Qnap 8 Bay 10GbE Desktop NAS
8-Bay Qnap TS-832X-2G NAS, 10GbE SFP+, 2GB DDR4, 8x 2.5”/3.5” SATA III, PCIe 2.0 x1 & x2, 3x USB 3.0
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Quad-core CPU and dual 10GbE SFP+ ports
The TS-832X is equipped with an AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company Alpine AL-324 quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A57 processor with 2GB/8GB DDR4 RAM (upgradable to 16GB) and supports SATA 6Gb/s. When processing AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption, the TS-832X also provides unmatched encryption performance while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the NAS. The TS-832X comes with two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks, delivering a major speed increase for virtualization tasks, fast backup & restoration, and large-data applications.
Extend NAS functionality with two PCIe slots
The TS-832X features two PCIe slots (1 x PCIe Gen2 x1, 1 x PCIe Gen2 x2) that allow for installing various expansion cards for greater application potential.
• 10GbE adapters: Support lightning-fast throughput for bandwidth-demanding tasks such as fast backup/restoration for an ever-growing amount of data and virtualization.
• QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE PCIe cards: Add M.2 SSD caching or 10GbE (10GBASE-T) connectivity to the NAS to enjoy optimal performance.
• USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) cards: USB 3.1 provides faster maximum speeds of 10Gb/s – double that of USB 3.0 – to greatly boost data transfer performance, allowing compatibility with newer, faster USB devices for transferring large-sized media files.
• Wireless network cards: Use WirelessAP Station along with a PCIe wireless network card (for example: QNAP QWA-AC2600) to transform the NAS into a convenient wireless base station, allowing network resources of the NAS to be shared with multiple devices.
SSD caching and auto tiering enable optimized storage efficiency
The TS-832X supports SSD caching to improve the workflow of random IOPS demanding applications. Qtier™ Technology empowers the TS-832X with automatic tiering that continuously optimizes storage utilization across high-performance SSD and high-capacity SATA drives. The new Qtier™ 2.0 features IO-awareness that empowers SSD-tiered storage with a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time, greatly maximizing the advantages of SSD.
Snapshots – a modern way to protect data
Essential for NAS data protection, snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and the metadata. You can use the Storage & Snapshots Manager or File Station to easily manage snapshots and quickly restore the system to its normal state if an error occurs. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data.
Upgrade your IT environment with QNAP's fast and affordable 10GbE Switch!
QNAP 10GbE/NBASE-T™ unmanaged switches allow you to instantly upgrade your network environment at a cost-effective price. With a 10GbE network you can enjoy blazing-fast transfer speeds, empower bandwidth-demanding tasks like virtualization, and enable simultaneous real-time access to large NAS-based files using multiple workstations (ideal for video editing and multimedia). QNAP also provides a 10GbE PCIe network expansion card for Windows®/Linux® PCs to take advantage of high-speed LAN environments.
Host container applications
Container Station integrates LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies. You can download apps from the built-in Docker Hub® to easily import/export container apps and manage access controls, enjoying the benefit of easy installation, transferability and high-efficiency as well as rapidly deploying application services across several platforms including the cloud, servers, and PCs.
QTS – The intelligent, intuitive and creative NAS operating system
With multiple modularized applications and functions, QTS enhances management efficiency, personal productivity, multimedia, and much more, making your NAS experience easier, efficient, and more flexible! The built-in App Center with hundreds of install-on-demand apps also opens up vast potential for extensive NAS functionality. The new Qboost provides a NAS optimization tool that helps accelerate applications, free up system resources, and schedule applications. QTS breaks the barriers of devices, platforms, and geography to bring you advanced features and optimized cloud experiences.
Optimized collaboration with seamless file sharing and sync
The TS-832X centrally stores data and files, and supports SMB/CIFS, AFP and NFS protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® networks. Coupled with Qsync (a utility that turns a QNAP NAS into a safe, high-capacity data center for file synchronization) any file uploaded to the TS-832X will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. You can sync shared folders and team folders for group file sharing to enhance the flexibility of team projects and collaboration. Files can be centrally managed using File Station, including files from mobile devices and optical disc drives. File Station also allows you to mount a remote NAS, and transfer files between your NAS and public cloud services for greater convenience.
Complete backup planning
The TS-832X provides a reliable, flexible backup & disaster recovery solution to assist organizations in routine backup jobs with cost-efficiency and high productivity.
• Snapshots for Volume & LUN: Block-based snapshots are a dependable method for protecting data in the face of the growing threat of ransomware. Snapshots can be taken by schedule or manually and then backed up to other NAS/servers to provide an all-encompassing backup solution.
• Windows and Mac backup: Use the free QNAP NetBak Replicator utility to back up/restore files from Windows® computers. Time Machine® is also supported for Mac® users. It is easy, fast and convenient.
• Hybrid Backup Sync: Consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization functions (using RTRR, rsync, FTP, CIFS/SMB) for easily transferring data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces as a comprehensive data storage and disaster recovery plan.
Whole new QVR Pro surveillance solution
QNAP’s new QVR Pro surveillance solution allows you to arrange a dedicated, independent storage space for surveillance data on the TS-832X and leverage the advantages of storage manageability from QTS. With QVR Pro, camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view and playback is greatly simplified. You can also use the QVR Pro Client mobile app to monitor your cameras from anywhere, or use USB webcams as ONVIF network camera with the QUSBCam2 app.
Flexible and economical storage expansion
You need an easy solution to increase storage capacity when running out of space. QNAP provides several ways to expand your NAS storage as needed to accommodate data and business growth.
• Upgrade RAID Capacity: Hot swap lower-capacity drives with larger-capacity drives so that your QNAP NAS can grow with your business.
• Migrate to a New NAS: Install your NAS hard drives into a larger QNAP NAS and retain all your existing data and configurations.
• Attach Expansion Enclosures: Connect two UX-800P or UX-500P expansion enclosures and use the Storage & Snapshots Manager to easily handle NAS capacity expansion.
Expand storage capacity of other QNAP NAS with Virtual JBOD
QNAP VJBOD (Virtual JBOD) is network-based JBOD, allowing you to expand the storage capacity of your QNAP NAS with unused storage space from other QNAP NAS. The unused storage capacity of the TS-832X can be mounted as local disks in other NAS, and you can create virtual storage pools and volumes for operating NAS services to maximize storage utilization.
• Qfiling: Automates file organization. Files are well-organized and archived based on your settings.
• Qsirch: A powerful full-text search engine to quickly and precisely find media files, documents, and emails.
• QmailAgent: Centrally manage and switch between different email accounts, back up emails to the NAS, and safeguard email security and personal privacy.
• IFTTT Agent: A popular web automation service for combining QNAP NAS and mobile devices/apps to customize NAS applets.
• Browser Station: Enable remote access through NAS-hosted web browsers to access local LAN resources without needing complex VPN settings.
• QIoT Suite Lite: Combines the security and large capacity potential of QNAP NAS while providing an IoT solution on a private cloud. It only takes three steps to quickly deploy your own IoT application. Features • 10GbE SFP+: Dual 10GbE SFP+ ports for accelerating virtualization and massive file sharing.
• PCIe: PCIe expandability allows for 10GbE adapters, QM2 cards, USB 3.1 10Gbps cards, or wireless network cards.
• Qtier: Qtier™ technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.
• Snapshots: Snapshots fully record system status and data, allowing you to protect files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.
• LXC & Docker support: Supports LXC and Docker® containers for rapidly deploying application services across platforms including the cloud, servers, and PCs.
• Cloud support: Secure private cloud supporting centralized storage, backup, sharing, disaster recovery, and storage capacity expansion.
|NAS Form Factor||Desktop|
|Max. Storage Capacity|
|HDD Interface||8 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|HDD Form Factor||8 x 3.5"/2.5"|
|Internal Flash Memory||No|
|Internal Flash Memory Capacity||512MB|
|CPU Model||ARM Cortex A57|
|CPU Speed||1.7 GHz|
|RAM Memory Included||2GB (1x2GB)|
|RAM Memory Type||DDR4|
|Max. RAM Memory Supported||16GB (1x16GB)|
|Cache Drive Interface|
|Included Cache Drive Capacity|
|Included Cache Drive Type|
|LAN Type||1GbE + 10GbE|
|Noise Level||20.7 dB(A)|
|PSU Wattage||250 W|
|Max. Power Consumption|
|Dimensions||329.3 x 188.2 x 279.6 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 0871 472 4747