MSI AMD Radeon RX480 ARMOR OC 8GB Polaris Graphics Card
8GB MSI Radeon RX 480 ARMOR OC, 14nm Polaris, PCIe 3.0, 8000MHz GDDR5, 1291MHz GPU, 2304 Streams, 2x DP/2x HDMI/DVI-D DL
Game in style & dare to be different with MSI’s unique ARMOR graphics cards. Inspired by advanced armour shielding with a classy black & white finish. ARMOR graphics cards are perfect for gamers and case modders who are looking for something different. This is where gaming meets class.
• Traditional Fan Blade: Maximizes downwards airflow and air dispersion to the massive heat sink below them.
• Dispersion Fan Blade: Intake more airflow to maximizes air dissipation to heat sink.
ARMOR 2X thermal design is equipped with two of the award winning MSI TORX fans. Thanks to the patented blade design, MSI TORX fans provide strong cooling performance while remaining incredibly silent.
ZeroFrozr: Stay Undetected
First introduced in 2008 by MSI, ZeroFrozr technology has made its mark and is now the industry standard among graphics cards. It eliminates fan noise by stopping the fans in low-load situations. This means you can focus on gaming without the noise of spinning fans.
• >60C Fans Spinning: During intense gaming or benchmarking.
• <60C Fans Stop: Completely silent during idle, multimedia or light gaming.
The Future of Gaming
AMD FreeSync Technology
The smoothest, fastest and most exciting gaming experience ever by eliminating screen tearing, display shutter and input lag.
Ultra-high resolution (UHD) delivers 4x the resolution of 1080p content, enabling much sharper and crisper images with delicate details during gaming.
Prepare for VR with MSI
To experience and enjoy the impressive world of Virtual Reality, high-performance hardware is required. MSI, world leading brand in high-end gaming and eSports, provides the right advice to make sure your system is VR Ready. Integrating the very best of cutting edge technologies in recommended MSI VR gaming hardware for smooth performance. Together with our VR partners, MSI brings gamers an extremely realistic VR experience where games come alive.
MSI Afterburner is the world’s most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking utility which gives you full control of your graphics cards. It also provides an incredibly detailed overview of your hardware and comes with some additional features such as customizing fan profiles, benchmarking and video recording.
Demand More, Demand Radeon: Guiding the Future of Gaming
The 4th generation GCN architecture is engineered for gamers who play anything from the latest MOBA’s to the most popular AAA titles. Asynchronous Shaders and an enhanced Geometry Engine power new levels of smooth gameplay performance.
• Immersive VR Experiences: Experience the next level of immersion with the world of VR gaming and entertainment with Radeon RX graphics cards powered by the revolutionary Polaris architecture.
• AMD FreeSync™ Technology: Puts an end to choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate.
• HDR Compatible: Enhanced contrast and colours deliver a strikingly sharp, colourful, and vivid visual experience. Features Armor 2X Thermal Design
• TORX Fan:
- Dispersion Fan Blade: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional Fan Blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
• Zero Frozr: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment.
• Advanced Airflow Control Technology: Improves cooling efficiency by using advanced aerodynamics to focus airflow.
Military Class 4 Components
• Certified to MIL-STD-810G standards for top stability and quality.
• Built with Hi-c CAP, Solid CAP, and New SFC components.
Afterburner Overclocking Utility
• Wireless control through Android/iOS devices.
• Predator: In-game video recording.
• Kombustor: built-in DirectX12 benchmark.
• Supports multi-GPU setups.
|Chipset||Radeon RX 480|
|Manufacturing Process||14 nm|
|Core Clock||1291 MHz|
|Memory Speed (Effective with DDR)||8000 MHz|
|Memory Data Rate|
|Memory Bus||256 Bit|
|Cooling Solution||Dual Fan (2)|
|Cooler Design||Armor 2X|
|Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|Maximum Digital Resolution||3840x2160 (Ultra HD)|
|Maximum Analog (VGA) Resolution||N/A|
|Max. Concurrent Displays||4 Displays|
|AMD CrossFire Support||2-Way CrossFire|
|AMD Freesync Support||Yes|
|AMD FreeSync Version|
|Microsoft DirectX Support||12 API|
|Low Profile Support||N/A|
|Graphics Card TDP/Power||150 W|
|Graphics Card Power Connectors||1 x 8-pin PCIe|
|Minimum Recommended PSU||500 W|
|Maximum GPU Temperature|
|Dimensions||125 x 38 x 269 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- 0870 820 0009
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2016
It's been a good start to the year for PC enthusiasts. Intel has unleashed the deca-core Core i7-6950X and Nvidia has served up a suitable partner in the form of the high-end GeForce GTX 1080. Handy, if you happen to have thousands of pounds to pour into your next PC, but for everyone else a more mainstream solution is needed to sate our appetites.