Akai MPC Studio Black
Akai MPC Studio Black Beat Production MIDI Controller, 16 RGB Pads, 4 QLink Encoders, Transport Controls
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
We are pleased to announce that the critically acclaimed MPC Software 2.0 is now included with MPC STUDIO BLACK greatly enhancing the capability and functionality of these full-featured production solutions.
MPC Software 2.0 is a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI, Ableton Link Compatibility and much more. Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.0 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
Introducing MPC Studio Black
The MPC Studio Black is a fresh take on the top-selling original, MPC Studio. We made the Studio look cooler than ever by introducing a sleek and stylish black brushed-aluminum body. To elevate the parameter editing experience, the master encoder wheel as well as the Q-Link knobs have been raised and made larger. The 16 RGB MPC pads are now thicker and more responsive, inspiring greater expression in performance and programming.
Legendary MPC Production on Your PC or Mac
The Studio Black fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer. Its compact design is a minuscule 1.5” thin. Weighing in at less than two pounds, the Studio Black easily fits into a laptop bag or backpack. Its USB-powered and includes the powerful MPC Software for Mac and PC with 128-track sequencing capability. Equipped with the legendary MPC workflow, MPC Swing, plus powerful features such as “lazy” chop, you'll be producing great music in no time. A large LCD screen (360 x 96 dot graphic LCD) allows you to make tracks without having to look at your computer.
Included MPC Software
Featuring 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks--more than any other MPC ever—the included MPC Software delivers a massive 7GB+ sound library, including all the sounds of the classic MPC3000 and including 2 MPC Expansions. Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins lets you record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program, or VST/AU plugin. Use MPC Software alone as your main creation tool or seamlessly call it up in your favorite DAW as a VST, RTAS, or AU plugin.
MPC Software supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND, as well as samples and sequences from any MPC ever made, and it's compatible with both Mac and PC.
It's all in The Bank
7 Gigabytes. 300 Instruments. The Bank is an MPC Expansion workstation exploding with all the essential sounds of modern production including basses, leads, effects, keyboards and much, much more. It's included with MPC Studio Black. You also get The 809, an MPC Expansion for punchy analog drums—a full collection of classic drum machine sounds, each with its own controls for maximum tweak ability.
Professional Go-Anywhere Capability
Designed in collaboration with dozens of working producers and musicians, MPC Studio Black maintains the workflow that has made the Akai Pro MPC the industry standard in music production for decades. Its power, style and portability gives you the full MPC experience anywhere.
More information can be found in the User Manual below:
• Display: 360 x 96 dot graphic LCD w/back light
• Height: 1.55 inches (39.4mm)
• Width:11.2 inches (284mm)
• Depth:10.1 inches (257mm)
• Weight: 1.96 pounds (0.89kg)
• Power: USB
• MIDI I/O interface: 1 In / 1 Out via TRS to MIDI breakout cables (Included)
• Maximum events: unlimited (based on CPU)
• Resolution: 960 pulses per 1/4-note
• Sequences: 128
• Tracks per sequence: 128
• Drum pad: 16 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
• Drum pad banks: 8
• Sync mode: MIDI clock, MIDI Time Code
• Transport Controls: MIDI Machine Control
• Polyphony: 64
• Dynamic filtering: 1 State Variable Filter per voice (up to 8 pole, depending on type)
• Filter types: Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass, Band Boost, Band Stop, Analog Modeling, Vocal Formant
• Number of programs: 128
• Memory capacity: System Dependent. 2 GB minimum (4 GB recommended)
• Plugin Supported as Host: VST (Mac / PC), AU (Mac)
• Plugin Formats Available to other DAWs: VST, AU (Mac Only)
• Audio files supported: WAV, MP3, REX, AIFF, SND
• Word lengths supported: 32 and 64-bit
• Program Effects: 4 Insert Slots per Pad, 4 Sends to Track Effects per Pad
• Track Effects: 4 Inserts and 4 stereo Sends per Track
• Master effect: 4 Master Effect Slots Over 50 high-quality effects Included
• Plugin Formats supported: VST (Mac / PC), AU (Mac)
• MIDI inputs: 5-pin DIN x 1 via TRS to MIDI breakout cable (included)
• MIDI outputs: 5-pin DIN x 1 via TRS to MIDI breakout cable (included)
• Standard accessories: Operator's manual TRS to MIDI breakout cable x2 (Included)
|Product Type||Midi Controller|
|Connectivity (Input)||1 x MIDI|
|Connectivity (Output)||1 x MIDI|
|Frequency Response (Input)||N/A|
|Frequency Response (Output)||N/A|
|Maximum Input Level||N/A|
|Maximum Output Level|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months