Akai Advance 25 USB MIDI Keyboard
Advance 25 now features the updated VIP 3.0 software, allowing you more hands-on control of your favourite VST instruments and effects. The VIP Native Plugin Map Standard allows 3rd party virtual instrument and effect developers to produce their own plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration, if your plugin of choice doesnt come with a pre-mapped profile then simply map your own!
The Advance Keyboards are just that...advanced. Not only do you get a semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch but you get some of the most sophisticated hardware/software integration possible. With transport controls and a killer hi-res colour screen so you can replace your need for a computer screen. With Akai's intuitive VIP software you get to have a true tactile piece of gear that matches up with what's going on in your computer.
The custom semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keybed supports aftertouch and is a joy to play. One of the main features of the Advance is the amazing things you can do with virtual instruments, its great to see Akai kept the keys super playable.
Using VIP software
Akai have worked very hard to make you feel like a very important player with their VIP software. You can control Soft synths just like on most keyboards, you have your 8 macros with banks of 4 on each and you can control parameters like filter cutoff or volume but where things get advanced is how you are able to swap out and layer up to 8 VSTs in your DAW, all on the keyboard. Playing multiple instruments on the same track or even swapping out vsts used to mean picking up a mouse or heading over to your computer. The possibilities for live gigs and extensive key zones are astonishing. All with a simplistic approach when it comes to organisation, just a few knob turns and presses of a button and you can dive deep into your own preset library.
Akai are known for many things but the MPC and its pads are becoming something of legend. Now with the Advance series you get 8 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination.
The Advance is USB powered and is the perfect synth companion with MIDI in and out ports as well as room for expansion with 1 expression pedal jack and a sustain pedal jack.
The advance series comes with one of the most jam packed software offerings for any midi controller on the market you get: Vacuum Pro, LoomHybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet, Transfuser, and Creative FX Collection Plus by AIR Music Tech, Eighty Eight Ensemble by SONiVOX exclusive artist launch packs from TOOLROOM RECORDS (downloads).
AIR Music Tech Xpand!2
Xpand!2 is a workstation with over 2500 presets...just take a second, 2500 PRESETS! if you need any sound it's now at your fingertips. However this is more than just a preset machine, it also incorporates subtractive and FM synthesis - opening the door to a new universe in sound design. Xpand!2 includes two independent effect processors with fifty studio-grade effects so get ready, not only will your mind Expand but your music will...2!
Hybrid 3.0 is a high-definition virtual synthesizer that combines old skool analogue sounds with a full range of futuristic digital manipulation capabilities. There are over 1200 presets to get you started but Hybrid really shines when you start to tweak the 6 oscillators. Heaps of filtering options, step sequencer, envelopes, fx as well as 8 lfos, Hybrid is the best of both the analogue and the digital worlds.
SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble
No more searching for piano emulations, the flagship piano instrument for SONiVOX is here. Eighty Eight Ensemble 2 is an exceptional recreation of the Steinway 9-foot CD 327 grand piano and sounds amazing. With the ability to layer patches and make your own split combinations, playing the piano just took a step into the future.
Exclusive Artist Launch Packs from TOOLROOM Records
Toolroom is one of the most innovative and well-respected dance labels going around. With the huge impact the label has made over the last decade, not only on the charts but also with education of modern dance production, the exclusive artist launch packs were a natural and very much welcomed next step. Features The Advance 25 Keyboard comes with a 16GB download of over 10,000 sounds from industry-leading developers at AIR Music Technology, SONiVOX, and TOOLROOM RECORDS. This comprehensive collection of nine plugins provides you with an instant palette of contemporary, sought-after sounds for both live performance and studio production.
Advance Keyboards Highlights:
• Keyboards for advanced virtual instrument performance.
• Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-color screen with dedicated interface buttons.
• Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parametes.
• Includes Virtual Instrument Player software for unprecedented virtual instrument preset management, control mapping and multi patch creation.
• 25 Premium, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed aftertouch.
• 8 large, endless and continuously variable control knobs.
• 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination.
• Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, and performance buttons.
• Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons.
• Rubberized Pitch and Modulation wheels.
• Expression pedal and footswitch inputs.
• USB and 5-pin MIDI Input/Output for use with any MIDI capable software or hardware.
• Functions as a standalone controller.
• Included sounds: Vacuum Pro, Loom, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet and Transfuser by AIR Music Tech, Eighty Eight Ensemble by SONiVOX and exclusive artist launch packs from TOOLROOM RECORDS (downloads). Plus 100's of other VI's and sounds from a growing list of partners, available for purchase, downloadable from the VIP Store.
Virtual Instrument Player Software Highlights:
• Plays virtually every VSTi-compatible plugin.
• Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer.
• Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW.
• Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type, timbre, and more.
• Access, edit and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time.
• Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard.
• Extensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options.
• Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments.
• Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW.
More information can be found in the PDF below:
|Number Of Keys||25|
|Included Software||Vacuum Pro, LoomHybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet, Transfuser, and Creative FX Collection Plus by AIR Music Tech, Eighty Eight Ensemble by SONiVOX exclusive artist launch packs from TOOLROOM RECORDS|
|USB Bus Powered||Yes|
|Product Weight||3.1 kg|
|Key Size||Full Size Keys|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.