DS1517+ 5 Bay Synology Desktop NAS Enclosure with 8GB
5 Bay Synology DS1517+ Desktop NAS, SATA HDD, Intel Atom Quad Core 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 10GbE Support, M.2 SSD Caching
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Synology DiskStation DS1517+ is a 5-bay NAS powered by a quad-core CPU with AES-NI hardware encryption engine. Coming with quad 1GbE LAN ports, it can be installed with a 10GbE network interface card (NIC) or a dual M.2 SSD adapter card, thereby enhancing network speeds or boosting performance with SSD cache.
2GB/8GB DDR3, up to 16GB (dual channel)
1,165 MB/s sequential reading
Up to 15 drives with two DX517 expansion units
Supercharge your storage with speedy performance
Equipped with dual-channel memory and a PCIe slot, DS1517+ supports installing the dual M.2 SSD adapter card, M2D17, or the 10GbE NIC, for high-IOPS system cache and ultra-fast data transmission respectively.
• M2D17 Dual M.2 SATA SSD slot, compatible with 2280/2260/2242 form factors.
• 10GbE 10GbE network capacity for bandwidth intensive environments.
• RAM Dual-channel memory that boosts the performance by 20%.
(Note: M2D17 and 10GbE Network adapter card need to be purchased separately.)
Engineered for reliability, backed by Synology
DS1517+ is designed to reliably store your data and is backed by Synology’s three-year hardware warranty. An optional two-year extended warranty is available in select regions for up to five years of coverage. Learn more
Next-generation file system for effective data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces the most advanced storage technologies to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead with optimized snapshots. It ensures high-level data integrity, while taking advantage of flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on user accounts and shared folders
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots.
• File- or folder-level data restoration accelerates data recovery and provides flexibility.
• Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention.
Ultimate file management and sharing
The web-based File Station is a user-friendly management tool built to allow intuitive, drag-and-drop operation without any complex setup required on your Mac or PC. The advanced search and filtering tools enable easy organization and sharing that entails just a link. Compatible with SMB, FTP, AFP, NFS, and WebDAV, File Station suits all environments.
Real-time collaboration on the same online documents to boost productivity.
• Instant communication on Synology Chat during the editing of documents or spreadsheets.
• Version control for you to navigate all the changes and retrieve previous versions with just a click.
• Revision mode where suggestions can be inserted and users enjoy the flexibility of choosing whether to accept the modifications or not.
Real-time collaboration on your private cloud
Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
Fully certified storage virtualization solutions
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Complete home surveillance solution for recording and monitoring.
Simplified backup solution for your Mac, PC, and mobile devices.
Block-level incremental data backup in multiple versions and cross-version deduplication.
Award-winning operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
Comprehensive built-in security utilities constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
A server that saves you additional investment by integrating various networks, web/mail services, plus management applications into your business system.
Features • Quad-core 5-bay NAS with AES-NI support, with over 1,165 MB/s reading and 527 MB/s writing performance.
• PCIe slot for optional 10GbE add-on card. Four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports with failover and Link Aggregation support.
• Optional M2D17 adapter card for dual M.2 SATA SSDs for cache.
• Two memory configurations: 2GB & 8GB with easily upgradable dual-channel design, up to 16GB.
• Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- +44 (0)1908 274659
Support Email: [email protected]