Samsung 960GB PM1634 2.5 inch SAS Enterprise SSD
960GB Samsung PM1643 2.5 Inch Enterprise SSD, SAS-3 12Gb/s, 2100MB/s Read, 1000MB/s Write, 350k/30k IOPS
By DPD On 18th Sep 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
Enterprise server and storage administrators face challenging requirements to deliver mission-critical business infrastructure on a limited budget. It is also imperative these environments remain stable when processing multiple heavy workloads. Considering each of these factors, IT and data centre managers are tasked with finding high performing and dependable storage solutions.
Samsung provides SSDs with exceptional performance and reliability in primary enterprise storage applications such as virtual desktop infrastructures, web servers, email servers, enterprise resource planning, and relational databases.
Compared to performance HDDs, the Samsung PM1643 achieves sequential workloads up to 6 times faster, thereby reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO). As the pioneer in vertical-NAND (V-NAND) technology, Samsung has the added advantage of being a vertically integrated supplier of all its SSD components, assuring end-to-end integration and superb quality.
Optimized for enterprise environments
To deliver enterprise reliability and performance, Samsung PM1643 uses a native SAS 3.0 controller, supporting dual-port high availability needs.
To meet the demand of high utilization, highly virtualized enterprise environments, the PM1643 uses firmware that prioritizes quality of service (QoS) for sustained random workloads, which keeps virtual machines running quickly and smoothly. When the majority of mission-critical workloads rely on small-sized random read (4 KB or less), the PM1643 shows excellent performance to deliver high IOPS. The firmware is also optimized for always on, always busy workloads, and is ready to respond quickly to incoming host requests. With no moving parts to fail, the PM1643 delivers enterprise class reliability for critical business data.
Built for High-Density Deployments
With over twice the capacity of today’s highest capacity HDDs, the PM1643 enables enterprise system administrators to keep up with the growth of business data demands. The PM1643 delivers all the capacity—up to 30.72 TB—in a compact 2.5” form factor, rather than the bulky 3.5” form factor needed for high-capacity HDDs. The combination of a smaller form factor and higher capacity provides the critical capability to expand storage within existing infrastructure, rather than requiring costly new facilities. Features • World’s Largest Storage Density: By fitting more memory cells into a V-NAND chip, the PM1643 provides significantly more capacity-up to 30.72 terabytes (TB) in a 2.5” small form factor drive; Up to 737.28 TB can be stored in a 2U server.
• Exceptional Value: Using the latest Samsung 64-layer V-NAND flash memory, the powerful TLC flash memory employed in the PM1643 can address high-end enterprise applications, outperform planar MLC flash memory, and provide reliable solid state performance.
• High Performance: The PM1643 provides over 6 times the sequential read and write performance of the fastest 15K RPM HDDs 1, respectively. It also delivers wide bandwidth of up to 2,100 MB/s for sequential read speed. Random read and write speeds reach up to 400,000 IOPS and 50,000 IOPS, respectively.
• Power Efficiency: With no moving parts, the PM1643 achieves up to 2,000 MB/s sequential write speed at 13.5W power. This equals about 148 MB/s per watt, which is 4 times more power efficient than 15K RPM HDDs and a 60% improvement from Samsung’s previous generation PM1633a SAS SSD.
• Long-lasting Reliability: Enhanced software provides meta data protection as well as data retention and recovery from sudden power failures; and an error correction code (ECC) algorithm ensures high reliability and minimal storage maintenance. Also, the PM1643 offers an endurance level of one full drive write per day over a five- year warranty period, translating to up to 30.72 TB of data written every day over five years without fail. The SSD also provides a mean time between failure (MTBF) of two million hours.
|Host Controller Interface|
|Flash Memory Type||Samsung 64-Layer TLC 3D V-NAND|
|Max. Read||2100 MB/s|
|Max. Write||2000 MB/s|
|DRAM Cache Memory||N/A|
|DRAM Cache Memory Type|
|Max. Random Read 4K||450 K IOPS|
|Max. Random Write 4K||58 K IOPS|
|Power Consumption (active)||13.5|
|Max. Endurance Rating||1 drive write per day within 5years|
|MTBF||2 Million Hours|
|Max. Operating Vibration|
|Max. Non-operating Vibration|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Max. Non-operating Shock|
|Connectivity||1 x SAS-3 (12Gb/s)|
|Dimensions||100.20 x 69.85 x 14.80 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- 0330 (7267864)