Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 6
Rated 4 out of 5 by crax Excellent panel - with 1 or 2 shortcomings
Low response time (5ms)
Only 1 Display Port
Less than average audio quality
07 March 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by HTB61 34" AOC U3477PQU Monitor, IPS Panel
I bought this panel because my old Dell 27" was showing signs of age but also because I wanted a bit more screen real estate for work. I wanted a screen that could serve for work but also as a TV screen with a feed from Freesat. So my review:
1. Screen vibrant colours, good blacks, nice viewing angles
2. Fantastic real estate I have Word Excel and Visio running in 3 Windows on desktop no problems in seeing the detail.
3. Use as a TV screen, really impressive, no motion blur I could see so I decided to try it with a few online games again perfectly adequate for MMOs like Neverwinter or Guild Wars
4. Built in speakers adequate for TV and Gaming
Not so impressive:
1. Even though the screen is excellent the price is high, scan had the best deal.
2. Setup buttons are tactile, the indicator panels for the buttons are not backlit, not even painted in a colour that contrasts from the black plastic.
3. The OSD Navigator does not appear on screen unless the screen has an active video feed would have been nice if it appeared when button pressed regaredless.
4. Cable tidying just a clip really
2-4 may seem over critical but for such a price and excellent screen a little more attention to detail would have made it 5-stars across the board for me. Still glad I bought it
06 March 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by RymanteX A good starting point for 21:9 Ultrawide
My model had no noticeable backlight bleed that I could see, a good entry point for those interested in a 3440x1440 ultrawide, just be aware there's no Freesync or G-Sync on this screen & no curve.
Despite that, I am very pleased with this screen as my first 21:9 Ultrawide, the massive upgrade in screen space over 16:9 1080p is immense! This is also the cheapest 3440x1440 panel you'll find as of the time I type this.
Only nitpick I have is that this monitor does not natively support the lower 2560x1080 resolution out of the box like some other 3440x1440 monitors do.
16 December 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Precision3440 Stunning
Amazing ultrawide experience.
I've done a fair amount of research prior to buying this monitor, and this is a 'budget' one for the 3440x1440 resolution.
Plenty of real estate with the amount of space and stunning image, it's hard to use 1080p screens now after experiencing this beauty.
Coding is amazing, plenty of space for side-to-side windows. Games look stunning, provided you have a powerful enough system (keep in mind this resolution has more than twice the number of pixels of 1920x1080, making it somewhat middle-ground between 1080p and 4K in terms of number of pixels).
The USB3.0 port + USB power port are a nice addition, makes cable management look neater.
The only minor drawbacks are:
1) Low quality built-in speakers, but let's face it: you're not buying this monitor for speakers.
2) Some electrical feedback if you plug your headphones/speakers through the monitor, which, again, is only a minor issue since those can be plugged into the computer.
05 December 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by TomaShen Amazing display.
Opened the box, many cables and a CD in little puch like places in foam. took the foam out with all the monitor inside. the Stand itself looked very nice clean shiny design. the stand is very good quality built(many people complain about it, but they expect a 3000 pound quality) then here comes the monitor out of the box, as soon as i set it up , turned it on, there was no need to calibrate, colors already look great(im not a colorafanatic). i just turned down the brightness a little and bang! ready to go, first game was Project Cars(using g27)... the result? Best ever experience. the 1440p Res makes up for this ultrawide really nicely. movies at 2.35 : 1 look amazing, especially when you can just lift the screen up on this stand , movies look very cinematic. now all i have to do is get stands for my speakers, this display took my whole desk .
#Great for casual gaming- Racing,MMo.
#Plenty of Usb ports on this monitor for charging.
#Stand quiet big
#Overclockable only to 70hz because no power plug brick.simple power cable.
01 December 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bozzley Excellent monitor
I have had this monitor for a week and have had fantastic fun re-playing all of my old FPS games, as they all look fabulous at this resolution. The picture is bright and very clear and crisp. I have had no issues with blur or ghosting. Have just bought a new system from Scan with a GTX 980, which manages this resolution very well.
For general work, word, excel etc it's very pleasant to work on. All in all, I am very happy with this and it is a massive jump in quality from my previous 27" 1980 x 1020 monitor. Definitely recommended. Can't wait for Star Wars Battlefront on this!
05 June 2015