Gigabyte 2U 8 Bay 8x GPU Dual Xeon Scalable HPC Server
8-Bay Gigabyte G291-281, 2U BB 8x GPU HPC Rack Server, 2x s3647, 24x DDR4, 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA Hot-Swap, 8+2 PCIe, 2x 2000W
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Introducing GIGABYTE’s new generation of motherboards and systems built around Intel’s Skylake Purley architecture - ‘Intel Xeon Scalable’. This new product family provides a wealth of new options in scalability - across compute, network and storage - to deliver solutions for a range of applications.
GIGABYTE’s system design and engineering expertise applied to this Intel Xeon Scalable series enables it to meet the increasingly diverse requirements of the industry, from entry-level HPC to large scale clusters.
Intel’s Xeon Scalable platform brings improved features and functionality at both the host and fabric levels. These enable performance improvements - both natively on chip and for future extensibility through compute, network and storage peripherals.
Xeon Scalable CPU Key Features:
• 28 Compute Cores.
• 6 Memory Channels.
• 48 PCIe Lanes.
• Intel Optane™ Support.
• Intel Omni-Path Ready.
• Memory Optimization: Memory speeds of up to 2666MHz, with up to 12 DIMMs per socket.
• Storage: Built-in support for VROC & Intel Optane ready.
• Networking: Intel Omni-Path ready.
Increased Memory Performance
• The CPU architecture allows for up to 6 memory channels per socket and a bandwidth of up to 2666MHz.
• The architecture is future-ready with the potential to support Apache Pass DIMM.
• Memory capacity benefits with up to available 12 DIMMs per socket, which represents a 50% generation-on-generation increase.
Innovative Storage, Security and Networking
• Innovative storage options through Intel Optane™ low-latency, non-volatile design.
• These systems ship as standard with a Virtual Raid-On-CPU (VROC*) module to enable software raid on connected SSDs. * VROC is available by default on NVMe SKU.
• Support for SATA-DOM is available to allow for standalone boot and diagnostics direct through SATA connections on the board.
Integrated QAT for improved compression and security with software. On the hardware side, extra encryption on-board is enabled by TPMs available from GIGABYTE.
Improved networking through Omni-Path interconnect fabric as a CPU-integrated or standalone device.
High Density HPC: Supports 8x Computing Cards
Able to support up to 8 double slot GPGPU or co-processor cards, the G291 enables world-leading HPC within a 2U chassis. The G291 is ideal for accelerating development of AI, deep learning, real time analytics, programs in scientific simulation and modelling, engineering, visualization & rendering, data mining, and much more.
GIGABYTE continues to innovate with generation-on-generation improvements, responding to market needs with user-friendly advancements, including:
• Increasing overall storage capacity by utilizing space beside the front HDD cage. This enables an optional 2 internal extra SSD (7mm) to be deployed.
Optimized for High TDP
GIGABYTE systems are thermally designed with the highest rated CPU SKUs in mind so that top performance is enabled which ever Xeon Scalable CPU you choose.
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE’s passive components are meticulously selected to guarantee a super stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. With some of the longest service lifetimes in the industry, our server motherboards are built with ultra-long lasting components to attain the highest reliability levels.
Ease of Deployment and Management
GIGABYTE continues to be responsive to market needs and to create user-friendly solutions, including:
• Tool-less rail kit included as a default across all new server models.
• In-house designed proprietary tool-less sleds for 3.5” HDDs to allow for easy swapping*.
• Supplying multiple connector options and tools where appropriate.
*A full toolkit is included with SKUs designed for 2.5” HDDs.
Efficient, Reliable Power Supply
GIGABYTE’s Xeon Scalable servers are designed to guarantee high conversion efficiency regardless of load. Redundant 80 Plus ‘Platinum’ PSUs, combined with GIGABYTE’s precision engineering, translates to super-efficient power usage which maximizes the system’s power:performance ratio and reduces OPEX for the user.
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE’s proprietary software, ‘GIGABYTE Server Management’, is designed to provide an effortless user experience. This software can be downloaded as a ‘GSM Client’/ ‘GSM Agent’/ ‘GSM Server’ module – depending on user applications - all of which are IPMI and Redfish compliant. Through these protocols, users and administrators can manage and monitor their server groups easily and remotely through multiple concurrent sessions.
GIGABYTE BMC Interface
Easy BIOS Upgrade
GIGABYTE has developed this integrated function (requiring no additional software) that allows users to update the BIOS of motherboards through the BMC controller:
• No need to install core components such as CPUs, memory, drives and OS.
• No need to power on the system (NB. PSU must be connected).
• Update individual (IMPI 2.0) or multiple boards simultaneously (CMD).
Custom Fan Speed Control (FSC)
GIGABYTE’s Dynamic Fan Policy is yet another feature designed to bring ease-of-use to administrators. With this function, individual servers can be orchestrated through both the BIOS and GIGABYTE’s proprietary software to maintain the optimal profile for current usage.
• Performance mode.
• Full load.
• Idle mode.
GIGABYTE maintains its commitment to green products, and adheres to the latest RoHS regulations (in effect July 2017). Features • Supports up to 8x double slot GPU cards.
• NVIDIA® validated GPU platform; Supports for NVIDIA® Tesla® GPUs.
• Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family.
• 6-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4, 24x DIMMs.
• 2x 10Gb/s BASE-T LAN ports.
• 1x Dedicated management port.
• 8x 2.5" hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays.
• 8x PCIe Gen3 expansion slots for GPUs.
• 2x PCIe x16 Half-length low-profile slots for add-on cards.
• Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller.
• Dual 2000W 80 PLUS Titanium redundant/hot-swap power supply.
|Form Factor||2U Rackmount|
|CPU Type||Intel Xeon Scalable Processors|
|No. of Threads||N/A|
|CPU Cooler||Air Cooled|
|Max. TDP||205 W|
|CPU Socket||3647 x2|
|Motherboard Form Factor||Bespoke/Custom|
|Memory Capacity Included||N/A|
|Memory Channels||Hex (6) per CPU/Socket|
|Memory Type (ECC)|
|Memory Type (R/U)||RDIMM / LRDIMM|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||1536GB (24x64GB)|
|Processor/Motherboard Graphics Chip||Aspeed AST2500 Integrated|
|Discrete GPU Chipset|
|GPU Manufacturing Process|
|GPU Cores/Streams/Execution Units|
|GPU Tensor Cores||N/A|
|Base GPU Speed||N/A|
|Max. GPU Speed||N/A|
|GPU Memory Size|
|GPU Memory Type|
|GPU Memory Clock|
|GPU Memory Bus|
|Discrete GPU Cooler|
|Max. GPU Resolution|
|Graphics Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|HDD Storage Included||No|
|HDD Storage Type|
|HDD Storage Capacity||N/A|
|Drive Bays||8 x 2.5" SAS-3/SATA III Hot-Swap (External, Front)|
|Backplane I/O||8 x SAS-3 (12Gb/s)/SATA3 (6Gb/s) Ports (Front)|
|RAID Support||Intel® SATA RAID 0/1/10/5|
|Network Interface Type||Dual Wired 10G LAN + Mgmt LAN|
|Cooling Fans||8 x 80mm|
|Keyboard / Mouse Included||No|
|Remote Control Included||No|
|PSU Wattage||2000 W|
|PSU Efficiency Rating||80 PLUS Titanium|
|Operating System Included||No|
|Operating System||O/S Not Included - Please Buy Separately|
|Dimensions||448 x 87.5 x 800 (mm WxHxD)|
|Notes||*SAS card is required, not included, for SAS devices. *System validated for population of uniform GPU models. *Mixed GPU populations are not supported.|
|SSD Storage Included||No|
|SSD Storage Type|
|SSD Storage Capacity|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days