Silverstone 500 Watt SX500-LG v2 Strider SFX-L PSU/Power Supply
The first model to debut in the SFX-L will be the SX500-LG, a 500W model that includes all features available from top of the line SFX SilverStone PSUs such as 80 PLUS Gold efficiency, modular flexible flat cables, and all Japanese capacitors. An ATX adapter bracket is included as well to enable users to install this PSU into any small or even larger cases that do not have SFX mounting holes.
- Designed for 80 PLUS Gold level of efficiency to reduce wasted heat and save on electricity. 100% modular cable design for easy removal in a case with cable routed and tied down.
- Flat cables have much greater flexibility to allow for tighter folding and management of cables. ±3% regulation and low ripple & noise performance for high stability.
- Ultra-quiet 120mm fan with intelligent RPM control guarantees cool performance and silent operation with minimum of 18dBA during fan operation. The fanless mode operation deactivates when PSU’s internal temperature reaches 41°C. (SX500-LG V1.0) Built-in 120mm fan has excellent airflow and low noise, perfect for quiet home or office use. (SX500-LG V2.0)
- Powerful single +12V rail design, perfect for future high-end component upgrades or overclocking. Features • Silent running 120mm fan with intelligent semi-fanless operation (SX500-LG V1.0)
• Silent running 120mm fan with 18dBA minimum (SX500-LG V2.0)
• Support SFX-L form factor and ATX via included bracket
• High efficiency with 80 PLUS Gold certification
• 100% modular cables
• All cables made with flexible flat arrays
• 500W continuous power output at 40c degree operating temperature rated for 24/7 operation
• Class-leading single +12V rail with 40A
• Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low ripple & noise
• Support dual PCI-E 8/6pin connectors
• Active PFC
• All Japanese capacitors
|Size||SFX-L - with ATX adapter bracket|
|80 PLUS Certification||80 PLUS Gold|
|Max. Efficiency||87 - 90 %|
|Fans||1 x 120mm|
|Internal +12V Rails||Single (1) Rail|
|Rail 1 +12V||40 A|
|Rail 2 +12V||N/A|
|Rail 3 +12V||N/A|
|Rail 4 +12V||N/A|
|Rail 5 +12V||N/A|
|Rail 6 +12V||N/A|
|Max. Combined Output +12V||40 A|
|Dimensions||125 × 63.5 × 130mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 4th Jul 2011
Let's face it, power-supply units (PSUs) are boring. Presented in what's usually a mundane box spitting cables from one end, this is a product that's neither aesthetically pleasing nor technically interesting to the majority of self-builders.
Date Issued: 18th Nov 2010
Conceived back in 2004 and brought to market just a year later, the 80 PLUS initiative is one of many standards introduced in an effort to increase energy efficiency in modern technology. Targeting computer power supplies, it awards PSUs that are able to achieve an energy efficiency of over 80 per cent at varying workloads and a power factor of 0.9 or more at 100 per cent load.
Date Issued: 20th Nov 2008
This TekSpek explains what Green Computing is, what it means to the consumer, and how energy-efficient components can be beneficial in the home.