A Technological Fusion
Antelope Audio’s Eclipse 384 is not only an AD/DA Converter, but a master clock and monitoring controller as well.
Eclipse 384 is an advanced 384 kHz A/D & D/A converter clocked by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit technology and a flexible monitoring system that creates a technological synergy by combining the most prominent Antelope’s innovations. It provides mastering and mixing engineers an unprecedented level of productivity, sound quality and ease of use.
64-Bit Trinity-Quality Clocking
AD/DA powered by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology.
192 / 384 KHZ
Eclipse 384 can provide sync reference for up to 4 different devices.
Three sets of switchable monitor outs, additional monitor DAC, 2 HP amps.
Easy Monitor Controlling - Suited for every environment
The fully integrated monitor controller employs 0.05 dB accurate gold-plated relay attenuators and provides speaker switching, bass management and cue mix functions with integrated talkback.
Eclipse can reinvent not only your studio sound, but your live rig as well
Master clocks are becoming more and more popular for use with digital consoles and recording equipment at concerts and live events.
By using the Eclipse 384, a live sound engineer is able to provide sync reference for up to four different devices, while using the main D/A for backing material, the A/D with multiple digital outs feeding redundant recording systems, and monitor DAC to check the recording post A/D conversion.
The technological fusion of Antelope Audio’s best innovations has now been utilized to create this new product:
A sophisticated Multi-Input/Output Stereo A/D and D/A Converter, utilizing Antelope’s 64-bit Oven Controlled Clocking and precise Monitoring Control. Eclipse 384 is designed to deliver bit perfect, transparent sound — digital audio that doesn’t sacrifice the warmth and fullness typically associated with analog gear. Separate A and D power supplies virtually eliminate digital cross-talk and this is further enhanced by keeping those circuits on separate boards. These boards utilize large internal ground plains, cancelling noise and voltage shifts. The Custom designed USB controller chip streams data at 480Mbits, allowing audio up to 384kHz with native drivers for both Mac and PC. Dual-stage headphone driver architecture delivers smooth sound at both high and low levels.
First introduced during the AES summit in New York in 2011, the Eclipse was selected as “Best of Show” by ProSound Network. Later in 2011 the Eclipse was awarded “Gear of the Year” by Audio Media.
Thanks to your feedback and opinions, in 2012 the Eclipse 384 was nominated for PAR Excellence award.
“…That’s a heck of a lot of functionality for one 2U rack-mounting box.” - Sound On Sound
• Up to 384kHz sampling rate through USB and AES/EBU Outs (in Dual Wire AES/EBU mode when 384kHz is selected on the Clock).
• Stepped relay volume attenuator for precise stereo balance (matched to 0.05 dB) for both monitoring and headphone outputs.
• Antelope Oven Controlled Clock with Ultra Low Jitter.
• Built in 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking, that greatly reduces jitter from all digital inputs.
• De-Jittered, re-clocked Digital Outputs: 2x AES/EBU, 1 x TOSLINK and 2 x S/PDIF.
• Anti-thumping Speaker & Ear protection on power up & source change.
- 3 x Stereo Balanced analog Combo XLR / 1/4” TRS.
- 1 x Computer Data (USB).
- 3x AES/EBU on XLR.
- 2 x TOSLINK optical.
- 2 x SPDIF on RCA.
- 2 x A/D TRS Inserts.
- Word Clock and 10M Inputs on BNC.
- 1 x Stereo Footswitch 1/4” TRS Jack.
- 1 x Talkback Mic 1/4” TRS.
3 x Stereo Balanced analog (1 x XLR & 2x 1/4” TRS), 1 x LFE Balanced XLR.
2 x A/D out on AES/EBU XLR.
1 x Stereo Pair of Main D/A XLR.
2 x Front Headphones on 1/4” TRS.
2 x Cue Mix Headphones on 1/4” TRS.
4 x Word Clock on BNC and 2 x AES/EBU/1 xSPDIF/1 x TOSLINK De-jittered outs.
• Dual-stage headphone driver architecture for superior matching with professional headphone coils.
• Volume control for monitor analog outputs and a separate volume control for front headphones.
• Mute and dim of main out levels.
• Adjustable (120 O or 0 O) headphone output impedance.
• USB compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 and Mac OS X without driver installation.
• Word Clock and 10M Atomic Clock Input.
• PC/MAC software control panel.
• Meets FCC and CE requirements.
• USB recording available using the Eclipse as an Audio Interface.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Antelope Audio Eclipse 384, Mastering AD / DA Converter, Atomic Clock, Word Clock, AES/EBU, Toslink, S/PDIF, 64Bit . Please choose from the list below.