The latest additions to the Thecus line offer significant improvements in performance thanks to their high quality processor, the Intel® Pentium® G850 Dual Core CPU, and 10GbE technology. Thecus’s AES 256-bit RAID volume encryption tool allows users to fully encrypt their entire RAID volume, defending essential data even in instances of theft. Make your NAS into the ultimate multimedia hub! The N8810U’s HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for device management.
AES 256-bit RAID Volume Encryption
Thecus’s AES 256-bit RAID volume encryption tool allows users to fully encrypt their entire RAID volume, defending essential data even in instances of theft.
Data Guard backup solution is the ultimate software as it provides both local and remote parts. Currently, data is backed up across RAID volumes, external USB drives, and eSATA. In addition, Data Guard uses innovative technology to sync data across the network to other NAS and servers. More importantly, Thecus® Data Guard is the total backup solution which makes managing NAS user-friendly and convenient.
NAS data can now be burned directly to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs with Data Burn, this hassle-free module makes burning data to a disk effortless. In addition, burning ISO image file is also supported. Whether you’re managing audio, media or essential files; Data Burn copies information fast while significantly reducing waiting time. The process of burning file to disk is now easy and smooth with Data Burn module.
Link aggregation can sustain multiple network connections and provide redundancy in case one of the links fails. Thecus NAS supports 7 modes which provide Load Balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, and Balance-ALB, Broadcast.
Thecus’ innovative hardware helps prevent failures. But sometimes you have to protect the NAS against itself. Adding an antivirus to the already comprehensive software bundle will provide the necessary software protection by scanning the files on your NAS and defending it against possible threats. McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company and shares Thecus’ spirit of dedication and quality. By establishing a strong partnership with them, Thecus will allow users the benefit of McAfee’s powerful software on their NAS entirely for free.
The private and public clouds meet with Thecus’ new DropBox, Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive cloud backup functionality! Guard your data with RAID at home and an additional level of protection in the Cloud. Just drag and drop files into the folder on your NAS and access them on any computer or mobile device with DropBox, Amazon S3 or ElephantDrive.
Make your NAS into the ultimate multimedia hub! The N8810U’s HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for device management.
USB 3.0 Connectivity
The next generation of connectivity is here with speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0. Whether connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS, USB 3.0 will make sure it's done in no time at up to 5 Gbit/s. Backwards compatibility adds the connectivity of a world full of USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
Acronis True Image
Thecus brings the best to the table with Acronis’s advanced backup software. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS truly let you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
Multiple File Systems
Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, Btrfs and XFS, gives Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to get the best of each one.
Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
In the modern world, nothing is as important as reaching your data from anywhere. With T-OnTheGo and the T-Dashboard, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
Backing up your data is very necessary, and everyone has specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus’s Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, User Quota make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
• Processor: Intel® Pentium G850 (2.9GHz Dual Core)
• System Memory: 4GB DDR3 ECC Memory
• LAN Interface (PCI-e): RJ-45x2: Intel 82574L 10/100/1000 BASE-TX Auto MDI/MDI-X, WOL supported
• USB Interface:
- USB 2.0 host port x6 (front x2, back x4)
- USB 3.0 host port x2 (back x2)
• LCM Module: Displays system status and information
• 10GbE NIC: (Optional x1)
• HDMI Output: HDMI port (back x1)
• VGA Output: VGA port (back x1)
• Disk Interface: 8 x SATA for internal
• Power Supply: Redundant power supply 400W or more (80plus)
• PCI-e x8 Slot: 1
• Thermal/Fan Control: Thermal sensor on processor temperature
• System Fan: Hot swappable (x4)
• System Clock: Battery-backed up system clock
• Power Management: Auto power on after shutdown due to power loss
• Buzzer: Adjustable frequency alarm
- Power button
- LCM button (ENT, ESC, UP, DOWN)
- Temperature: 5°C to 40°C
- Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
• Chassis: 2U Rack mount
• Dimensions (HxWxD): 90 x 428 x 586 (mm)
• Weight: 15.88(Kgs)(NAS only)
• RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
• Auto-rebuild: Supported
• Hot-swap: Supported
• Dedicated Hot Spare: Supported
• Global Hot Spare: Supported
• RAID Level Migration: Supported
• RAID Level Expansion: Supported
• RAID Volume Encryption: AES256bit
• Power Management: Available spin-down on idle setting
• Bad Block Scanning: Supported
• SMART Info: Supported
• SMART Test: Supported
• Disk Roaming: Supports volume-based roaming to other Thecus NAS (Require ThecusOS 5 64 bit)
• Configuration: Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address
• Transport Protocols: TCP/IP/AppleTalk
• File Protocols: SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
• Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
• TCP/IP: IPV6 & IPV4
• DDNS: Supported
• SSH: Supported
• UPnP: Supported
• UPnP Port forwarding: Supported
• System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, memory, network utilization and protocols access user count
• Syslog Management:
- Send syslog to assigned location
- Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
• Client OS Support:
- Windows XP and after
- Windows Server 2003 and after
- Mac OS X
• FTP: Built-in FTP server with bandwidth control
• Secure FTP: Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
• Download Manager:
- BT download (via Transmission module)
- NZB download (via NZB module)
• Printer Server (IPP):
- Supports USB printers
- Supports a wide range of IPP printers
- Client can manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
• Client Incremental Data Backup: Acronis True image (OEM version)
• Client System Disaster Recovery: Acronis True image (OEM version)
• Client Side Backup Software: Thecus Backup Utility (Windows/Mac OS X)
• Data Burn:
- Create files to ISO image and burn to optical disc
- Create files to ISO image
- Read ISO image from optical disc and write to NAS
• Mac OS X Time Machine: Supported
• Data Guard: Remote Backup/Local Backup
Block Level Access
• iSCSI Target/Initiator: Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/Linux initiators and Thecus NAS targets
• iSCSI Thin Provisioning: Supported
• iSCSI VAAI: Supported
• MPIO: Supported
• MCS: Supported
• Clustering: Supported
• SCSI3 Persistent Group Reservation: Supported
• Scheduled Power On/Off: Supported
• Multiple RAID: Supported
• Multiple File System Selectable: EXT3/EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
• iTunes Server: Supports AAC, MP3 w/ID3 tag and WAV
• Piczza!™ Photo Server (via module):
- Supports GIF, JPG (JPEG), BMP and PNG
- Supports EXIF display
- Supports slide shows
• Media Server: Supports uPnP AV streaming protocol (via Module)
• Local User: Supports built-in user accounts
• Local Group: Supports built-in user groups
• Windows ADS: Supported
• LDAP: Supported
• Access Guard: Supports Black & White list/IP Filter
• DropBox: Supported (via module)
• ElephantDriver: Supported (via module)
• Amazon S3: Supported
• Type: Journaling File System
• Language Support: Unicode Support
• Authorization (ACL): "Read", "write", or "deny" privileges to individual users or groups in folders and sub-folders
• User Quota: Supported
• Snapshot: Supported
• User Interface: Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish and Czech.
• Utility Program:
- MS Windows Setup Wizard
- Supports Windows XP and after
- Mac OS X Setup Wizard
• Email Notifications: Sends system messages via email to the system administrator
• SNMP Trap: System information trap out
Mobile Applications (iOS/Android)
• T-Dashboard: Mobile monitoring and administration (via module)
• T-OnTheGo™: Upload, download and stream multimedia
• Virus Scan: Supports McAfee® (via module)
• Stackable: Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS
• Recycle Bin: Supported
• Web Disk: Supported (via module)
• Web Server: Supported (via module)
• ISO Mount: Supported
• IP Cam Surveillance: Supports up to 10 IP cameras (via module)
• Auto Module Installation: Thecus' module server automatically provides the latest modules and updates through the user interface.
• Local Display: X-Window via HDMI output
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 8 Bay Thecus N8810U SATA Business Tower 2U NAS Rackmount, Intel Pentium G850 2.9GHz, 4GB DDR3 ECC, Dual GbE LAN . Please choose from the list below.