The new AMD FirePro™ S9300 x2 Server GPU is the world’s first professional GPU accelerator to be equipped with high bandwidth memory (HBM) and the first accelerator compatible with all AMD’s GPUOpen Professional Compute tools and libraries. HBM allows the AMD FirePro S9300 x2 Server GPU to exceed the competition with 3.5x the memory bandwidth of NVIDIA’s Tesla M40 and 2.1x the memory bandwidth of NVIDIA’s Tesla K803.
Based on third generation AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, the AMD FirePro S9300 x2 server GPU delivers up to 13.9 TFLOPS of peak single-precision floating point performance – more than any other GPU accelerator available on the market today for single-precision compute4. Compared to Intel’s flagship Xeon E5 CPU, the raw performance advantage of the FirePro™ S9300 x2 GPU is even more dramatic – over 15X the memory bandwidth and over 12X the peak single precision performance6.
A great accelerator is not complete without having a great developer ecosystem. With AMD’s GPUOpen Professional Compute software stack, the AMD FirePro S9300 x2 Server GPU utilizes AMD’s first open source Linux® driver built specifically for compute, as well as support for acceleration using C++ in addition to OpenCL™. Another benefit for those who have code in CUDA, is the ability to easily port the majority of their code over to C++, giving companies the freedom to choose between vendors.
• The AMD FirePro™ S9300 x2 Server GPU offers the highest single precision floating point performance of any GPU accelerator.
• The AMD FirePro™ S9300 x2 Server GPU is the world’s first and only professional GPU equipped with high bandwidth (HBM) memory.
• The AMD FirePro™ S9300 x2 Server GPU supports AMD’s GPUOpen software stack, allowing developers to code and compile in C++ or OpenCL™.
• GPUOpen Professional Compute: Comprised of an open-source Linux driver optimized for compute, support for GPU acceleration using a new compiler to process code written in the C++ programming language, and other developer tools such as the Heterogeneous-compute Interface for Portability (HIP) Tool to port code written for CUDA to C++.
• Heterogeneous-compute Interface for Portability (HIP) Tool: Easily convert your code to C++ with this free, open source tool, while maintaining compatibility with CUDA compilers. The HIP tool allows developers to port the majority of their CUDA code over to C++ in a snap. Get started on the AMD FirePro S9300 x2 GPU, an open-source friendly accelerator from AMD, today.
• OpenCL™ 1.2 Support: Helps professionals tap into the parallel computing power of modern GPUs and multicore CPUs to accelerate compute-intensive tasks in leading CAD/CAM/CAE and Media & Entertainment applications that support OpenCL. The AMD FirePro S9300 x2 Server GPU supports OpenCL™ 1.2, allowing developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do.
• 13.9 TFLOPS of Peak Single Precision: Helps speed up time required to complete single precision floating point operations used within Simulations, Video Enhancement, Signal Processing, Video Transcoding and Digital Rendering applications where high performance takes precedence over accuracy. With the AMD FirePro™ S9300 x2 delivering 13.9 TFLOPS of peak single precision compute performance, one can configure a 2P server with 8 GPUs to achieve over 111 TFLOPS of peak single precision compute performance. In a standard 42U rack with 10x 4U servers, that’s potentially over 1 PFLOP of single precision compute performance!
• 870 GFLOPS of Peak Double Precision: Helps speed up time required to complete double precision floating point operations used within Computational Fluid Dynamics, Structural Mechanics, Reservoir Simulation and Aerodynamics applications, where numerical precision is mission critical.
• Half Precision (FP16) Support: Developers who do not need the accuracy of 32-bit mathematical operations can now use 16-bit operations to help achieve high performance through a more efficient use of memory bandwidth and reduced memory footprint.
• 8GB HBM Memory: HBM is a new type of memory design with low power consumption and ultra-wide communication lanes. It uses vertically stacked memory chips interconnected by microscopic wires called “through-silicon vias,” or TSVs, placed directly onto the interposer, shortening the distance information has to travel between memory and processor.
• AMD PowerTune: AMD PowerTune Technology is an intelligent power management system that monitors both GPU activity and power draw. AMD PowerTune optimizes the GPU to deliver low power draw when GPU workloads do not demand full activity and delivers the optimal clock speed to ensure the highest possible performance within the GPU’s power budget for high intensity workloads.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 8GB AMD FirePro S9300X2, Server GPU, Passive Cooling, Standard Air Flow, 8GB HBM Memory, PCIe 3.0 x16 . Please choose from the list below.