Samsung 480GB PM1633a 2.5 inch Dual Port SAS Enterprise SSD
480GB Samsung PM1633a 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SAS-3 12Gb/s DP, MLC 3D/V-NAND, 1250MB/s Read, 600MB/s Write, 200k/20k IOPS
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£117.98|
|Total inc. interest:||£127.09|
Purchase Rate: 19.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 19.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
By DPD On 26th Nov To 30th Nov
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
Samsung’s all-flash solutions for heavy workloads deliver unrivalled performance, reliability and capacity without bottlenecks.
Ultra-High Capacity SAS SSD: Breakthrough High-Performing Storage Density
PM1633a delivers high-value faster read speeds while improving TCO with outstanding reliability, security and endurance. It provides a powerful solution for mission-critical enterprise applications.
Samsung PM1633a solid-state drive offers up to 1,000 times the performance of 15K RPM hard disk drives at a comparable cost per gigabyte.
Enterprise server and storage administrators face challenging requirements to deliver mission critical business infrastructure on a limited budget. Enterprise environments need to deliver on-premises computing solutions that reliably deliver predictable performance 24/7, 365 days a year. Considering each of these factors, IT and data center managers are tasked with finding optimal storage solutions.
Samsung provides enterprise server and storage administrators with SSDs that deliver exceptional performance and reliability in primary enterprise storage applications, such as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), collaboration platforms, web servers, email, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management (CRM), and SQL databases.
Compared to performance HDDs, these high-performing SAS SSDs deliver up to four times the performance for sequential workloads, and up to 1,000 times the performance for random workloads, while still maintaining a comparable cost per gigabyte. As the pioneer in vertical-NAND (V-NAND) technology, Samsung has been delivering enterprise grade SSDs based on cost-effective TLC memory longer than anyone else. Additionally, Samsung has the advantage of being a vertically integrated supplier of SSDs, assuring the highest levels of quality.
Optimized for Enterprise Environments
To deliver enterprise reliability and performance, the Samsung PM1633a uses a native SAS 3.0 controller, supporting dual-port high-availability needs. To meet the demand for high utilization, highly virtualized enterprise environments, the PM1633a SAS SSD utilizes firmware that prioritizes quality of service (QoS) for sustained random workloads, to keep all virtual machines running quickly and smoothly. The firmware is also optimized for always on, always busy workloads ready to respond quickly to incoming host requests. With no moving parts to fail, the PM1633a delivers enterprise class reliability for your critical business data.
Enterprise-Grade Power Loss Protection
During normal power-off periods, the host server allocates time to preserve data integrity by transmitting a standby command to each device. In the event of an unexpected power loss, though, the cached data in a storage device’s internal buffers (DRAM) can be lost. This can occur with unexpected power outages or when users unplug devices from the system. However, the Samsung PM1633a SAS SSD has been designed to prevent data loss resulting from unexpected power shutdowns with its powerloss protection architecture. Upon detection of a power failure, the SSD immediately uses the stored energy from tantalum capacitors to provide enough time to transfer the cached data in DRAM to the flash memory, ensuring no loss of data.
Built for High-Density Deployments
With 60% more capacity than today’s highest capacity HDDs, the PM1633a enables enterprise system administrators to keep up with the growth of business data, without costly datacenter expansions. The PM1633a delivers all of this storage capacity in a compact 2.5” 15mm enterprise form factor, rather than the bulky 3.5” form factor needed for high-capacity hard drives. The high capacity PM1633a SSD allows for drive count consolidation, and provides a critical capability to expand storage within existing infrastructure, rather than requiring costly new facilities.
Samsung PM1633a SAS SSD Delivers:
• Consistently High Performance: Up to 1,000 times the performance of the fastest 15K RPM hard drives, the Samsung PM1633a SAS SSD provides enterprise IT administrators performance to spare. An optimized Samsung native SAS 3.0 controller supplies the drive with 12 Gb/s of bandwidth and provides enterprises the performance margin to prevent costly and disruptive application support tickets.
• Exceptional Value: The same low cost per gigabyte as slower SAS HDDs. By utilizing Samsung state-of-the-art 3D V-NAND flash memory, cost effective TLC flash memory can address high-end enterprise applications, outperforming older planar MLC flash memory, and providing solid state performance and reliability at hard drive cost. With no moving parts, the PM1633a SAS SSD delivers over 10 times the reliability of spinning disks, reducing the administrative cost overhead associated with drive replacement.
• Breakthrough Storage Density: Capacities up to 16TB in a 2.5” small form factor (SFF) drive. With 60% higher capacity per drive, and a smaller 2.5” form factor, up to 384TB can be stored in a 2U server. This breakthrough in storage density more than triples the density available with high-capacity HDDs, using an industry standard form factor, and without sacrificing enterprise reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS). Features • Ultra-High Capacity SAS SSD.
• High Speed with Low Latency.
• Enhanced Reliability, Better Performance.
• Best Solution for Heavy Demands.
• Reliable Storage, 24/7 Operation.
• Top Solution for Diverse Applications.
• SAS 12 Gb/s interface.
• Fully complies Active-active dual port.
• Enhanced Power-Loss Data Protection with Tantal capacitors.
• TCG-compliant Self-Encryption Drive (Optional).
• Hardware based AES 256-bit Encryption Engine (Optional).
• End-to-End Data Protection.
• Support 16 Initiator with TCQ (Up to 128Q-depth) Command Set.
• 8 RRDY provide.
• Auto good response.
• Supports Tag-overlap check and reserved field check.
• Compliant with SCSI Specification (SAS-3 / SPL-3 / SBC-4 / SPC-4 / SAM-5).
• Compliant with TCG Enterprise Specification Rev. 1.01 (Optional).
• RoHS Compliant.
• Support T10 DIF.
Important - Please Note Images for Illustration Purposes ONLY.
|Interface||SAS-3 (12Gb/s) Dual Port|
|Host Controller Interface||AHCI|
|Flash Memory Type||3-bit MLC 3D/V-NAND|
|Max. Read||1250 MB/s|
|Max. Write||600 MB/s|
|DRAM Cache Memory||N/A|
|DRAM Cache Memory Type|
|Max. Random Read 4K||200,000 IOPS|
|Max. Random Write 4K||20,000 IOPS|
|Power Consumption (active)||9W|
|Max. Endurance Rating||876 TBW|
|Max. Operating Vibration|
|Max. Non-operating Vibration||20 G (10Hz to 2,000Hz, 15min/axis on 3axis)|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Max. Non-operating Shock||1,500 G (Linear, 0.5ms duration with sine wave)|
|Connectivity||1 x SAS-3 (12Gb/s) Dual Port|
|Dimensions||69.85 x 14.8 x 100.2 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- 0330 (7267864)