4TB Central NAS
4TB Seagate STCG3000400 Central Expansion Desktop Drive, 3.5" External HDD, USB 3.0, Black
You can’t enjoy what you can’t find. But when you load your photos, movies, music and documents onto Central, all your files will be organised in one spot where they are easy to access.
Relax knowing that all your computers are backed up.
With Central, it’s simple to automatically back up multiple PC and Mac® computers. It comes with premium backup software for PCs and works seamlessly with Time Machine® backup software for Mac.
Enjoy a centralised media library.
Once you set up Central, you can wirelessly stream your movies, music and photos to any DLNA-certified device on your home network such as media players, game consoles and smart TVs.
Enhanced media experience for Samsung Smart TVs.
Owners of Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players can take advantage of a unique Seagate Central app featuring visually rich media icons and remote-control navigation.
On-the-go personal cloud access with web browsers.
Easily access and upload content using virtually any computer or mobile device and a Web browser.
Free Personal Cloud App for Anywhere Access
Whether you’re at home or on the road, the free Seagate Media app for iOS®, Android®, Amazon Kindle, and Windows 8/RT makes it easy to browse and enjoy your content with a mobile device. Upload and back up photos and video from tablets and smartphones anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
Your personal cloud at home - Stream your movies, music, and photos to:
• Chromecast: Cast your favourite content, stored on Seagate Central, effortlessly from your smartphone or tablet to any Television or Audio system equipped with an HDMI port using the Seagate Media app
• LG Smart TV’s: Enjoy all your favourite content stored inside Seagate Central, on the big screen, by casting it to your LG Smart TV using the Seagate Media app on your smartphone or tablet.
• Roku®: view movies, listen to music, and play a slideshow easily on a Roku streaming player using the Seagate Media Channel. Simply download the Seagate Media Channel from the Roku channel store, sit back and enjoy the show
• Samsung® Smart TVs: enjoy a unique app that features cover art, song listings, and simple remote control navigation. Available in the Samsung Smart Hub on your Smart TV or Blu-ray player
• AirPlay® and AppleTV®: Wirelessly stream and enjoy your content from your iPad® and iPhone® on AppleTV and various AirPlay-enabled devices
• DLNA® devices: stream to any DLNA compliant devices on your network such as a gaming console, Smart TV, Blu-ray™ player, or audio system
• Share large files with family and friends by sending private email invitations
• Upload and download content anywhere you have an Internet connection
What's in the box
Seagate Central NAS Drive
Quick start guide
2-year limited warranty
Features Connect Seagate® Central to your Wi-Fi router to organise and back up all your content on one device that you can access from anywhere.
• Access your personal cloud from anywhere with a Web browser or the free Seagate Media app for tablets and smartphones
• Save your photos and video from tablets and smartphones anywhere you have an internet connection
• Wirelessly stream your media to gaming consoles, media players, Smart TVs, and connected devices
• Back up multiple PCs and Mac computers
• Experts love it: a PCMAG.com Editor’s Choice award winner
|NAS Form Factor|
|Storage (Included)||4000 GB|
|Max. Storage Capacity|
|HDD Form Factor|
|Internal Flash Memory||No|
|Internal Flash Memory Capacity|
|RAM Memory Included|
|RAM Memory Type|
|Max. RAM Memory Supported|
|Cache Drive Interface|
|Included Cache Drive Capacity|
|Included Cache Drive Type|
|External Connectivity||1 x LAN (10/100/1000)|
|Max. Power Consumption|
|Dimensions||216 x 145 x 42 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
This TekSpek covers DAS and NAS, what they mean, what they’re used for and how they’re different. We’ll start by looking at the technology, then move on to the players in the market and how the market is moving forward.