This Hynix's Fully Buffered DIMM is a high-bandwidth & large capacity channel solution that has a narrow host interface. Hynix's FB-DIMM features novel architecture including the Advanced Memory Buffer that isolates the DDR2 SDRAMs from the channel. This single component located in the front side center of each DIMM, acts as a repeater and buffer for all signals and commands which are exchanged between the host controller and the DDR2 SDRAMs including data in and output. The AMB communicates with the host controller and adjacent DIMMs on a system board using an industry standard Differential Point to Point Link Interface.
The AMB also allows buffering of memory traffic to support large memory capacities. All memory control for the DDR2 SDRAM devices resides in the host, including memory request initiation, timing, refresh, scrubbing, sparing, configuration access and power management. The AMB interface is responsible for handling channel and memory requests to and from the local FBDIMM and for forwarding request to other FBDIMMs on the memory channel.
• 240 pin Fully Buffered ECC Dual-In-Line DDR2 SDRAM Module
• JEDEC standard Double Data Rate2 Synchronous DRAMs (DDR2 SDRAMs)
• All inputs and outputs are compatible with SSTL_1.8 interface
• Built with 1Gb DDR2 SDRAMs in 60ball FBGA
• Host interface and AMB component industry standard compliant
• MBIST, IBIST test functions
• 8 Bank architecture
• OCD (Off-Chip Driver Impedance Adjustment)
• ODT (On-Die Termination)
• Fully differential clock operations (CK & CK)
• Programmable Burst Length 4 / 8 with both sequential and interleave mode
• Auto refresh and self refresh supported
• 8192 refresh cycles / 64ms
• Serial presence detect with EEPROM
• 133.35 x 30.35 mm form factor
• RoHS compliant
• Full DIMM Heat Spreader
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 8GB Hynix, Server, DDR2, PC2-5300 (667MHz), 240pins, ECC, Fullybuffered, CL 5-5-5 . Please choose from the list below.