Dual-core processor delivers high performance
Equipped with powerful yet energy-efficient ARM Cortex-A15 dual-core 1.4GHz processor and 1GB DDR3 RAM, the TS-431+ is a high-performance NAS for workgroups and SOHO providing outstanding performance of up to 193 MB/s read & 157 MB/s write throughput. The TS-431+’s enhanced hardware-based encryption and decryption engine provides transfer speeds of over 157 MB/s with AES-256 bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive personal data stored in the TS-431+. You can also use the TS-431+ as a multimedia center to watch media content while downloading or backing up files without impacting the TS-431+’s performance. When installed with the latest 802.11ac or dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi USB adapter, the TS-431+ can offer remarkably high speeds for transferring large amount of files and streaming bandwidth-consuming multimedia.
High Efficiency with dual LAN support
The TS-431+ supports multiple port-trunking modes, enabling IT administrators to set up link aggregation to increase total data transmission capability. Failover and dual IP are also supported to ensure continuous system operations. The supported port-trunking modes include: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
QTS: Simple and efficient
Thanks to QTS intuitive user interface, system operations of the TS-431+ are smooth and handy. Its intelligent desktop allows you to find desired functions quickly, create desktop shortcuts or group shortcuts, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing greater operating efficiency.
Create digital notes on your private cloud
The Notes Station 2.0 provides a private & secure way to share and collaborate on digital notes. With just a few steps you can create and edit notes with the intuitive web-based editor, and take screenshots for quick note-taking with Qsnap or the Notes Station Clipper extension for Chrome. You can also easily leverage the rich media contents stored on the TS-431+ to enhance your notes, and access them on your mobile phones or tablet devices by using Qnotes mobile app anytime, anywhere.
The Notes Station 2.0 supports PDF file import/export, RSS live feeds, snapshots for version control, online preview for attached multimedia files, AES 256-bit encryption for notes, and the ability to back up & modify Evernote notes. It also allows inviting other users to read or edit notes for productive communication and teamwork, and supports organizing calendars and to-do’s from each note in one place for easy access. You can enjoy a better note-taking experience and write & organize your notes with greater efficiency for work and life tasks.
Container Station: LXC and Docker Containers inclusive
QNAP Container Station exclusively integrates LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies, allowing you to operate multiple isolated Linux systems on the TS-431+ as well as download apps from the built-in Docker Hub™ Registry. It supports container import/export and permission settings, and features an informative dashboard and flexible user interface for you to manage multiple containers. You can experience the amazing Container Station and enjoy the playground of virtual containers with the TS-431+.
Enhance productivity with multiple USB 3.0 ports
Equipped with three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, the TS-431+ allows you to flexibly arrange tasks with a wide range of external devices without interrupting your current workflow. You can back up files to USB drives, access data stored on SD cards via USB card readers, share up to 3 printers via network, and connect to a UPS to ensure a continual power supply.
Well-rounded backup solutions to secure data
The front panel USB port features a one-touch-copy function for you to instantly back up data on external drives to the TS-431+ or alternatively to back up data from the TS-431+ to external drives. QNAP’s NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup for Windows (including Outlook email archiving) and Mac OS X users can use Time Machine to effortlessly back up data to the TS-431+. A wide range of third-party backup software such as Acronis® True Image and Symantec® Backup Exec are also supported.
Comprehensive security options
In open network environments, business data may be exposed in a potential hack. The TS-431+ provides numerous security options, such as encrypted access, IP blocking, and more. IT administrators can also control the access rights of each user to different folders, preventing unauthorized access to important files. The TS-431+ supports AES 256-bit encryption, preventing sensitive business data from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard drives or the entire system were stolen.
Powerful QNAP flexible volume
QNAP's flexible volume provides a more secure and flexible way to store NAS data. This next-generation volume offers powerful features such as storage pooling with thin provisioned volumes, space reclaim and block-level iSCSI LUN.
Cross-platform file sharing, centralized data storage
The TS-431+ supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX. Data, logs and ISO image of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored in the TS-431+ and protected by an integrated antivirus solution.
Manage your files via the Internet
The File Station brings conventional desktop-style file operations to web browsers, allowing you to upload, download, and manage files on your TS-431+ wherever there is an internet connection. Supporting file extraction, folder creation, and smart search for files and folders, File Station also allows you to easily share files with friends & family via unique URLs. With reliable security features, SSL and password options, managing & sharing your files is simple and safe with the File Station.
A private cloud without constraints
In contrast to the limited storage space and potential security concerns of public cloud services, the TS-431+ is advantageous for establishing a secure and large-capacity private cloud. The myQNAPcloud service allows remote access to files stored on the TS-431+, allowing you to play & share multimedia from the TS-431+ or to conveniently check the system status from anywhere.
Dropbox-like file synchronization across computers and mobile devices
With Qsync, your TS-431+ is turned into a safe data center for file synchronization. Any file uploaded to the TS-431+ will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. Qsync is especially useful for frequent travelers in managing files and ensuring that different devices have the most up-to-date files. Qsync provides multiple ways for file synchronization and group file sharing, greatly enhancing the flexibility of team projects and collaboration.
Comprehensive surveillance solution providing 24/7 security
The TS-431+’s Surveillance Station offers a professional surveillance solution with a user-friendly management interface, a wide range of over 2,700 compatible IP camera models, and default 2 free IP camera licenses that can be expanded up to 16 camera channels by purchasing additional licenses. It supports real-time monitoring, video and audio recording and playback with a wide range of customizable settings. You can also install the VMobile app on your iOS® or Android™ devices to manage the monitoring of cameras anytime, anywhere, to safeguard your office environment, or install the Vcam mobile app to turn your device into a network camera to instantly record to your TS-431+.
Signage Station: Creatively present your animated content and ads
With the Signage Station, it is easy to create content for a wide range of materials such as menu boards, advertisements, posters, and business profiles. The Signage Station is a great tool to invigorate your advertisements or animated materials for promoting your services, and to update contents in a timely manner. The iArtist Lite application, with intuitive editing tools, helps you create these signs with simple drag & drop tools. Your creativity can now travel around the world with a few simple steps to instantly get published, revised, and shared.
Archive your photo memories. Share your life.
The TS-431+ acts as your photo vault for you to back up your favorite photos. The Photo Station makes photo sharing simple, and you can designate your own access right controls. Simply upload your photos to the TS-431+ to create & organize your photo albums through a web browser, and share with your family and friends through social networking sites such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest. With the Qfile and Qphoto mobile apps (for iOS® and Android™), you can also instantly upload your new photos from your mobile device to the TS-431+.
Build your home music library and enjoy music anywhere
The Music Station helps categorize your music collection, and displays album covers to easily organize your personal playlists. Through the music station web player, you can enjoy your music anytime, anywhere with a few clicks. Thousands of local and global online Internet radio programs are also built-into the Music Station for you to enjoy.
• Listen to your favorite songs streamed from iTunes Server, or play music via web browsers on your PC.
• Stream music to DLNA-compatible music systems for a high-quality sound experience.
• Stream music via AirPlay or Chromecast to compatible devices.
• Listen to your music on mobile devices through the Qmusic app.
Stream media via DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast
You can use DLNA-compatible devices such as Smart TVs, Sony® PlayStation™, Microsoft® Xbox 360® and media players to watch HD quality videos stored on the TS-431+. You can also use the Qfile app on an iOS device to browse videos and photos stored on the TS-431+ and play on the TV via Apple TV®. By installing the Media Streaming add-on app from the QTS App Center, you can stream your media content directly on a TV via Apple TV or Chromecast™ from File Station, Photo Station, Music Station or Video Station.
24/7 download center
The TS-431+ is a perfect download center for high speed BT, Magnet, PT (Private Trackers), eMule, FTP, and HTTP downloads. After you have finished setting your download tasks, you can turn off your computer and the TS-431+ will silently finish downloading them. With the QGet utility you can manage your download tasks on multiple Turbo NAS devices remotely on the local network or the Internet.
Access, use, sync and enjoy with your tablets and smartphones
The TS-431+ is your private cloud storage that virtually enlarges the capacity of your mobile devices. Qfile allows you to access, upload, download, manage, and share stored files easily as if you are all of your files in your pocket. If Qfile is installed on an iOS device, users can also browse videos & photos stored on the TS-431+ and play via Apple TV. Qmanager lets you monitor & manage the TS-431+ remotely and efficiently without turning on your PC, and you can enjoy and share music, photos and videos on the TS-431+ anywhere and anytime with Qmusic, Qphoto and Qvideo apps.
Install-on-demand apps to extend NAS functionality
The TS-431+ has a built-in App Center that provides various install-on-demand apps developed by QNAP and third-party developers, including tools for backup/sync, business, content management, communications, download, entertainment, and much more. It is also a centralized location for managing & updating installed apps. In addition, QNAP’s development platform embraces the open-source spirit to enable developers to create their own apps, adding potentially limitless opportunities for the TS-431+.
The TS-431+ features an energy-efficient dual-core ARM processor that maintains high performance in system operations and is suitable for an always-online personal cloud without running up a high electricity bill. Additional energy-saving features include hard disk standby, scheduled power on/off, and Wake on LAN.
Easy-to-use NAS management tools
The TS-431+ provides comprehensive system tools to increase management efficiency.
• Instant Alert Notifications: With the SMTP and SMS settings on the Turbo NAS, system administrators will get notifications via SMS or email if an error occurs.
• Resource Monitor: Easily monitor CPU, memory, disk & network bandwidth usage, as well as currently-running Turbo NAS apps and services.
• Wake on LAN: Administrators can turn on the Turbo NAS via LAN to save energy and improve security.
• Scheduled Power on/off: Administrators can flexibly set up the time of powering on/off the Turbo NAS, with a maximum of 15 schedules for setting powering on, off, or rebooting.
• S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS): The Turbo NAS supports HDD S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) which monitors the hard drive status, and sends out email notifications for administrators to take action. The HHD Health Scanning technology can also examine hard drive status and prevent possible data loss.
• Comprehensive Event Logs: The Turbo NAS supports Syslog server that collects logs from various connected devices over the Internet and saves the data, enabling centralized log management with greater efficiency.
The TS-431+ supports various applications for home offices as an all-in-one Turbo NAS with cost-efficiency.
• FTP Server: The Turbo NAS supports FTP server to share large size files, coming with user-defined settings including bandwidth limitation, number of connections, and write-only permission.
• Web Server: The Turbo NAS supports Web server which allows numerous websites built on the same server conveniently. Administrators can manage up to 32 websites on the single one Turbo NAS for reduced IT costs.
• RADIUS Server: The Turbo NAS supports RADIUS server which provides centralized authorization management for computers to connect and use a network service.
• VPN Server: The Turbo NAS supports VPN server which provides an easy way for IT administrators to build up a secure private network and allows the staff to log on from outside the office and access business resources securely such as files and Internet connections.
• Printer Server: The Turbo NAS supports Printer server to send remote printing request over the Internet (max. 3 USB printers), and supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), Samba, print job management and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X.
• Surveillance Station: The Turbo NAS supports Surveillance Station to connect and manage multiple IP cameras remotely, including real-time monitoring, video recording, playback, and event notifications. Features • Build a private cloud-based notebook to share with colleagues and friends with the Notes Station 2.0 and Qnotes mobile app.
• Organize & manage files and backup tasks in one centralized location.
• Full NAS encryption by volume-based technology and hardware acceleration.
• Synchronize files between computers, laptops, and mobile devices.
• Create a 24/7 surveillance center for your home/small office.
• Stream your multimedia library via DLNA, AirPlay & Chromcast and play on TV.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.