Cisco 52 Port Managed Gigabit Switch RW2048-K9-UK
High performance and reliability
All Cisco SG 300-52 50-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switches have been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco SG 300-52 also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritise high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
Secure Desktop Connectivity
The Cisco SG 300-52 Switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive. Additionally, the Cisco SG 300-52 Switch provides a high level of security and give you fine-grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorised users. Advanced security features include:
• Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications.
• Extensive access control lists (ACLs) to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorised users and guard against network attacks.
• Guest virtual LANs (VLANs) to let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
• Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network.
As a managed network solution, the Cisco SG 300-52 Switch provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. SG 300-52 Switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
IP Telephony Support
Cisco SG 300-52 Switches include embedded QoS intelligence to prioritise delaysensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritise voice traffic.
Highly Secure Guest Connectivity
A Cisco SG 300-52 Switch let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests' network sessions private from each other.
Optimal Energy Efficiency
The Cisco SG 300-52 Switch is designed with a variety of power-saving features across all models, providing the industry's broadest portfolio of "green" switches. These Cisco SG 300-52 Switches optimise power use to protect the environment and reduce energy costs, without compromising performance. Powersaving features include:
- The latest application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), using low-power 65-nanometer technology (these chipsets allow for lower power consumption and thinner, more efficient designs).
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on cable length.
- Fanless design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation. Features • 50x 10/100/1000 switched RJ-45 ports with auto medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) cable detection.
• 2x Combo mini-GBIC port.
• Nonblocking, store-and-forward switching mechanism.
• Simplified QoS management enabled by advanced queuing techniques using 802.1p, differentiated services (DiffServ), or type of service (ToS) prioritisation schemes enhances the performance of real-time applications such as voice and video.
• Configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser with WebView management.
• Secure remote management of the switch via Secure Shell (SSH) and SSL secure channel network protocols.
• 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security.
• Private VLAN Edge (PVE) for simplified network isolation of guest connections or autonomous networks.
• Automatic configuration of VLANs across multiple switches through Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) and Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (GARP).
• Automatic port configuration through auto MDI/MDIX and 802.1ab with Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support.
• User/network port-level security via 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering.
• Increased bandwidth (up to 8x) and added link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP).
• Enhanced rate-limiting capabilities provide control, including back pressure to control the rate at which data can flow into and out of a port.
• Multicasting, broadcasting, and flooding control.
• Port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic.
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions 1, 2c, and 3 and Remote Monitoring (RMON) support.
• Fully rack mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware.
|Total Network Ports||
|PoE Support Type|
|No. of Ports with PoE|
|Other Non-Network Ports|
|MAC Address Table Size|
|Built-in Flash Memory||16MB|
|Max. Power Consumption|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||440 x 45 x 257 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.