Synology DiskStation DS3018xs 6 Bay NAS
6 Bay Synology DS3018xs Desktop NAS Enclosure, Dual Core Intel Pentium, 8GB DDR4, 2.5"/3.5" SATA3, 4xGbE, 2x USB 3.0
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Synology DS3018xs is a brand new 6-bay network attached storage solution with exceptional performance and flexible scalability. It can be installed with an optional 10GbE network card, thereby delivering over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential read IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration in a 10GbE environment. DS3018xs is powered by a dual-core 2.2 GHz processor with a boost frequency of 2.6 GHz and backed by 8GB RAM, which is expandable up to 32GB.
DS3018xs supports up to 30 drives with two Synology DX12152 expansion units, allowing you to start small and easily scale up on demand. In addition to 10GbE add-on cards, which can upgrade the network capacity of DS3018xs, the PCIe slot also supports the optional PCIe M.2 SSD adapter card M2D173 for dual M.2 SSD slots to function as SSD cache for greatly enhanced storage performance without using the 3.5" drive bays.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage
DS3018xs integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
• Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wide snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
• File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID 1, 5, 6, and 10.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3018xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
• Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3018xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
• Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
• Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
• MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
• With Synology Office, Calendar and Chat, the powerful Collaboration Suite allows secure and efficient private communications as well as content organization that your business can easily manage and control.
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager opens up abundant possibilities, allowing you to set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM. You can also test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS3018xs without spending extra cost for deployment and maintenance.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency.
Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS3018xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers and that your services remain online in the event of unexpected disasters.
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available when disasters happen.
• Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime. Features • Powerful 6-bay NAS optimized for dataintensive applications in small and medium business.
• Ultra-high performance of over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential IOPS reading.
• Dual-core CPU with AES-NI and 8GB (up to 32GB) DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM RAM.
• PCIe 3.0 slot for optional 10GbE add-on card or M2D17 adapter card for dual M.2 SSD as cache .
• Four built-in 1GbE (RJ-45) ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation.
• Scalable up to 30 drives with two DX1215 expansion units.
• Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder.
• Backed with SRS, Synology's nextbusiness-day replacement service.
. Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage, and configuration.
. DS3018xs supports up to two Synology DX1215, sold separately.
. DS3018xs supports dual M.2 SSD through M2D17 adapter card, sold separately.
|NAS Form Factor||Desktop|
|Total Storage Included||N/A|
|Type of Drives Included|
|Edition of Drives Included|
|Capacity of Drives Included|
|Max. Storage Capacity|
|Drive Interface Support||6 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Drive Form Factor Support||
|Internal Flash Memory||No|
|Internal Flash Memory Capacity|
|CPU Type||Intel Pentium|
|CPU Cores||Dual Core|
|CPU Speed||2.2 GHz|
|RAM Memory Included||8GB|
|RAM Memory Type||DDR4 SO-DIMM|
|Max. RAM Memory Supported||32GB|
|Cache Drive Interface|
|Included Cache Drive Capacity|
|Included Cache Drive Type|
|Expansion Slots||2 x M.2, 22-42/60/80, PCIe Gen3|
|Max. Power Consumption|
|Dimensions||282 x 166 x 243 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- +44 (0)1908 274659