The 6Gb/s Series 6 family of Unified Serial controllers offers superior bandwidth and full cache protection without battery installation, monitoring, or replacement costs
4 internal port, low profile, SAS 2.0 and Gen 2 PCI-Express (PCIe) Unified Serial RAID controller with Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection and Intelligent Power Management delivers exceptional performance, advanced data protection, and maximum scalability for enterprise-class, high-density server applications.
The Series 6 family of high-performance Adaptec Unified Serial® (SATA/SAS) RAID controllers offers maximum performance, scalability and flexibility. With the enhanced bandwidth of its 6 Gb/s SAS2.0 interfaces and the PCIe Gen2 host connection it offers up to 60% higher sustained sequential throughput than previous generation controllers.
Based on PMC-Sierra's market-leading, multi-core SRC 8x6G RAID-on-Chip (RoC) the Adaptec RAID 6405 can deliver up to 2 GB/s sustained data transfer rate to the host. Peak performance is up to 4.8GB/s through the SAS 2.0 interfaces and 4.0GB/s through the PCIe Gen2 host interface. Using SAS expanders, it can connect up to 256 SATA/SAS.
The Adaptec RAID 6405 supports a broad range of operating systems, compatibility with more than 300 third-party devices, and full integration with Adaptec Storage Manager™ for centralized management of all Adaptec RAID controllers on the network.
Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection Kit Option – Maximum protection and Savings
Adaptec Series-6 is the industry's first Unified Serial RAID controller which offers Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection that eliminates Battery backup Units (BBUs) in favor of 4GB of NAND flash memory to protect cached data and eliminate the installation, monitoring, maintenance, disposal and replacement costs associated with BBUs. Available as a separate Kit: Adaptec Flash Module 600.
Intelligent Power Management - Reduce Power by up to 70%
Adaptec Intelligent Power Management slashes storage power and cooling costs by spinning down idle disks and providing a lower power mode for active disks.
*Single does not include cable
• 6 Gb/s throughput at each port
• PMC-Sierra PM8013 Dual Core RAID on Chip (ROC)
• SAS 2.0 interfaces and PCIe Gen 2 Host Connection
• 4- and 8-port low-profile MD2
• Supports up to 256 SATA or SAS devices
• Enclosure management support via LED header and SES2/ SGPIO
• Intelligent Power Management – Reduces power and cooling costs by as much as 70%
• Adaptec Flash Module 600 (AFM-600): Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection with 4GB NAND flash (separate Kit):
– No data loss from power failures: Replaces lithium ion batteries
– Low Operating Costs: No installation, monitoring, maintenance, disposal or replacement costs due to batteries
– Maintenance-free cached data protection
– Instant RAID cache protection
– Environmentally conscious
– No toxic battery disposal
– Simplified IATA compliance
• Hybrid RAID 1 & 10: SSD + HDD for Maximum Performance and Reliability
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 4 Port Adaptec RAID 6405 single low profile, SAS 2.0 and Gen 2 PCI-Express (PCIe) . Please choose from the list below.