Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black
Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker WiFi Bluetooth Black
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose. Echo Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather and more. Prime members can also ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before and many Prime products. All you have to do is ask.
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room—even in noisy environments or while playing music. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Echo Dot responds. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the device you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Made for Any Room
Sleek and compact design makes Amazon Echo Dot a convenient addition to any room in the house. With its built-in speaker, you can place Echo Dot in the bedroom and use it as a smart alarm clock that can also turn off your lights. Or use Echo Dot in the kitchen to easily set timers and more using just your voice. With multi-room music support, you can play music across multiple Echo devices simultaneously (Available for Amazon Music and TuneIn. Bluetooth not supported).
Echo Dot can also directly connect to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable, using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for compatible wireless speakers to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room.
Voice Control Your Music
Amazon Echo Dot provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music—just ask for your favourite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Listen to 40 million songs with Amazon Music Unlimited.
Echo Dot also provides hands-free voice control to Spotify and TuneIn.
Introducing Alexa Calling and Messaging
Introducing Alexa calling and messaging—a new way to be together with family and friends. When you’re busy making dinner, just ask Alexa to place a call to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App. You can also enable a new feature called Drop In for the special cases when you want to connect with your closest friends and family or other Echo devices in your home.
With the Alexa App, conversations and contacts go where you go. When you’re away from home, use the app to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo. Alexa calling and messaging is available within the United Kingdom, and at no additional cost—to get started download the Alexa App on iOS and Android smartphones.
Control Your Smart Home
Use Amazon Echo Dot to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn up the thermostat while reading in your favourite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a film—all without lifting a finger… or even raising your voice.
Echo Dot works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, TVs thermostats and more from WeMo, Samsung SmartThings, Philips Hue, Sony, Hive, Netatmo, Tado°, Tp-link, Nest and others.
Echo Dot now supports IFTTT (If This, Then That), a third-party service that allows you to create rules (or “applets”) that automate how your devices, apps and websites work with each other.
Far-Field Voice Recognition
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition, Amazon Echo Dot can hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music.
When you want to use Echo Dot, simply say the wake word, “Alexa”, and Echo Dot lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognise and respond to your request.
Always Getting Smarter
Alexa—the brain behind Amazon Echo Dot—updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new functionality and skills. The more you use Echo Dot, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences.
Just in the last few months we’ve added Alexa calling and messaging, multi-room music, Amazon order tracking, IFTTT, local search from Yelp, movie showtimes, Google and Outlook.com calendar support, Audible audiobooks, text-to-speech for Kindle eBooks and thousands of new skills from third-party developers.
Echo Dot Has Skills
Skills add even more capabilities such as ordering take away from Just Eat, requesting a ride from Uber, checking train times from National Rail and more. Enabling skills lets your Amazon Echo Dot do even more—simply discover and enable the skills you want to use in the Alexa App.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about skills in the Alexa App.
Do More With The Alexa App
With the free Alexa App on Fire OS, Android, iOS and desktop browsers, you can easily set up and manage your Amazon Echo Dot.
Use the Alexa App to connect services you already use such as Amazon Music, Spotify and Google Calendar. Set up your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and more. See which books are available to listen to from your Audible library. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover and enable third-party skills.
Make calls, view your conversation history, manage contacts and get notifications when you receive a message (calling and messaging features available on iOS and Android only).
Features • Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms and more .
• Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify and TuneIn. Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music (Available for Amazon Music and TuneIn. Bluetooth not supported).
• Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
• Controls lights, switches, TVs, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Hive, Netatmo, Nest, tado° and others.
• Hears you from across the room with 7 microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
• Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device.
• Always getting smarter - Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills.
• Size: 83.5 x 83.5 x 32 mm (3.3" x 3.3" x 1.3")
• Weight: 163 grams (Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process)
• Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connection to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
• Bluetooth Connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported
• Audio: Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included)
• System Requirements: Amazon Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available outside the United Kingdom, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees
• Included in the Box: Amazon Echo Dot, power adaptor (9W), USB charging cable and Quick Start Guide.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months