AMD FX-6350 6 core AM3+ CPU with Wraith Fan Cooler
• Available on the FX™ 8370, 8350, and 6350, each with the maximum multithreading capacity and the highest clock rate in its class.
• Now paired with virtually silent top-of-the-line AMD Wraith Cooler.
• AMD’s new Wraith Cooler generates less than one-tenth the noise of its predecessor, backlit illumination and an attractive fan shroud.
The control you want
• Unlocked clock multiplier for a powerful overclocking advantage.
• Highly configurable power and performance curve via AMD OverDrive™ software.
• Tailor your experience to your personal preference, whether it’s performance, efficiency, or low noise.
Reliability you deserve
• AMD processors power premium products and world-class operations from industry leaders like HP, Microsoft, Samsung Electronics, and Sony.
• The AMD FX™ processor is built from the company’s 8th generation x86 CPU architecture based on over 40 years of silicon-crafting experience. Features AMD FX™ Processors
Experience unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with the industry's first 8-core desktop processor, unlocked for your overclocking pleasure.1 Push your core frequencies to the limit for the speed you crave with AMD Turbo Core technology.5 Go beyond the limits of flat-out speed with easy-to-use AMD OverDrive™ technology. Get all this impressive performance at an unbelievable price.
AMD FX™ 8-Core Processors
The industry's first native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with "Bulldozer" architecture.
AMD Turbo Core Technology
AMD FX™ Processors based on the “Bulldozer” architecture come equipped with AMD Turbo Core technology.5 AMD Turbo Core technology is a performance-boosting technology that helps increase performance on the applications that need it the most.
AMD Balanced Smart Cache
• Shared L3 cache (up to 8MB)
• Improved scheduling and pre-fetch capabilities
• 64-ways (16-ways/sub-cache)
• Increased data queue sizes
• Coherency for 8-cores
• AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
Shared FP Scheduler
Dual 128-bit Floating point engines – capable of teaming together for 256-bit AVX instructions or operating separately with each core
Advanced Instruction Capabilities
• AVX - Advanced Vector Extensions increase parallelism for scientific and 3D apps using heavy floating point calculations
• FMA4 and XOP – Floating-Point Vector Multiply-Accumulate and eXtended Operations improves throughput and performance on many integer and floating point vector functions
• AES - Advanced Encryption Standard increases performance on encryption apps like TrueCrypt® and PCMark®
Provides quick access times to system I/O for better performance.
• One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
• Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
• Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
An optimized, high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller to feed more cores.
• Supports up to DDR3-1866
• Supports low voltage memories of 1.35V and 1.2V
• Up to 29.9GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3
• Pre-Fetcher improvements
• Direct communications to each core in Dual-Core module (APIC registers in each core)
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology with IOMMU
These silicon feature-set enhancements are designed to improve the performance, reliability and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications direct and rapid access to their allocated memory. IOMMU is an extension to AMD64 architecture to support address translation and access protection on DMA transfers. Together, virtualization software runs more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems.
• Security for User Level application and Virtual Machine guest operating system
• Address translation and access control
• Device isolation
• Device assignment in virtualized systems
• Security and trusted boot support
• Unified interrupt management
AMD PowerNow!™ AMD Technology (Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology)
Enhanced power management features automatically and instantaneously adjust performance states and features based on processor performance requirements, helping users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.
• C6 power state flushes the cache and removes voltage from individual cores to help reduce power consumption
• CC6 power state puts all cores in C6 into an even lower power state for quieter operation and reduced power requirements
• Separate memory controller power control
• IO-based c-state interface
• Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
• Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with minimal impact to performance
Benefit: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.
|Core Size||32 nm|
|Clock Speed||3.9 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||4.2 GHz|
|Unclocked Core Multiplier||Yes|
|Max. Memory Speed|
|L1 Cache (Total)||3x 64 KB instruction caches, 6x 16 KB data caches|
|L2 Cache (Total)||2MB x 3|
|L3 Cache (Total)||8MB|
|Heatsink||Active (With Heat Sink Fan)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 14th Oct 2011
AMD has lifted the wraps off a new CPU architecture formerly known by the codename Bulldozer. Now released as the FX series, this TekSpek delves into the technology behind the new chip.