AMD 6328 Opteron Processor - 8 Core
AMD 3rd Gen. Opteron 6328 CPU, Abu Dhabi 8 Core, S G34 (LGA 1944), 3.2GHz, 8MB x 2 L3 Cache, 115W, Without Fan/Heatsink
By DPD On 29th May
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
Power your cloud with AMD Opteron™ processors
When demanding workloads push the limits of your data center, push back with AMD Opteron 6300 series processors built to deliver the performance you need at the price you want.
• Low acquisition costs that help reduce overall TCO
• Scalable architecture ideal for cloud deployments
Heatsink/Fan not included, sold separately. Features Performance
• Second generation of AMD's modular core architecture – codenamed "Piledriver" - Higher performance and higher performance/watt than the previous generation.
• Cache and Core Count - 8 cores within the same package & 16MB of L3 cache per socket.
• Higher DDR3 Frequencies - Supports DDR3-1600 for typical memory configurations and DDR3-1866 for slightly loaded memory configurations.
• Quad Channel Memory - Four DDR3 memory channels with max memory bandwidth of up to 51.2 GB/s @ DDR3-1600 with RDIMM, LRDIMM, LV RDIMM and UDIMM.
• AMD Turbo CORE Technology - Cores can boost performance by up to 300MHz simultaneously when headroom is available.
• AES Instructions - Provides hardware acceleration for fast and secure data encryption and decryption.
• TDP Power Cap - Thermal design power (TDP) can be set in one watt increments using the BIOS or APML to get the most processing power into a single rack.
• C6 Power State - Core power gating reduces and increases voltage as needed.
• APML (Advanced Platform Management Link) - Enables monitoring and controlling of system resources via a Remote Power Management Interface (RPMI) and Precision Thermal Monitor(in APML-enabled platforms).
• AMD CoolSpeed Technology - Server automatically drops into lower power mode if processor's temperature exceeds safe operational limits. Platform providers can safely reduce system fan speeds to deliver greater platform efficiency.
• C1E - Reduces power to memory controller and HyperTransport™ technology links.
• LV-DDR3 Support - Supports DDR3 at 1.25V in addition to 1.35V.
• LR-DIMM Support - Enables extremely dense memory configurations.
Direct Connect Architecture 2.0
• HyperTransport™ Technology Assist (HT Assist) - Helps to increase coherent memory bandwidth and reduces latency in multi-node systems by reducing cache probe traffic between cores.
• HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology (HT3) - Provides superior system bandwidth between CPUs and I/O, increasing interconnect rate up to a maximum 6.4GT/s with HT3.
AMD-V™ 2.0 Technology
• AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) 2.0 Technology.
- Tagged TLB - Efficient switching between virtual machines for better application responsiveness.
- Rapid Virtualization Indexing - Hardware-based virtual machine memory management.
- AMD-V™ Technology Extended Migration - Helps enable live migration of VMs between all available AMD Opteron™ processor generations.
- I/O Virtualization - Enables direct device access by a virtual machine for increased integrity and security.
|Model & Type|
|CPU Type||Opteron Third-Generation|
|Socket||G34 (LGA 1944)|
|Manufacturing Process||32 nm|
|Cores & Clocks|
|No. of Cores||8 Core|
|No. of Threads|
|Clock Speed||3.2 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||3.5 GHz|
|Turbo Speed (On 1 Core)|
|Max. Memory Size|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR3 - 1600|
|Max. Memory Channels|
|ECC Memory Support||No|
|Lanes & Features|
|PCIe Lanes Supported|
|Features Integrated Graphics||No|
|Integrated Graphics Model/Type||N/A|
|iGPU Compute Units||N/A|
|L1 Cache||4x 64 KB instruction caches, 8x 16 KB data caches|
|L2 Cache||4x 2MB|
|L3 Cache||2x 8MB|
|Smart Prefetch Cache|
|Thermals & Package|
|Thermal Specification||71.7 °C|
|Heatsink/Cooler Included?||Not Included, Sold Separately|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan / AMD Europe
- 01276 932318
"Please be aware any warranty offered in excess of 12 months is at the manufacturer's discretion and maybe subject to change without notice."
Subject to, 3 years manufacturer's warranty.
1st year warranty return to Scan Computers;
2nd - 3rd year subject to manufacturers warranty via AMD Europe
+44 (0) 1276-803187
Please be prepared to provide AMD Europe the following information:
(1) your name, address, and telephone numbers;
(2) proof of purchase;
(3) a description of the type of boxed processor;
Upon receipt of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from the Technical Service Center Representative, you will be required to send in your processor, and heatsink/fan that were packaged together in the retail container. The packaging materials themselves will not be required to process your RMA.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, serial number altered, defaced or removed; or has had the warranty seal on the system altered, defaced or removed, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.