AMD 4386 Opteron Processor - 8 Core
Success in the cloud boils down to data center scalability and efficiency.
So our server processors are designed to be power-conscious with flexible compute resources designed to help your business scale seamlessly into demanding cloud environments.
Heatsink/Fan not included, sold separately. Features Performance
• Next generation modular core architecture - Optimized performance per watt: High frequency and low-power design, Virtualization enhancements, Shared double-sized Flex FP, IPC enhancements.
• Cache and Core Count - Integration of 8 cores within the same package, and shared 8MB L3 cache per socket.
• AMD Turbo CORE Technology - Turns unused TDP headroom into added clock speed for improved performance.
• Flex FP - The world's only flexible 256-bit FPU. Two 128-bit FMACs shared per module, allowing for dedicated 128-bit execution per core or shared 256-bit execution per module.
• High DDR3 Frequencies - DDR3-1866 MHz support.
• APML (Advanced Platform Management Link) - Provides an interface for processor and systems management monitoring and controlling of system resources (in APML-enabled platforms); Comprised of the Remote Power Management Interface (RPMI) and the Precision Thermal Monitor.
• TDP Power Cap - Allows the user to set the maximum processor power ceiling via BIOS or APML.
• AMD CoolSpeed Technology - Protects processor integrity by reducing power-states, when a temperature limit is reached.
• C1E - Reduces memory controller and HyperTransport™ technology links' power.
• C6 Support - Core power gating: When a core is halted its context is exported to system memory and voltage is removed from the core.
• LV-DDR3 - Support Supports 1.25V and 1.35V DDR3.
• Ultra-low Power Platform - Specialized ultra-low power platforms great for cloud/dense environments.
Direct Connect Architecture 2.0
• HyperTransport™ Technology Assist (HT Assist) - Helps to increase coherent memory bandwidth and reduce latency in multi-node systems by reducing cache probe traffic between cores.
• HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology (HT3) - Provides superior system bandwidth between CPUs and I/O, increasing interconnect rate up to a maximum 6.4GT/s with HT3.
|CPU Type||Opteron Third-Generation|
|Manufacturing Process||32 nm|
|No. of Threads|
|Clock Speed||3.1 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||3.8 GHz|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR3 - 1866|
|Max. Memory Channels|
|ECC Memory Support||No|
|PCIe Lanes Supported|
|L1 Cache||4x 64 KB instruction caches, 8x 16 KB data caches|
|L2 Cache||4x 2MB|
|Max. Temperature||70.5 °C|
|Heatsink||Not Included, Sold Separately|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan / AMD Europe
- 01276 932318
"Please be aware any warranty offered in excess of 12 months is at the manufacturer's discretion and maybe subject to change without notice."
Subject to, 3 years manufacturer's warranty.
1st year warranty return to Scan Computers;
2nd - 3rd year subject to manufacturers warranty via AMD Europe
+44 (0) 1276-803187
Please be prepared to provide AMD Europe the following information:
(1) your name, address, and telephone numbers;
(2) proof of purchase;
(3) a description of the type of boxed processor;
Upon receipt of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from the Technical Service Center Representative, you will be required to send in your processor, and heatsink/fan that were packaged together in the retail container. The packaging materials themselves will not be required to process your RMA.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, serial number altered, defaced or removed; or has had the warranty seal on the system altered, defaced or removed, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.