Microsemi Adaptec RAID 8405E Storage controller (RAID) SAS 12Gb/s PCIe 3.0 x8
Series 8E RAID adapters can also be coupled with 12 Gbps SSDs, providing maximum read/write bandwidth and IOPS for the most performance-hungry applications. The 512 MB DDR3 (1600 MHz) built-in cache (recommended for read and write-through caching) provides maximum acceleration.
Ideal for entry-level 12 Gbps servers and workstations for redundant boot support and I/O intensive applications such as databases or video editing.
• 12 Gbps throughput at each port.
• 4- and 8-port low-profi le MD2 with support for a maximum of 4 and 8 devices respectively.
• Mixed mode RAID adapter and HBA functionality.
• 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps compatibility with HDD or SSD SAS/SATA devices.
• 12 Gbps throughput per SAS port using mini-SAS HD connectors.
• Microsemi's 12 Gbps RAID-on-Chip (ROC), x8 PCIe Gen3 interface with 12 Gbps SAS ports to enable a new generation of performance.
• 512 MB DDR3 (1600 MHz) cache.
• Up to 500K IOPS. Features • Flexible Configuration: HBA Mode & Auto Volume Mode for automatic deployment.
• Optimized Disk Utilization (Multiple Arrays per disk).
• Support for native 4K sector SAS and SATA devices in addition to 512byte sector devices.
• Supported RAID levels: 0, 1, and 10.
• Hybrid RAID 1 & 10.
• Quick initialization.
• Online Capacity Expansion.
• Copyback Hot Spare.
• Dynamic caching algorithm.
• Native Command Queuing (NCQ).
• Background initialization.
• Hot-plug drive support.
• RAID Level Migration.
• Hot spares - global, dedicated, and pooled.
• Automatic/manual rebuild of hot spares.
• SES and SAF-TE enclosure management.
• Configurable stripe size.
• Dual Firmware.
• S.M.A.R.T. support.
• Multiple arrays per disk drive.
• Dynamic sector repair.
• Staggered drive spin-up.
• Bootable array support.
• Support for tape devices, autoloaders.
• MSI-X support for all device driver for all supported Operating Systems.
• Secure boot support for the uEFI host BIOS.
• USB image available, after shipping, on start.microsemi.com to boot maxView GUI from any USB device for enhanced GUI based setup and offline maintenance.
|Ports Internal||Int Ports|
|Ports External||Ext Ports|
|Connectors||4 x SFF-8643|
|Interface||PCIe 3.0 x8|
|Low Profile Compatible||No|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.