The RS-9 has been designed to be user friendly with its great expandability and versatility. The screw-less feature and pre-drilled holes on the motherboard tray for cable routing make this chassis a joy to work with. The pre-drilled cable routing holes are also protected by high quality rubber to prevent cable damages from sharp edges. A CPU cut-out is also pre-drilled on the motherboard tray for ease of CPU cooler installation and removal.
This chassis offers plenty of space for installation of components. At the front of the case are eight usable 5.25" drive bays with one of them having a fan controller pre-installed. The case is supplied with 5.25" to 3.5" adaptors for mounting 3.5" devices. The chassis is deep enough to accommodate graphics cards up to a total of 290mm in length.
To keep temperatures down, there are four locations for installing case fans. At the front of the case there is a 120mm LED fan (supplied). This brings cool air into the case and helps to aid cooling. At the rear of the case is space for a 120mm LED fan (supplied) which extracts the warm air from inside the chassis. On the roof of the case there is space for two 120mm fans (not supplied) and finally the side panel has room for two 120mm fans (not supplied). These fans can be used as exhaust or intake fans. Features • High performance "Mid-Tower" for gamers and enthusiast.
• Solidly constructed "ALL BLACK" chassis - – 0.6mm SECC Japanese Steel and beautifully finished ALL BLACK interior.
• High-end Graphic card Support - Supports longer high-end VGA cards up to 295mm
• High Expandability - Supports 9 x 5 1/4" bays, 3 x 3.5" HDDs (internal) and 1 x 3.5" external devices such as Floppy or a Card Reader.
• HDD Protection - Includes anti-vibration rubbers to protect your HDDs from shock.
• Ease of Installation - – New "Easy-install" screw-less kits are included for the 5 1/4" devices.
• Easy Access Top I/O ports - 2 x USBs, Audio/Mic and E-Sata ports.
• Smart Cable Management - – Cable routing is pre-drilled on the MB so users can hide cables behind the MB tray.
• Dust Protection - Includes front, bottom and top "Dust Filter" to prevent dust entering your computer.
• Mesh PCI Cover - Includes Red metal mesh PCI covers for better ventilation.
• RED LED fan controller - 3 "Mode" (Low, Medium and High) RED LED fan controller is included to control up to 20 Watts of power.
• Bottom PSU position - the bottom PSU location enables PSUs to suck in cold air and provides better air flow for your system.
• Water-cooling Support - water-cooling holes are pre-drilled to support water-cooling systems!!!
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 6th Jul 2011
There's more choice than ever before, but which computer case is right for you and which features should you look out for?
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.