Gigabyte 2U Rackmount 24 Bay 4 Node H261-Z61 8 AMD Epyc Server
24-Bay 4-Node Gigabyte H261-Z61, AMD EPYC 7000 BB 2U Rack Server, 8x SP3, 64x DDR4, 8x U.2 H-S, 16x 2.5" SAS/SATA H-S
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
AMD EPYC™ Processors: The New x86 Option
AMD’s return to the CPU segment delivers a whole new value proposition to the x86 world. Built on GIGABYTE’s extensive design expertise across a range of chipset platforms, this AMD EPYC™ platform is already receiving acclaim for its high specification:
• Network Connectivity.
This platform is intended as an alternative for builders in the x86 space and packs a real punch in flexibility and expansion options.
CPU Key Features
• Memory Optimization: Memory speed of up to 2666MHz (at 1DPC), Total memory capacity of 4TB supported.
• PCIe Lanes: Up to 128 lanes in both 1P and 2P offerings providing the highest expandability options of any x86 platform.
• Cores / Power: CPU power is managed at the core level, meaning that power is allocated only for specific workload needs.
• Security: Proprietary AMD security on chip.
Both single- and dual-socket CPUs come equipped with 128x PCIe lanes, providing extensive I/O options. This is a huge improvement in I/O vs. incumbent x86 offerings.
Increased I/O allows for flexibility in extending your storage, networking or compute to a level previously unattainable with standard server motherboards.
In addition, the integrated nature of the processor – designed as a system-on-chip (SoC) - means that there is no need for a separate PCH and less additional switches needed for expansion lanes.
CMC for Chassis Management & Multi-Node Monitoring
GIGABYTE’s H-Series Servers feature an Aspeed CMC (Central Management Controller) for chassis-level management and node-level monitoring (by connecting internally to Aspeed BMCs integrated on each node). This results only in one MLAN connection required to perform monitoring of all four nodes*, resulting in less ToR (Top of Rack) cabling and switch connections.
*IPMI only, without iKVM functionality.
GIGABYTE’s H-Series Servers also feature the ability to create a “ring” connection for monitoring & management of all servers (incl. chassis-level & node-level) in a rack (including iKVM support) with an on-board LAN hub and dual MLAN ports*. Only two ToR (Top of Rack) switch connections are needed to create the ring system, and the ring will not be broken even if one server in the chain is shut down, reducing cabling and switch port usage for greater cost savings and management efficiency.
*Standard feature for H281-PE0; optional feature of all other H-Series models by adding Ring Topology Kit (P/N: 6NH23NR48SR-00-100).
Dense, High Speed Storage Support: On-Board M.2
GIGABYTE AMD EPYC™ platforms are designed to support on-board ‘M.2’ storage devices for time-sensitive operations and leaves room on the standard storage for compute tasks. Delivering up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speeds, M.2 offers users considerably faster storage performance than current mSATA devices.
Data Security: TPM 2.0 Module*
GIGABYTE’s EPYC™ platform is designed to support Trusted Platform Modules (TPM - discrete cryptographic on-board processors).
(*Available from GIGABYTE as P/N: 9CTM000NR-00)
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE’s passive components are meticulously selected to guarantee a super stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. GIGABYTE’s server motherboards are built with ultra long lasting components for the highest reliability attainable which allows us to offer some of the most durable servers in the industry.
Ease of Deployment and Management
GIGABYTE is always responsive to market needs and user-friendly solutions, including:
• Tool-less rail kit included as a default across all new server models.
• In-house designed proprietary tool-less sleds for 3.5” HDDs to allow for easy swapping*.
• Supplying multiple connector options and tools where appropriate.
*A full toolkit is included with SKUs designed for 2.5” HDDs.
Efficient, Reliable Power Supply
GIGABYTE SERVER AMD EPYC™ servers are designed to guarantee high conversion efficiency regardless of load. Redundant 80 Plus ‘Titanium’ or ‘Platinum’ PSUs, combined with GIGABYTE’s precision engineering, translates to super efficient power usage which maximizes the system’s power : performance ratio and reduces OPEX for the user.
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) is GIGABYTE’s proprietary multiple server remote management software platform, available as a free download from each GIGABYTE server product page. GSM is compatible with either IPMI or Redfish (RESTful API) connection interfaces, and comprises the following sub-programs:
• GSM Server: A software program with an easy to use browser-based GUI to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
• GSM CLI: A command-line interface program to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
• GSM Agent*: A software program installed locally on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves additional node information (CPU/Mem/HDD/PCI/…) from the OS and passes it to the BMC. This information can then be utilized by GSM Server or GSM CLI.
• GSM Mobile: A remote server management mobile APP, available for both Android and iOS.
• GSM Plugin: A plugin that allows the user to manage and monitor GIGABYTE server nodes within VMware’s vCenter.
*GSM Agent is currently compatible with Avocent MergePoint IPMI 2.0 BMC firmware, but not yet compatible with Megarac SP-X BMC firmware.
Intuitive & Informative User Interface
Starting from the GSM Server dashboard, the user can clearly understand the status of each node in the IT environment, including:
• Node connection status (system is online/offline).
• Node hardware sensor status (to detect hardware anomalies). Sensors measure voltage, fan speed and temperature.
• Node usage rate status (allowing you to timely allocate more resources when they are needed), including:
- Power consumption.
- Disk/RAID usage information.
- Memory usage rate.
- CPU usage rate.
- Network card / PCI information.
• The user can also perform various management functions, including:
• Node remote access:
- Power on / off / reset.
- Launch iKVM.
- Reboot BMC / BMC Account Configuration.
• Network Configuration:
- IPv4/IPv6 setting.
• Alert Management:
- SNMP trap setting.
- Platform events filters.
- Forwarding alerts by email.
• BMC / BIOS / CPLD Update.
• Power Consumption Limit Setting.
• Group Management:
- Create groups of nodes for BMC / BIOS update or manage power consumption settings.
GSM Mobile for iOS and Android
A GSM Mobile app is available for download for both iOS and Android mobile phones for remote server management on the go.
Management through VMware vCenter
A GSM Plugin is available for VMware’s vCenter, allowing the user to perform remote monitoring and management of GIGABYTE server nodes without having to switch to a separate software platform.
GIGABYTE BMC Interface: Easy BIOS Upgrade
GIGABYTE has developed this integrated function (requiring no additional software) that allows users to update the BIOS of motherboards through the BMC controller:
• No need to install core components such as CPUs, memory, drives and OS.
• No need to power on the system (NB. PSU must be connected).
• Update individual (IPMI 2.0) or multiple boards simultaneously (Command Line).
Dynamic Fan Speed Control
GIGABYTE servers are enabled with dynamic fan speed adjustment. Individual fan speed will be automatically adjusted according to the system’s current temperature (according to CPU, DIMM, M.2, HDD, GPU temperature sensors), to achieve the best cooling and power efficiency. When the BMC detects a temperature change, fan speed will be automatically adjusted accordingly. Fan speed profiles may also be manually created and edited* when necessary according to the user’s custom requirements.
*Enabled on selected models & performed through BMC console management GUI.
Intelligent Power Management Features: Cold Redundancy
To take advantage of the fact that a PSU will run at greater power efficiency with a higher loading, GIGABYTE has introduced a power management feature called Cold Redundancy for servers with dual PSU. When the total system loading falls lower than 40%, the system will automatically place one PSU into standby mode, enabling the other PSU to take over the greater load. This can enable total system power efficiency savings of up to 10%.
GIGABYTE maintains its commitment to green products, and adheres to the latest RoHS regulations (in effect July 2017).
More Detailed information can be found for this model inside the official .pdf manual below:
Features • 2U - 4 nodes with rear access to the node trays.
• Dual AMD EPYC™ 7000 series processor families.
• 8x SP3 (LGA 4094) sockets.
• 8-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4, 64x DIMMs.
• 8x 1Gb/s LAN ports (Intel® I350-AM2).
• 4x Dedicated management ports.
• 1x CMC global management port.
• 8x 2.5" U.2, 16 x SATA/SAS hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays.
• 8x M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface.
• 8x Low profile PCIe Gen3 expansion slots.
• 4x OCP Gen3 x16 mezzanine slots.
• Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller.
• 2200W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant PSU.
• Optimized performance with Mellanox Infiniband EDR 100G or Ethernet 100G products.
|Form Factor||2U Rackmount with 4 Nodes|
|CPU Type||8x AMD EPYC™|
|Manufacturing Process||14 nm|
|No. of Threads||64|
|CPU Cooler||Passive Heatsink|
|Max. TDP||180 W|
|CPU Socket||SP3 x8|
|Motherboard Form Factor||4 Node Bespoke/Custom|
|Memory Capacity Included||N/A|
|Memory Channels||Octa (8) per CPU/Socket|
|Memory Type (ECC)|
|Memory Type (R/U)||RDIMM / LRDIMM|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||8192GB (64x128GB)|
|Processor/Motherboard Graphics Chip||Aspeed AST2500 Integrated|
|Discrete GPU Chipset|
|GPU Manufacturing Process|
|GPU Cores/Streams/Execution Units|
|GPU Tensor Cores||N/A|
|Base GPU Speed||N/A|
|Max. GPU Speed||N/A|
|GPU Memory Size|
|GPU Memory Type|
|GPU Memory Clock|
|GPU Memory Bus|
|Discrete GPU Cooler|
|Max. GPU Resolution|
|Graphics Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|Storage Drive Included||No|
|Storage Drive Type|
|Storage Drive Capacity||N/A|
|RAID Support||Requires RAID Card|
|Network Interface Type||
|Network Chip/Modules||4 x Intel® i350-AM2 Dual Port (GbE)|
|Cooling Fans||8 x 80mm|
|Keyboard / Mouse Included||No|
|Remote Control Included||No|
|PSU Wattage||2200 W|
|PSU Efficiency Rating||80 PLUS Platinum|
|Operating System Included||No|
|Operating System||O/S Not Included - Please Buy Separately|
|Dimensions||440 x 87 x 820 (mm WxHxD)|
|Notes||*SAS card is required for SAS devices support. *Specifications are Total Figures, NOT per Node.|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 1 days