StarTech.com 4 Port USB Extender Over Ethernet LAN
4 Port StarTech.com USB 2.0 Extender over Cat5/6, Upto 330ft, Upto 500mA Power Per Port, Upto 480 Mbps, Plug and Play
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
This USB extender provides support for data transfer rates of up to 480 Mbps, is Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible, and is also backwards compatible with USB 1.x devices.
This versatile USB extender offers a fast, easy, and flexible solution for business or industrial applications with durable metal housing, and an included surface-mounting bracket kit.
• Secured environments where the host computer must be in a secure, inaccessible location from the keyboard, mouse, camera or other USB input devices.
• Use existing in-wall Cat5/Cat6 wiring to extend USB connections between rooms.
• Reduce cable clutter and the need for mid-point USB hubs/repeaters by running a single, easy-to-install Cat5/Cat6 cable.
• Industrial control environments where the host computer must be located away from interference or contamination.
• USB 2.0 Extender Local Unit
• USB 2.0 Extender Remote Unit
• USB Cable
• Mounting Kit
• 3 Power Cord (NA/UK/EU)
• Universal Power Adapter (NA/EU/UK) or AU in Australia
• Quick Install Guide Features • Four USB 2.0 ports at remote end over a single Cat5/Cat6 cable.
• Maximum extension distance of up to 100m / 330 ft over Cat5 cabling.
• Rugged, metal enclosure with surface-mounting bracket kit included.
• 500mA of power per port.
• High Speed USB 2.0 compliant with data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps.
• 8kV Contact and 16kV Air Electrical Static Discharge (ESD) protection.
No driver or software required
Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible
|Connectivity||4 x USB 2.0|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 23rd Aug 2005
If you've used a computer for any duration of time you'll have come across the terms “kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte” and so on. Then there's “kilobit, megabit and gigabit” to add a bit of confusion and to top it all off you've maybe heard or read terms like “gibibyte” on occasion.