The next generation M5300 series is NETGEAR top of the line for managed, stackable Gigabit Ethernet switches with embedded 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink and stacking connectivity. They are ideal for all organizations considering reliable, affordable and simple 10 Gigabit Ethernet backbone architectures. As a proficient component of converged voice, video and data networking solutions, NETGEAR M5300 series delivers a resilient access layer in server rooms for virtualization, campus LAN environments and commercial buildings. Virtual Chassis stacking technology - including non-stop forwarding - scales both the entire network's performance and its redundancy.
• Embedded 10 Gigabit 10GBase-T / SFP+ uplinks.
• 384Gbps Virtual Chassis stacking technology.
• Top of the line access layer for 10GbE backbones.
• Line-rate for virtualization and convergence.
• Innovative multi-vendor Auto-iSCSI optimization.
• Multi-vendor SIP, H323, SCCP Auto-VoIP.
Key Features and Investment Protection
• 24 and 48 Gigabit models, and one 24 Gigabit SFP fiber model.
• Because RIP, OSPF, VRRP or PIM aren't always needed, M5300 series comes with port-based / VLAN-based / subnet-based "static routing" only Layer 2+ versions.
• You can save costs now and should new applications arise, there's seamless upgrade path with Layer 3 licenses.
• 4 or 24 uplink fiber (SFP) ports for Fast Ethernet or Gigabit optics.
• Two embedded 10 Gigabit interfaces streamline network uplinks with SFP+ and 10GBase-T (RJ45) combo ports.
• Two supplemental 10 Gigabit I/O bays for additional uplinks or local / remote stacking, provide versatile 10 Gigabit deployment capabilities.
• Uplink capacity per switch is 4-port 10 Gigabit total, mixing 10GBase-T (RJ45), 10GBase-X (SFP+), 10GBase-CX4 (802.3ak) and 48 Gbps stacking ports.
Main Software Features
• All M5300 series versions share the same code base for easier deployment and maintenance; same firmware across all platforms.
• M5300 series is flexible enough for mixed stacking between Layer 2+ and Layer 3 versions.
• Automatic multi-vendor Voice over IP prioritization based on SIP, H323 and SCCP protocol detection.
• Voice VLAN and LLDP-MED for automatic IP phones QoS and VLAN configuration.
• Multi-hop RP multicast PIM routing advanced implementation for resilient video deployments.
• Advanced classifier-based hardware implementation for L2 (MAC), L3 (IP) and L4 (UDP/TCP transport ports) security and prioritization.
• Innovative multi-vendor Auto-iSCSI capabilities for easier virtualization optimization.
Virtual Chassis Stacking Technology
• True Virtual Chassis Stacking technology with up to 384 Gbps interconnect for network operations simplification.
• Meshed stacking for multi-resiliency and advanced load balancing capabilities.
• Up to 384 ports Gigabit and 16 available 10 Gigabit uplink ports per Virtual Chassis of 8 switches.
• Highest availability with sub-second master failover for L2 and L3 seamless switching.
• Distributed Link Aggregation for active-active connections.
• Investment protection: backward stacking capability with previous GSM72xxPS v1h1 and GSM73xxS v2h1 models.
• DHCP/BootP innovative auto-installation including firmware and configuration file upload automation.
• Industry standard SNMP, RMON, MIB, LLDP, AAA, sFlow and RSPAN implementation.
• Selectable serial RS232 DB9 and Mini-USB port for management console.
• Standard USB port for local storage, logs, configuration or image files.
• Dual firmware image and configuration file for updates with minimum service interruption.
• Industry standard command line interface (CLI) for IT admins used to other vendors commands and scripting.
• Fully functional Web console (GUI) for IT admins who prefer an easy to use graphical interface.
Industry Leading Availability
• Removable, modular power module for the main power supply.
• Hot-swap RPS / EPS capabilities for 100% uptime when the main power supply is replaced.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 24 Port Netgear M5300-28G, M5300 Series Stackable Gigabit L2/L3 Managed Switches, 24x 10/100/1000, 2x 10G, RJ45/SFP/SFP+ . Please choose from the list below.