which provides a wider range of frequencies and more precise clock waveforms.
Intel® LAN provides the best throughput performance, lower CPU utilization, enhanced stability and is able to deliver ultimate network experience to users!
Flexible PCIe Slots
A new flexible PCIe Gen3 x1 slot design that allows users to install add-on cards of all kinds of sizes.
* The bandwidth of your devices will be limited to PCIe Gen3 x1.
Unlike traditional motherboards that use analog power, this motherboard uses a next generation digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, which provides CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly, so that the stability and lifespan of the motherboard is greatly enhanced.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your motherboard’s components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
In a world where time is money, why waste precious time everyday typing usernames to log in to Windows? Why should we even bother memorizing those foot long passwords? Nobody has time for that! Just plug in the USB Key and let your computer log in to windows automatically!
Restart to UEFI
Fast Boot is so fast that it is impossible for users to enter the UEFI setup utility during POST. Therefore, ASRock Restart to UEFI technology allows users to easily enter the UEFI setup utility automatically when turning on the PC next time. It is designed for those who constantly need to enter the UEFI setup utility.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Limit and control your children's time spent on the internet. ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users.
UEFI Tech Service
Contact ASRock Tech Service by sending a support request from the UEFI setup utility if you are having trouble with your personal computer. Users may try to choose the category of the issue they have encountered, describe the problem in detail, and then attach an optional picture or log file for our technical support team.
Dampness kills most electronics, so it's a better idea to keep your personal computer dry. Now users may prevent motherboard damages due to dampness by enabling Dehumidifier. When it is enabled, the computer will power on automatically to dehumidify the system after entering S4/S5 state.
Easy Driver Installer
For users that don’t have an optical disk drive to install the drivers from our support CD, Easy Driver Installer is a handy tool in the UEFI that installs the LAN driver to your system via an USB storage device, then downloads and installs the other required drivers automatically through the internet. Completely no CD or optical disk drive required!
ASRock XFast RAM fully utilizes the memory space that cannot be used under Windows® 32-bit operating systems. It shortens the loading time of previously visited websites, making web surfing faster than ever. And it also boosts the speed of Adobe Photoshop 5 times faster. Another advantage of ASRock XFast RAM is that it reduces the frequency of accessing your SSDs or HDDs in order to extend their lifespan.
When Internet Explorer loads very slowly for no clear reason, it's usually due to inefficient management. ASRock is rolling out super efficient web management in the motherboard industry. XFast LAN is a convenient tool that controls internet related applications easily and efficiently. Creating a perfect Internet environment, all you need is a smart manager. ASRock XFast LAN allows you to enjoy more speed, easier multitasking, enhanced multimedia experience, and more – all without weighing you down.
Tired of listening to crappy audio that makes your ears bleed? Experience high-quality surround sound from your personal computer. DTS Connect is a blanket name for a two-part system, including DTS Interactive and DTS Neo:PC, it is used on the computer platform only, in order to convert PC audio into the DTS format.
This motherboard supports HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) which is an interface standard for transferring uncompressed video data and delivering multi-channel audio through a single cable. Both video and audio data signals transferred through the HDMI™ interface are digital without being converted into analog, therefore it delivers the richest pictures and the most realistic sounds.
Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz Quad Core Processor with Unlocked Core Multiplier & B-Clock
A Powerful Solution for Next Generation PCs
Looking for the perfect processor to build your gaming rig? Want to game and stream at the same time? And want to edit your action videos and photos?
We got you covered - Intel is proud to announce its 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop processor family - (codename Skylake).
If it is performance you crave then these are the processors that you have been waiting for.
The desktop Intel® Core™ i5-6600K desktop processor has a quadcore base frequency of 3.5GHz, 6MB of cache memory and support for up to 64GB in DDR4 RAM memory. Additionally, it is unlocked so that you can squeeze every last bit of performance out of it.
The new architecture and design of the 6th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors delivers:
• A new full range base-clock settings that provide more granularity for overclocking your platform. This is possible with the new unlocked 6th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors i7-6700K and i5-6600K and the Intel® Z170 chipset that also allows you to tune key aspects of your system including cores, power and memory.
• Support for DDR4 RAM memory technology in mainstream platforms, allowing systems to have up to 64GB of memory and higher transfer speeds at lower power when compared to DDR3 (DDR4 speed 2133 MT/s at 1.2V vs DDR3 speed 1600 MT/s at 1.5).
6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 and Core™ i5 desktop processors come with Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology which gives you that extra burst of performance.
Videos come to life in Ultra HD 4K so users can enjoy amazing and vibrant multimedia experiences on Ultra HD and 4K displays (up to 4096x2160 resolution on i5-6600K). To deliver this experience, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K and i5-6600K desktop processors incorporate support for HEVC, VP8 and VP9.
Intel® Quick Sync Video technology accelerates most video capabilities, allowing users to create and share in real-time and multi-task without interruption.
6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 and Core™ i5 desktop processors support graphics programmability features such as OpenCL 2.0 so programmers can easily take advantage of the graphics compute capabilities.
With native support for the new DirectX 12 API, the 6th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors can provide a better experience for gaming and graphics that take advantage of DirectX 12.
6th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors offers hardware-level security features such as:
• Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)that helps protect your system and your data.
• Intel® Memory Protection Extensions helps protect application’s run time integrity.
• Intel® Device Protection Technology with BIOS Guard 2.0 and Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard help protect your system during boot.
Whether you use your PC for gaming, rendering, editing or creating, the 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700K and i5-6600K desktop processors deliver a great PC experience.
More information can be found in the PDF below:
Features ASRock Z170 Extreme4 ATX Motherboard Features
• ASRock Super Alloy.
• Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Socket 1151).
• Digi Power, 10 Power Phase Design.
• Supports Dual Channel DDR4 3200+(OC).
• 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1.
• NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™.
• Graphics Output Options: DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2.
• Supports Triple Monitor.
• 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 3 & DTS Connect.
• 3 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3).
• 2 USB 3.1 (1 Type-C & 1 Type-A), 8 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 6 Rear).
• Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz Quad Core Processor with Unlocked Core Multiplier & B-Clock Features
• Next Generation 14nm Desktop CPU architecture from Intel.
• Skylake brings higher clock speeds, better power efficiency, and lower temperatures.
• Supports Dual Channel DDR3L & the very latest DDR4 Memory modules.
• Faster Improved On-Chip Graphics Capabilities.
• Unlocked 'K' type processors feature an unlocked core clock multiplier, and on 6th Gen CPUs, Enhanced Full Range BCLK Overclocking Support, making overclocking your processor for maximum performance much easier and faster than ever before.
• Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 automatically increase your CPU frequency on demand during intensisve tasks.
• Supports Intel; Quick Sync Video, InTru 3D Technology, Insider, Wireless Display, Clear Video HD Technology, Clear Video Technology.
• Supports the latest API's: DX11.2, OpenGL 4.3/4.4, OpenCL2.0.
• Support for HEVC, VP8 & VP9 Accelerated Media Codecs.
• Supports Display Resolution up to 4096x2160.
• Supports up to 3 Independent Digital Displays including embedded DP (eDP).
• DMI 3.0 Support.
• Support for Intel 100 Series Chipset provides up to 40% more high-speed I/O.
Increased Integration, Responsiveness & Security
• Speech HW Acceleration.
• Time Synchronization HW.
• Intel® Ready Mode Technology.
• Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard.
• Intel® Memory Protection Extensions.
• Intel® Software Guard Extensions.
Important Information: This CPU is NOT SUPPLIED with a heatsink/cooler.
A compatible CPU heatsink/cooler of at least 95W TDP is required to cool this CPU and must be purchased separately. Please click here to view our extensive range of CPU coolers. Please check each CPU coolers specifications carefully to ensure compatibility with this CPU.
|Memory Channel||Dual (2)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Maximum Memory Capacity||64GB (4x16GB)|
|Graphics Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||2-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||3-Way CrossFire|
|Audio||Purity Sound™ 3 Realtek ALC1150 7.1 HD Audio|
|Network Interface Type||Wired Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000)|
|Network Interface Chip/Modules||1 x Intel® I219V (Gigabit LAN)|
|SATA||SATAe / SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.