Control and Configure Beyond Plug-N-Play Connectivity
Today’s growing businesses demand and rely more on their network to carry out mission-critical business activities. Companies are putting more network traffic and applications such as VoIP phones and IP cameras on their Ethernet infrastructure. It needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches. NETGEAR ProSAFE® Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features that will help optimize the performance of business networks. On top of the plug-N-play Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, these switches also offer essential networking features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping, Link Aggregation (LAG), rate limiting and traffic monitoring. NETGEAR ProSAFE® Plus Switches are an exceptional value for businesses looking to add intelligence to their network beyond what unmanaged switches can provide.
With the ability to set up and configure QoS, these Gigabit Plus Switches can detect different types of network traffic and assign the desired priority to latency-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video. This helps improve the delivery quality of related applications such as VoIP, multimedia broadcasting, and video conferencing.
Build Multiple Network Groups
These Gigabit Plus Switches can help divide big networks into smaller more manageable groups and have resources dedicated for one or several groups rather than making the same resources open to all. This feature improves overall network performance, adds security to network traffic, and makes more efficient use of network resources.
Troubleshoot Cable Problems
All Gigabit Plus Switches come with a cable diagnostic feature that enables users to easily find out the health status of their network cables. If there are any problems, this feature helps quickly locate the point where the cabling fails; allowing connectivity issues to be fixed much faster, potentially saving technicians hours of troubleshooting.
IGMP Snooping for Optimized Multimedia Traffic Delivery
By listening in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers, the Gigabit Plus switch can maintain a map as to which links need which IP multicast streams. The Gigabit Plus switch therefore will be able to forward multicast traffic only to the links that have asked for them and cut multicast traffic from links that do not contain a multicast listener. Essentially, IGMP snooping helps optimize multicast performance at Layer 2 and is especially useful for bandwidth-intensive IP multicast applications such as IPTV.
- ProSAFE Plus Switch delivers network monitoring, traffic prioritization and VLAN
- 16 ports deliver up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
- Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
- Gigabit speed with QoS, VLAN and network monitoring
- VLAN support for traffic segmentation
- Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
- Loop prevention and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Jumbo frame support
• Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity.
• Gigabit speed with QoS, VLAN and network monitoring.
• VLAN support for traffic segmentation.
• Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization.
• Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention.
• Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test.
• Loop prevention and broadcast storm controls.
• Gigabit speeds meet performance needs of bandwidth hungry applications
• Easy integration of 10, 100 and 1,000 Mbps devices
• Automatic speed and full/half-duplex sensing on every port
• Auto Uplink on every port to ensure correct link for different cables
• LED's make network monitoring easy
• Compatible with PC, Macintosh, Linux and Unix operating systems
• Compact enough for desktop, but comes with a rack mount kit
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 24 port Netgear ProSAFE Plus Gigabit Switch with PoE, Auto DoS, QoS for traffic prioritisation, VLAN support . Please choose from the list below.