Rackmount 4 Bay QNAP TS-431U NAS Box
Dual-core processor delivers high performance
Equipped with powerful yet energy-efficient ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB DDR3 RAM, the TS-431U is a high-performance NAS for small and home offices, providing high performance of up to 148 MB/s read & 119 MB/s write throughput. The TS-431U’s enhanced hardware-based encryption and decryption engine provides transfer speeds of over 33 MB/s with AES-256 bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive personal data stored in the TS-431U.
High efficiency with dual LAN support
The TS-431U supports multiple port-trunking modes, enabling IT administrators to set up link aggregation to increase total data transmission capability. Failover and dual IP are also supported to ensure continuous system operations. The supported port-trunking modes include: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
QTS - Simple and efficient
Thanks to QTS intuitive user interface, system operations of the TS-431U are smooth and handy. Its intelligent desktop allows you to find desired functions quickly, create desktop shortcuts or group shortcuts, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing greater operating efficiency.
Enhance productivity with multiple USB 3.0 ports
Equipped with four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, the TS-431U allows you to flexibly arrange tasks with a wide range of external devices without interrupting your current workflow. You can back up files to USB drives, access data stored on SD cards via USB card readers, share up to 3 printers via network, and connect to a UPS to ensure a continual power supply.
Well-rounded backup solutions to secure data
QNAP’s NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup for Windows (including Outlook email archiving) and Mac OS X users can use Time Machine to effortlessly back up data to the TS-431U. The front panel USB port features a one-touch-copy function for you to instantly back up data on external drives to the TS-431U or alternatively to back up data from the TS-431U to external drives. A wide range of third-party backup software such as Acronis® True Image and Symantec® Backup Exec are also supported.
Disaster recovery solutions brings peace of mind
The TS-431U offers various data recovery options. RTRR (Real-Time Remote Replication) supports real time or scheduled data backup to a remote QNAP NAS or FTP server and synchronizes files to a remote folder from a local folder with better backup efficiency and reduced backup time. The TS-431U also supports rsync protocol to back up data to another remote server on scheduled basis. Data can also be backed up to and restored from a range of cloud storage services, including Amazon® S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft® Azure, ElephantDrive®, Dropbox® and Google Cloud Storage.
Comprehensive security options
In open network environments, business data may be exposed in a potential hack. The TS-431U provides numerous security options, such as encrypted access, IP blocking, and more. IT administrators can also control the access rights of each user to different folders, preventing unauthorized access to important files. The TS-431U supports AES 256-bit encryption, preventing sensitive business data from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard drives or the entire system were stolen.
Cross-platform file sharing, centralized data storage
The TS-431U supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX. Data, logs and ISO image of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored in the TS-431U and protected by an integrated antivirus solution.
Manage your files via the Internet
The File Station brings conventional desktop-style file operations to web browsers, allowing you to upload, download, and manage files on your TS-431U wherever there is an Internet connection. Supporting file extraction, folder creation, and smart search for files and folders, File Station also allows you to easily share files with colleagues and workgroups via unique URLs. With reliable security features, SSL and password options, managing & sharing your files is simple and safe with the File Station.
A private cloud without constraints
In contrast to the limited storage space and potential security concerns of public cloud services, the TS-431U is advantageous for establishing a secure and large-capacity private cloud. The myQNAPcloud service allows remote access to files stored on the TS-431U, allowing you to play & share media files or large-sized files from the TS-431U or to conveniently check the system status from anywhere.
Dropbox-like file synchronization across computers and mobile devices
With Qsync, your TS-431U is turned into a safe data center for file synchronization. Any file uploaded to the TS-431U will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. Qsync is especially useful for frequent travelers in managing files and ensuring that different devices have the most up-to-date files. Qsync provides multiple ways for file synchronization and group file sharing, greatly enhancing the flexibility of team projects and collaboration.
Comprehensive surveillance solution providing 24/7 security
The TS-431U’s Surveillance Station offers a professional surveillance solution with a user-friendly management interface, a wide range of over 2,700 compatible IP camera models, and default 2 free IP camera licenses that can be expanded up to 8 camera channels by purchasing additional licenses. It supports real-time monitoring, video and audio recording and playback with a wide range of customizable settings. You can also install the Vmobile app on your iOS® or Android™ devices to manage the monitoring of cameras anytime, anywhere, to safeguard your office environment, or install the Vcam mobile app to turn your device into a network camera to instantly record to your TS-431U.
Create digital notes on your private cloud
The Notes Station provides a private & secure way to share and collaborate on digital notes. With just a few steps you can create and edit notes with the intuitive web-based editor, and take screenshots for quick note-taking with Qsnap or the Notes Station Clipper extension for Chrome. You can also easily leverage the rich media contents stored on the TS-431U to enhance your notes, and access them on your mobile phones or tablet devices by using Qnotes mobile app anytime, anywhere.
The Notes Station supports PDF file import/export, RSS live feeds, snapshots for version control, online preview for attached multimedia files, AES 256-bit encryption for notes, and the ability to back up & modify Evernote notes. It also allows inviting other users to read or edit notes for productive communication and teamwork, and supports organizing calendars and to-do’s from each note in one place for easy access. You can enjoy a better note-taking experience and write & organize your notes with greater efficiency for work and life tasks.
Signage Station - Creatively present your animated content and ads
With the Signage Station, it is easy to create content for a wide range of materials such as menu boards, advertisements, posters, and business profiles. The Signage Station is a great tool to invigorate your advertisements or animated materials for promoting your services, and to update contents in a timely manner. The iArtist Lite application, with intuitive editing tools, helps you create these signs with simple drag & drop tools. Your creativity can now travel around the world with a few simple steps to instantly get published, revised, and shared.
Supports DLNA, AirPlay & Chromecast for media streaming
You can use DLNA-compatible devices such as Smart TVs, Sony® PS3, Microsoft® Xbox 360 and media players to watch HD quality videos stored on the TS-431U. You can also use the Qfile app on an iOS device to browse videos and photos stored on the TS-431U and play on the TV via Apple TV. By installing the QAirplay&Chromecast app from the QTS App Center, you can stream your media content directly on a TV via Apple TV or Chromecast. The TS-431U's support for Plex Media Server organizes all of your media with rich information and transforms the TS-431U into a powerful & easy to use streaming machine with DLNA, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Google TV support.
Access, use and sync with your tablets and smartphones
The TS-431U is your private cloud storage that virtually enlarges the capacity of your mobile devices. Qfile allows you to access, upload, download, manage, and share stored files easily as if you are all of your files in your pocket. If Qfile is installed on an iOS device, users can also browse videos & photos stored on the TS-431U and play via Apple TV. Qmanager lets you monitor & manage the TS-431U remotely and efficiently without turning on your PC, and you can enjoy and share music, photos and videos on the TS-431U anywhere and anytime with Qmusic, Qphoto and Qvideo apps.
Install-on-demand apps to extend NAS functionality
The TS-431U has a built-in App Center that provides various install-on-demand apps developed by QNAP and third-party developers, including tools for backup/sync, business, content management, communications, download, entertainment, and much more. It is also a centralized location for managing & updating installed apps. In addition, QNAP’s development platform embraces the open-source spirit to enable developers to create their own apps, adding potentially limitless opportunities for the TS-431U.
The TS-431U features an energy-efficient dual-core ARM processor that maintains high performance in system operations and is suitable for an always-online private cloud without running up a high electricity bill. Additional energy-saving features include hard disk standby, scheduled power on/off, and Wake on LAN.
Easy-to-use NAS management tools
The TS-431U provides comprehensive system tools to increase management efficiency.
• Instant Alert Notifications: With the SMTP and SMS settings on the Turbo NAS, system administrators will get notifications via SMS or email if an error occurs.
• Resource Monitor: Easily monitor CPU, memory, disk & network bandwidth usage, as well as currently-running Turbo NAS apps and services.
• Wake on LAN: Administrators can turn on the Turbo NAS via LAN to save energy and improve security.
• Scheduled Power on/off: Administrators can flexibly set up the time of powering on/off the Turbo NAS, with a maximum of 15 schedules for setting powering on, off, or rebooting.
• S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS): The Turbo NAS supports HDD S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) which monitors the hard drive status, and sends out email notifications for administrators to take action. The HHD Health Scanning technology can also examine hard drive status and prevent possible data loss.
• Comprehensive Event Logs: The Turbo NAS supports Syslog server that collects logs from various connected devices over the Internet and saves the data, enabling centralized log management with greater efficiency.
The TS-431U supports various applications for home offices as an all-in-one Turbo NAS with cost-efficiency.
• FTP Server: The Turbo NAS supports FTP server to share large size files, coming with user-defined settings including bandwidth limitation, number of connections, and write-only permission.
• Web Server: The Turbo NAS supports Web server which allows numerous websites built on the same server conveniently. Administrators can manage up to 32 websites on the single one Turbo NAS for reduced IT costs.
• RADIUS Server: The Turbo NAS supports RADIUS server which provides centralized authorization management for computers to connect and use a network service.
• VPN Server: The Turbo NAS supports VPN server which provides an easy way for IT administrators to build up a secure private network and allows the staff to log on from outside the office and access business resources securely such as files and Internet connections.
• Printer Server: The Turbo NAS supports Printer server to send remote printing request over the Internet (max. 3 USB printers), and supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), Samba, print job management and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X.
• Surveillance Station: The Turbo NAS supports Surveillance Station to connect and manage multiple IP cameras remotely, including real-time monitoring, video recording, playback, and event notifications. Features • Organize & manage files and backup tasks in one centralized location
• Full NAS encryption by volume-based technology and hardware acceleration.
• Synchronize files between computers, laptops, and mobile devices.
• Create a 24/7 surveillance centre for business environment.
• Build a private cloud-based notebook to share with group members with the Notes Station and Qnotes mobile app.
• Stream multimedia library via DLNA, AirPlay & Chromecast and watch on TV
|NAS Form Factor|
|Max. Storage Capacity|
|HDD Interface||4 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|HDD Form Factor||4 x 3.5"/2.5"|
|Internal Flash Memory||No|
|Internal Flash Memory Capacity|
|CPU||Freescale ARM Dual-Core|
|CPU Speed||1.2 GHz|
|RAM Memory Included||1GB|
|RAM Memory Type||DDR3|
|Max. RAM Memory Supported|
|Cache Drive Interface|
|Included Cache Drive Capacity|
|Included Cache Drive Type|
|Max. Power Consumption||34.9 W|
|Dimensions||439 x 44 x 499 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.