Arturia MicroBrute Analog Synth
ARTURIA MICROBRUTE SYNTHESIZER
Although it seems small, there is so much you can get done with this synth. And it is a synth in the very realest of ways. With 3 waveforms available from the single VCO, 3 waveshapers, an overtone generator and a classic Steiner-Parker filter, the possibilities for creating sound are endless. Add to that a step sequencer and a mod matrix that allows you to modulate and connect to other devices and you have a very powerful semi-modular mono synth at a very reasonable price.
The VCO at the centre of the MicroBrute has 3 mixable waveforms (Saw, Triangle and Square). If you combine these waveforms with the Waveshapers (Ultrasaw, Pulse width, and Metalize), you realise that the possibilities for modifying and bringing sounds to life are endless. The new Overtone Generator can add further harmonics to your sound, from One Octave below to a Fifth above, and a Sub 5th controller lets you sweep the whole sonic palette.
The Steiner-Parker filter is a diode ladder filter which was first used on the Synthacon synthesiser from the 1970’s. It offers Lowpass, Highpass and Bandpass modes which will allow you build the dirtiest, nastiest basses you could wish for.
Step sequencers are sometimes seen as a little bit quaint in this age of DAW’s with hundreds of tracks available, but there is something very creative about being limited to a step-input sequencer that forces you to think in terms of notes and rests in a linear way. The Microbrute has a well implemented step sequencer that will keep providing new ideas and inspiration.
The Mod Matrix we mentioned before is a proper patchable modulation matrix. It allows you to modulate internal sounds via the flexible CV routing, and also allows you to interface with other synthesisers.
Finally the Brute Factor will deliver all the growly distortion you can handle
• Monophonic synthesizer
• 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
• Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP)
• Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new Overtone Sub-Osc
• Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle)
• LFO with 3 waveforms and destination attenuator
• Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics
• Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
• Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics
• Fast Envelope Generator
• 25 note mini velocity sensitive Keyboard
• External Analog Audio Input (level pot on rear)
• CV Inputs: Pitch, Filter, Sub-mod, Pulse, Saw animator, metalizer, gate in
• CV outputs: Pitch, Gate, Env, LFO
• MIDI Inwith 5-Pin DIN connector
• USB MIDI In/Out
• ¼" Audio Output and ⅛" Headphone Output
• Free Editor Software
|PC Interface||USB 2.0|
|Frequency Response (Input)||N/A|
|Frequency Response (Output)||N/A|
|Maximum Input Level||N/A|
|Maximum Output Level|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months