Seagate 6TB Exos 7E8 3.5" SAS Nearline Enterprise HDD/Hard Drive
6TB Seagate ST6000NM0095 Exos 7E8 Enterprise, 3.5" HDD, SAS-3 (12Gb/s), 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 512E, 4.16ms, OEM
By DPD On 17th Dec 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The Seagate® Exos™ 7E8 enterprise hard drive confidently stores up to 8 TB of data without sacrificing performance. The high-capacity, high-performance drives are optimised for demanding enterprise bulk data applications.
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos 7E8 hard drives support up to 8 TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data centre infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E8 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field-proven 9th generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of up to 550 TB per year — 10× that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interface options. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
• Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres.
• Massive scale-out data centres.
• OLTP and HPC applications.
• High-capacity density RAID storage.
• Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays.
• Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph.
• Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
• Centralised surveillance. Features • 3.0/6.0/12.0 Gb Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface.
• 128 - deep task set (queue).
• Dedicated head load/unload zone.
• Drive Self Test (DST).
• Embedded servo design.
• Firmware downloadable using the SAS interface.
• Flawed logical block reallocation at format time.
• Idle Read After Write (IRAW).
• Industry standard SFF 3.5-in dimensions.
• Integrated dual port SAS controller supporting the SCSI protocol.
• Jumperless configuration..
• No preventive maintenance or adjustments required.
• Perpendicular recording technology.
• Power Save.
• Programmable auto write and read reallocation.
• Programmable logical block reallocation scheme.
• Reallocation of defects on command (Post Format).
• SAS Power Disable.
• Seagate RAID Rebuild.
• Self diagnostics performed when power is applied to the drive.
• Support for SAS expanders and fanout adapters.
• Supports up to 32 initiators.
• Tarnish-resistant components to help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
• User-selectable logical block sizes for 5xxE (512, 520 or 528 bytes per logical block).
• Vertical, horizontal, or top down mounting.
|Edition||Exos 7E8 Enterprise|
|Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Access Time||4.16 ms|
|Host to/from Drive Sustained Transfer Rate||226 MB/s|
|Annualised Workload Rating||550 TB/yr|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||<1 in 10^15|
|Max. Operating Shock||40 G|
|Max.Power Usage||7.25 W|
|Dimensions||101.85 x 26.11 x 147 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months