Seagate 8TB SAS Enterprise Hard Disk Drive/HDD ST8000NM0075
Supporting the industry’s best response times for an 8TB a nearline drive, the Seagate® Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology.
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint available on the market. With innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild™, you can customise your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
World-Class Reliability Meets High-Capacity
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with the 8TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs, while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550TB/yr, and backed by 2M hours MTBF as well as a 5-Year Limited Warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD helps to ensure you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB per year, which is up to 10× the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives - on the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option1 or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
What’s In the Hard Drive?
• A super fast 8TBs of nearline storage, utilising Seagate’s latest advanced caching technology.
• At 550TB/yr, it’s 10× the workload rating of desktop drives.
• Proven conventional PMR technology backed by the highest field reliability ratings and an MTBF of 2M hours.
• 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration.
• Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data.
• 33% increase in capacity (over the previous generation).
• PowerBalance™ feature for customising lower power consumption and balanced performance.
• Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED3 drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal.
Capacity-Optimised Enterprise Hard Drive for Bulk-Data Applications
• 8TB, 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading 6-disk technology, resulting in 33% more storage in the same storage slot.
• Advanced Write Caching feature to utilise enhanced algorithms, resulting in the industry’s highest nearline storage workload performance efficiencies - 100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive.
• Widely accepted, proven ninth-generation conventional perpendicular recording technology for reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications.
• 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard advanced formats for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems.
• State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
• Industry-leading rotational vibration tolerance design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems.
• Engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr - 10× that of desktop drives.
• Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-coverattached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
• On-demand PowerBalance™ feature available for lower power/performance in random read/write environments.
• Seagate Secure™ Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for costsaving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection.
• Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring unnecessary downtime and maximising TCO. Features Best-Fit Applications:
• Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres with replicated storage
• Massive scale-out data centres and big data analytics
• High-capacity density RAID storage
• Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
• Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
• Enterprise backup and restore - D2D, virtual tape
• Centralised surveillance
|SSHD Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|SSHD Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Max. Operating Shock||70 G|
|Dimensions||101 x 147 x 26.1 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited
Date Issued: 25th Nov 2008
This How-2 Guide demonstrates how Windows Vista Service Pack 1 can be deployed on Windows Vista systems.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
When installing Windows XP, most of the time you’ll find that it has the basic drivers it needs to install itself. However, sometimes you might need to intervene. This tends to be the case if you have a special type of storage, such as Serial ATA or a RAID device.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Installing Windows from scratch for the first time can be a daunting experience. Usually you’ve just successfully built your first home-made PC and the last thing you need is for the OS installation to slow you down, so here’s a guide to what you’ll see along the way installing Windows XP
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
In this guide we will be examining a popular method used for increasing the performance and reliability of your hard drives and data storage
Date Issued: 23rd Aug 2005
If you've used a computer for any duration of time you'll have come across the terms “kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte” and so on. Then there's “kilobit, megabit and gigabit” to add a bit of confusion and to top it all off you've maybe heard or read terms like “gibibyte” on occasion.