Convergent Design 7.7 inch Odyssey7Q+ OLED Monitor + 4K Recorder
7.7" Odyssey 7 by Convergent Design, Professional Portable OLED Monitor and 4K Recorder, 1280x800, HDMI/SDI, Touchscreen
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
OLED monitor with tools, raw and video recorder for HD thru 4k, multi-stream monitor/switcher
Supports AJA Raw capture with CION 4K Production Camera.
The odyssey7q+ is the most advanced, most capable, most versatile monitor/recorder in the world. The odyssey7q+ can record HD/2k/UHD/4k. It can record them via SDI and HDMI. It can record raw (with record options), uncompressed DPX, and apple ProRes 422 (HQ). The odyssey7q+ features an OLED 1280x800 monitor with true blacks, accurate colours, extended colour gamut and a 176 degree viewing angle.
Along with the best image in the industry, the odyssey7q+ also features an extensive array of image analysis tools, including an RGB waveform, RGB histogram, false colour, pixel zoom with finger drag, three-mode focus assist and monitoring luts.
The unique multi-stream monitoring mode allows up to four HD video inputs to be viewed at once in a quad-split view or to be live-switched between in full screen. The odyssey7q+ weighs a little over one pound, is just one inch thick and can run on any power source from 6.5-34 volts.
The odyssey7q+ features a 7.7" OLED screen with 1280x800 resolution. The OLED display provides true blacks and accurate colours. A full complement of image analysis tools include a waveform (luma or RGB parade), a histogram (luma or RGB parade), zebra, programmable false colour, pixel zoom with finger drag, a three-mode focus assist and luts. The included luts provide proper viewing of the log and raw modes available from numerous popular cameras, with programmable luts coming in the future. These tools are controlled by the easy to use touchscreen interface and are available to view on the OLED or optionally on the SDI and HDMI video outputs of the odyssey7q+.
The odyssey7q+ is able to record more formats and signal types than any other recorder in the world. Included in the odyssey7q+ is apple ProRes recording in HD/2k up to 60p and UHD/4k up to 30p. Also included is uncompressed DPX video recording in HD/2k in 10/12-bit up to 60p. Record options available for purchase and/or rent via this website allow recording of arriraw (alexa), canon cinema raw (c500) Sony fs raw (fs7/fs700 and POV raw (Io industries, Indiecam). Fs raw and canon cinema raw also feature the ability to convert raw signals into video and recording in apple ProRes. Additional recording formats will be added via firmware updates. Recording is to fast and reliable odyssey SSDs, available in 256g, 512g and 1tb sizes. Two SSD slots allow for extended record times and high dataload recording.
All formats are available for immediate playback directly on the odyssey7q+. Full deck controls or tablet-style touchscreen scrubbing through clips makes playback quick and easy. On ProRes files, clip markers are available to quickly pinpoint important material. Image analysis tools are also available in play mode.
View up to four HD video signals at once as a quad-split screen, or live-switch between inputs. Great for multi-camera shoots and internet streamed productions. Future record options will allow recording of four separate simultaneous apple ProRes files, including a live-switch file and an edit decision list (edl) in an xml file.
Use odyssey7q+ as a monitor today on any modern camera. Add an odyssey SSD and the odyssey7q+ is ready to record. When shooting with a raw output camera, record options can be purchased off the website at any time. Firmware updates continue to expand and refine the capabilities of the odyssey7q+
Affordable has never been this versatile
The same price as comparable OLED monitors in the market today, at us list $2295 the odyssey7q+ is the best on-camera monitor in the industry, plus it's the most capable and versatile recorder available.
Lightweight, low power, smart design
Clever design and a magnesium alloy case keeps the odyssey7q+ to just over 1lb (560g). The odyssey7q+ consumes 8-19w depending on mode, can run on anything from 6.5-34v, and has no fans or venting to make noise or let in the elements. Protect your 7Q+ with a cage and handle rig from SHAPE.
• OLED technology: Extremely accurate colour and contrast with true inky blacks and brilliant whites. This is an image trustworthy of designing lighting and setting exposure.
• Intuitive UI: Odyssey's capacitive touch screen compliments the intuitive user interface. No need to fumble through unlabelled function buttons, lengthy menus, or scrolling. All information is literally at your fingertips!
• HDMI and SDI I/O: HD/2k/UHD/4k recording over HDMI or SDI w/ conversion
• SDI-HDMI Converter: Conveniently built into the unit, easily convert signals and output to HDMI or multiple SDI ports.
• View monitor out - record clean video: Display the monitor-out (viewfinder data) on the OLED while recording a clean video signal.
• Lut support: Arri log-c, canon c-log, Sony s-log, s-log 2, s-log 3
• Aspect ratio guides: Standard and custom (user adjustable), may be used for framing guides, horizontal/vertical framing guides available
• Focus Assist: Video + edges (peaking), edges only, enhanced edges, user choice of colour: red, green, or blue
• Zebras: Adjustable Zebra exposure indicators
• False colour: False colour with 5 programmable levels
• Waveform: Luma only, RGB parade, red only, blue only, green only, full size and compact size options
• Histogram: Luma only, RGB parade, red only, blue only, green only, full size and compact size options
• Pixel zoom: 1:1 and 2:1 Image magnification with frame drag
• Output downscaling: Output 1080p HD via HDMI or SDI from 4k/UHD source (allows for additional on-set monitoring)
• Multi-stream display: Display four simultaneous 1080 or 720 HD streams, HD-SDI and HDMI inputs supported in multiple formats
• Digital/analog audio: Multi-channel audio support via SDI, HDMI or 3.5mm analog ports
• Timecode: Timecode: ltc I/O (bnc) or embedded timecode via HD-SDI & HDMI (limited to specific cameras
• In/out markers: In/out markers set during recording can be used during start/stop/playback and exported to nle.
• Upgradeable: Raw recording options available for purchase or rental through our website. (Sony raw, canon raw, arriraw, POV raw)
• Dual SSD support: Dual drive architecture allows for long record time, high frame rate and high data rate recording.
• Rugged design: Magnesium alloy case for extreme durability in harsh conditions
Manufactured in the USA
At Convergent Design we take great pride in the products we design and manufacture. Our products are developed, designed, manufactured, tested and serviced in our facility in Colorado Springs, CO by product designers, engineers and technicians that truly care about the quality and commitment that goes into every unit.
You can take pride in knowing that your Convergent Design device is manufactured to the highest possible standards and supported by our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Features • Display: 7.7" OLED, 1280x800, RGB 8-bit panel, ~ 16 million colors, wide gamut, 3400:1 contrast, 176° viewing, true blacks
• SDI Video I/O: HD-SDI/1.5G / 3G support: Single/Dual/Quad Link inputs (HD/2K/Ultra-HD & 4K supported), Dual HD-SDI 1.5G outputs, Full-size BNCs
• HDMI Video Input: HDMI I/O Version 1.4a support, 10-bit 422, up to 1080p60, up to 30fps in Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160) and up to 24fps in 4K (4096 x 2160)
• HDMI Video Output: HDMI I/O Version 1.4a support, 8-bit 422, up to 1080p30
• LUT Support: ARRI Log-C, CANON C-Log, SONY S-Log, S-Log 2, S-Log 3
• Focus Assist: Video + Edges (Peaking), Edges Only, Enhanced Edges, user choice of color: Red, Green, or Blue
• Zebras: Adjustable zebra exposure indicators
• False Color: False Color with 5 programmable levels
• Waveform: Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
• Histogram: Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
• Pixel Zoom: 1:1 and 2:1 Image Magnification with frame drag
• Multi-Stream Display: Display four independent 1080 or 720 HD streams simultaneously (Quad-split) with live-switch capability - 4 x SDI or 3 x SDI & 1 HDMI
• Digital Audio I/O: 2-channel SDI or HDMI embedded audio (48KHz, 24-bit)
• Analog Audio I/O: 3.5mm port for line level 2-channel unbalanced or 1-channel balanced input up to -10dB, 48KHz, 24-bit, 3.5mm stereo headphone output, adjustable
• Remote** and Timecode: Timecode: LTC I/O (BNC) or embedded SDI / HDMI, (FUTURE) RS-232 I/O programmable GPIO.
• User Interface: Capacitive Touchscreen, three mechanical keys
• DC Power Input: 6.5 to 34VDC with built-in reverse polarity protection; locking power connector, built-in power switch
• Power Draw: 8 watts (monitor only), 9 to 18 watts (depending on selected record mode)
• Sound Level: Silent, no fan or vents
• Weight and Size: 560 grams / 1.2 lbs., 7.9” x 6.1” x 1.0” (200 x 155 x 25 mm), -10 to +40°c (Operating), -20 to +70°c (storage)
• Operating Temperature: -10 to +40°c (Operating) -20 to +70°c (Storage)
• Output Downscaling: Output 1080p HD via HDMI or SDI from 4K/UHD source (allows for additional on-set monitoring)
• Record Triggers: Touchscreen, SDI record trigger (ARRI, CANON, PANASONIC, RED, SONY), HDMI (SONY, CANON, PANASONIC), Timecode, Remote Cable (Optional Accessory)
• Recording Media (Dual SSD Slots): Convergent Design Premium 2.5” SSDs with power-loss protection, in 256GB, 512GB and 1 TB sizes, 420Mb/sec write, 500Mb/sec read speed, compatible with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt Adapters. SSDs and adapters sold separately.
• Recording Formats (Compressed):
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) / Apple ProRes 422 / Apple ProRes 422(LT)
- 4K/UHD 10-bit YCC 422 up to 30 fps
- 2K/1080p 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60 fps
- 1080i 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60i
- 720p 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60 fps
• Recording Formats (Uncompressed):
- 2K/1080p RGB 10/12-bit 444 up to 30fps, in DPX File Format
- 1080p RGB 10-bit 444 up to 60fps, in DPX File Format
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited